Top 10 Most Hated Professional Athletes

Donato2327

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'll bite. Let's see if I can get to 10, in no particular order:

1. Sean Avery (His purse and skates always match)

2. Mark Messier (melon head)

3. John Rocker (Met fans should have been throwing bigger batteries, like Car batteries)

4. Larry Jones (I will not call a grown man "Chipper")

5. Stephon Marbury (lying, over-rated scum)

6. Steve Phillips (Shut up. The Mets still fired you and you'll never work in baseball again)

7. Sidney Crosby (It's not about you douche-bag)

8. Scott Gomez (I hope the extra pesos were worth it. Enjoy being Avery's wing-man in the Village)

9. Roger Clemens (Don't tell me a chunk of bat is the same as a ball, Mr. Roid-Rage)

10. Any sports announcers who openly root for the team they cover. (I understand being slanted because that's where the paycheck comes from but, yelling and cheering? Makes me sick. Especially those who say "we" when talking about a team.)

PS. For those who say they can do something if............................

No, sorry, you can't.

They were talking about this on the radio today (Phillies are the only team playing around here). I really enjoyed it.

Heres my list...

1. Jose Reyes: Cocky, arrogant...and the fact hes good makes me hate him more.

2. Tony Romo: Everyone talks about how great he is, but he is so overated. Plus he banged Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson. And that damn smile

3. Scott Gomez: Greedy bastard.

4. Sean Avery: I'm not going to even bother with a reason. He's not worth it.

5. Manny: Same reasons as Jose Reyes. Atleast he's funny though. And hasn't been caught taking steroids. Oh wait. Well atleast he took a nice manly steroid.

6. Michael Vick: So much RUNNING (not throwing) talent gone to waste. He is a douchebag to the fans and not to mention a Dog murderer.

7. Jerry Jones: Ugh. I hate the cowboys. I HATE the cowboys.

8. Michael Wilboun/Tony Kornhaiser: I hate PTI with a burning passion. Theses douchebags no nothing about hockey, nothing about sports for that matter, but jerk off Crosby and Ovechkin so much.

9. Barry Bonds: It's not so much the fact he took steroids, but the fact he is such an @$$.

10. Henrik Lundqvist: If I hear one more Ranger fan talk about how "King Henrik" is "the best goalie in the NHL" I am going to throw up. He is terrible. He is awful. So overated.

Dishonorable Mention:

Eric Staal: He is very good, but god damn he is a Devil killer.

Crosby: He's not on the list because hate him or not, he is a great player and has brought alot of new fans to hockey.

They forgot Marty Broduer

10- Randal Cunningham

09- Darcy Tucker

08- Dick Vital

07- Jack Edwards

06- David Stern

05- Jingoist Canadian Hockey Journalists

04- Mark Messier

03- Barry Bonds

02- Alex Rodriguez

01 (tie)- Donald Fehr & George Steinbrenner

I think this is entirely unfair. Was Jordan considered great before winning a championship? I would say so. Championships do not dictate greatness for individuals in team sports IMO. Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Stockton, Ted Williams, Earl Campbell, Dick Butkus, Ernie Banks, Marcel Dionne never won, to name a few. I am no Cavs fan by any stretch, but I completely respect LeBron's game. He's a team guy, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and doesn't come off like a thug.

Anyway, my list:

1. Michael Vick - I don't think this needs an explanation. I am fine with him getting out of prison, but I do not feel that he deserves to be reinstated.

2. A-Rod - He is the antithesis to the description I gave LeBron above. I am a Yankees fan as well.

3. Dustin Pedroia - I just hate the rat-looking fvcker.

4. Sid the Flid - For all the reasons others have given.

5. Sean Avery

6. Andy Reid - Makes me sick to hear him speak, look at him, or hear anyone give him any credit.

7. Scott Gomez - Agreed with the one who said he'd top my list a few years ago, but Vick and A-Roid have trumped that, and seeing him suffer in NYC is good comeuppance.

