The Devils' Schedule

Triumph

Devils average 25.7 shots for in Brodeur's starts. For Schneider's starts they average 23.6 shots for.

Not as bad as I expected considering the 4 games where they were in the low teens.   Should only be a .17 GF advantage assuming an 8.5 shooting %

Edited by maxpower

The shots for are also going to depend heavily on the opposition - we know Schneider has faced more difficult competition.  I think that differential is about what we would expect.

Again, if this were a thing, we'd've seen it in other years.  It isn't.

Edited by Triumph

To be fair that can be said for just about every team in the league.

People make a lot about the fact that an Eastern bubble team (the Devils) were dominated by a juggernaut of a team (the Blackhawks). It was to be expected, I'd say.

well there is a middle ground- a team can break even in chances and still look respectable, when we break even in chances usually the other team makes out like bandits.

So like I said, unless we dominate in puck possession, our defensemen aren't good enough to keep the puck off net. I guess what I'm getting at is the system is what leads to limiting other teams chances, not the quality of talent.

When a team like the hawks just abuse our system, we don't have the talent to make up for it.

I forgot the part where goal tenders score goals.

I'm not going to blame corey for losses where he held the other team to 2 goals and we didn't win. He's a good goal tender not a machine. There are only 2 games I really put on him this season, the rest of his losses were not his fault.

The one thing hes terrible at is the shoot out, but we can't score on those anyway so it doesn't really matter.

People often go around saying players are good or bad in the shootout.  It's one on one, its a coin toss, I don't feel like skill has a whole lot to do with it at times.