1009 replies to this topic

#941 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

I found cheap No Way Out tickets but it's within the nosebleeds of the Izod Center. Is it still worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc2be88d3

n2eg.jpg

#942 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

I found cheap No Way Out tickets but it's within the nosebleeds of the Izod Center. Is it still worth it?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc2be88d3

You have to decide that for yourself really. Have you seen a show there before? It wholly depends on the card for me to decide on something like this and we have very little idea what the main event might be with all the various feuds going on. If you like the current product then Id say thats a good deal for PPV tix, I probably wouldnt do it unless the card is great. Tonight and tomorrow will give you an idea of where they're going with this show unless it doesnt matter to begin with.

I don't like sitting that far away from a wrestling ring, but I also don't like sitting too close. Worst experience Ive ever had with live wrestling is fifth row at a Raw. Too many signs and people acting like a$$holes trying to get on TV. It didnt help that it was a boring Raw that had two 20 minute promos between Cena/Batista and a JBL contract signing.

#943 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

So it looks like I'll be going to No Way Out. First live event since probably ECW in South Amboy many many years ago.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#944 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

So it looks like I'll be going to No Way Out. First live event since probably ECW in South Amboy many many years ago.

I'll be there as well. It's always weird going back to the Meadowlands.

#945 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'll be there as well. It's always weird going back to the Meadowlands.

Yeah. I miss the memories and such, but damn, I don't miss the building itself or the traffic.

I was up in 209 (another thing I don't miss - the hike up 20 rows to the cheap seats). Considering it could have been an absolutely terrible PPV, it wasn't bad. Worth the $15 or so I spent on the ticket, anyway.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#946 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yeah. I miss the memories and such, but damn, I don't miss the building itself or the traffic.

I was up in 209 (another thing I don't miss - the hike up 20 rows to the cheap seats). Considering it could have been an absolutely terrible PPV, it wasn't bad. Worth the $15 or so I spent on the ticket, anyway.

Ya those new parking decks, not the original one, sure made everything a real clusterfvck. I got there at like 7pm and wasn't parked until 7:30. Never had that issue before all that nonsense with xandu started.

Ppv was what I expected, the wwe/world/ic title matches were entertaining and everything else was medicore to bad.

#947 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

ROH tomorrow night at the Manhattan Center. Jay Lethal is one of my cousin's childhood friends, so getting in on that with some perks. Never been to an event of theirs before.

#948 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

ROH tomorrow night at the Manhattan Center. Jay Lethal is one of my cousin's childhood friends, so getting in on that with some perks. Never been to an event of theirs before.

You should have a good time. I won't be going today but I've been to many ROH events over the years. To me the price of their events is what makes it worth going to. You can get 3 hrs of pretty entertaining wrestling for usually prices as low as 15 to 20 bucks. Especially when you can compare that price to the same as a sh!tty 3d movie it makes the value even better.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 24 June 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#949 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

The nostaglia campaign continues!!
Posted Image

..quite a month of June, if you were an oldschool fan from 15 years ago. Vader & Psycho Sid over the last 2 weeks leading up to the milestone RAW. This summer's starting to feel like 1997 instead of 2012.
I'd imagine we'll see them again next month @ the 1,000th (along with Hot Rod) for a conga-line parting shot(s) at the expense of Heath Slater.

Either way, I still marked out hard. :wub:

Edited by Beezer34, 25 June 2012 - 11:12 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#950 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

You should have a good time. I won't be going today but I've been to many ROH events over the years. To me the price of their events is what makes it worth going to. You can get 3 hrs of pretty entertaining wrestling for usually prices as low as 15 to 20 bucks. Especially when you can compare that price to the same as a sh!tty 3d movie it makes the value even better.

Yea, I had a great time for sure. I was able to go backstage and stuff which I had never experienced and it was very cool and some of it was unexpected. Met Maria and was shocked at how stunning she really is. Good show though and everyone worked their tail off.

#951 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

The WWE really needs to start expanding the talent pool. If they had any real competition they would be history by now. Unbelievably boring lately with the same guys at the top. Kane and Big Show as top guys? Please.

Watch on youtube the IC title match between Razor Ramon and Rick Martel. Whatever happened to that?

Vince and HHH are terrible at running the show with no opposition

#952 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

not sure why but i am curious to see what they are going to do with AJ. She has been great so far

#953 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Rumor going around is a reunion of the NWO is in the works. Kevin Nash as been using Twitter as his platform to push a possible return of NWO and on top of that he is talking about Cm Punk being the new leader.

n2eg.jpg

#954 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Rumor going around is a reunion of the NWO is in the works. Kevin Nash as been using Twitter as his platform to push a possible return of NWO and on top of that he is talking about Cm Punk being the new leader.

Wow Nash is desperate.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#955 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

If any of you guys watched the 1000th episode of Raw then I'm sure you were just as disappointed and shocked as me that Stone Cold didn't even make an appearance. He could have came down to the ring, said give me a hell yeah, drank some beers and left and that would have been perfect. Anything would have been fine. Stone Cold was so important to Raw for many years and for him to not be on the show was horrible.

#956 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Jerry The King Lawler had a heart attack on the air last night doing commentary. Very scary moment, you could see him with his head down and hear him making snorting noises. They said he's in the hospital and breathing on his own so that's a good sign. I hope he recovers asap.

#957 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

the original nWo rocked, the reincarnations have been really disappointing....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#958 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

the original nWo rocked, the reincarnations have been really disappointing....

Exactly, the Wolf Pack was it. It became a joke when 90% of the Wrestlers were nWo.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#959 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

My favorite ppv of the year(not counting mania) is tonight. CM Punk vs The Rock for the WWE title plus a Rumble where I'm not quite sure who is going to win. I think Cena is gonna win though.

Should be a fun one though.

#960 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

My favorite ppv of the year(not counting mania) is tonight. CM Punk vs The Rock for the WWE title plus a Rumble where I'm not quite sure who is going to win. I think Cena is gonna win though.

Should be a fun one though.

I came into this thread and I read the very first post and got a chuckle out of it. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 lol. And Kennedy didn't screwed out of MITB, he got it taken away because he's an idiot backstage. The Cena rant is still relevant. I desperately do not want to see Cena beat the Rock at Mania.

The Rumble is definitely my 2nd fave PPV. Its usually ALWAYS good.

Edited by ghdi, 27 January 2013 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users