8. Tom Brady - IMO he's the product of a system and overrated. Plus, he just looks like a douche.

9. Latrell Sprewell - What a moron.

10. Curt Schilling

Hon mentions: Phil Mickelson, Bill Belichick (get some wart remover, ugly bastard), Marbury.

Just curious as to why. Should he not be allowed to work? Football is a job. Period. Now....I would NEVER allow that slimeball on my team, but I think that he should be allowed to go to work. He supposedly has paid his dues, so he should have that right.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I'm going in a different direction than picking individuals:

1. anyone associated with NASCAR (still don't understand how driving real fast is a sport)

2. CandyCanes announcers--the most nauseating announcers ever.

3. NHL refs (at least the majority of them)

4. all Rags management, players, announcers, fans and anyone associated with them

5. all Red Sox players (can't include management, I think Terry Francona is a good coach. Kills me to say it though)

OK I'm going against my own rule here:

6. Brian Cashman - since 2001 - yes I'm a Yankees fan. When will he get they need more than 1 decent pitcher? (the court is still out on CC for me)

7. Can't remember - did anyone yet mention BETTMAN? If not, he'd be my #1 for so many things, too numerous to list.

8. He's not management, but it has to be said--Don Cherry's tailor.

With no particular order:

Gomez

Avery

Sam Rosen

Messier

Lundqvist

Swedish national soccer team (ugh)

AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid (I like Juventus, Man U and Barca, nuff said)

Eric Staal

Howard Webb (a soccer referee who robbed Poland during the last World Cup... they deserved to be eliminated anyway, but the hate remains :P)

Michael Ballack (I liked him during his Bayern years, but then he went to Chelsea for $$$ and has sucked ever since...)

I don't have much love for Gianlucca Zambrotta, Liliam Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and some other guys who jumped ship when Juventus got relegated to serie B. Same thing with Beckham, Van Nisterlooy, Heinze and other players Real stole from Manchester. I should probably include Luis Figo too, but I'm young and I wasn't really a big soccer fan during his Barcelona years.

Oh, and I'm sure there's a lot of players, coaches etc. I forgot about. But it would take too much time to rethink all this.

Edited by Revan

With no particular order:

Gomez

Avery

Sam Rosen

Messier

Lundqvist

Swedish national soccer team (ugh)

AC Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid (I like Juventus, Man U and Barca, nuff said)

Eric Staal

Howard Webb (a soccer referee who robbed Poland during the last World Cup... they deserved to be eliminated anyway, but the hate remains :P)

Michael Ballack (I liked him during his Bayern years, but then he went to Chelsea for $$$ and has sucked ever since...)

I don't have much love for Gianlucca Zambrotta, Liliam Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and some other guys who jumped ship when Juventus got relegated to serie B. Same thing with Beckham, Van Nisterlooy, Heinze and other players Real stole from Manchester. I should probably include Luis Figo too, but I'm young and I wasn't really a big soccer fan during his Barcelona years.

Oh, and I'm sure there's a lot of players, coaches etc. I forgot about. But it would take too much time to rethink all this.

Chelsea?? someone obviousley dosen't like real mens football how the game is supposed to be played :argh: .

I agree with Howard Webb, the man is an a$$, total total a$$, he's not happy unless he is the center of attention.

Ballack has really picked up his game this season since he has been placed in the Makalele role, the trouble has been he is to old now to play like he used to for Bayern (although he manages to do it more for Germany but european football is slower than the Premier Leauge)

All the Man United players you listed left beacuse United didnt want them anymore, Beckham fell out with Furguson because of the boot to the face incident and he was detracting from the team with his private life, Van Nistelrooy also fell out with fergy and publicly stated he wanted to stay at united but to much damage was done , and Hinze tried to angle a move to Liverpool , but United would rather kill a player than let him go to anfield so they shipped him off to the highest bidder outside england which was Madrid.

I thought you would have hated players like Podolski and Klose??