1071 replies to this topic

#21 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

I think this will be a very disappointing blockbuster season. It certainly got off to a bad start with Wolverine, which I thought kinda sucked. The only movies I'm really looking forward to this summer are Star Trek, Public Enemies and Up (Pixar never lets me down). Transformers 2 will basically the same as the first, which means more lame and infantile humor. I haven't decided on Terminator 4 yet. The trailer looks promising and it features Christian Bale, but it is a scary thought that we have to depend on McG to save the summer season...

Yeah but there is Megan Fox on it.

This years is being slow to me to get any interest in movies, nothing good right now, nothing interistting from Brazil either.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#22 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

My take on some of the movies I've seen trailers for:

Wolverine : I think I've seen all three of the original X-Men movies, but I'm not a crazy fanboy, so I really could care less how Wolverine got his claws. That being said, this is one of two popcorn movies I will see, simply because that "KER-CHING" sound of metal of flesh makes me happy. Like 13 year old kid playing with Legos happy.

T-4 - I've decided Christian Bale has as much charm as a bouquet of dead roses but that wont stop me from making this the other popcorn movie I see this summer. Things will go BOOM and that, again, will make me happy.

Public Enemies - This looks like a good one but enough with Bale. Again, I saw him for exactly 3 seconds in the trailer but he does nothing but bring stomach acid up from the back of my throat. I'm really beginning to dislike this guy. That aside, Johnny Depp is amazing in pretty much everything he does not involving Tim Burton. Slowly step away from Tim Burton, Johnny...thats it...I'd rather watch you for 20 minutes in Chocolat than 2 hours of Sweeny Todd. As for the movie, I'm a sucker for 30's era gangster films, so I might go out to see this one.

Give 'Em Hell, Malone - Wow...Kill Bill meets Snatch meets...uh...every tough guy film made in the 70's. Yeah, like DiG said, one of the most violent trailers I've ever seen. Not sure what to make of this one yet...this one might go straight to Netflix.

Star Trek - This one will be so rotten, it's going to spread swine flu to everyone in the theater. Yes! Flu from pigs!! Stay away at all costs!

Inglourious Basterds - Tarantino tries his hand at WWII and who knows what the outcome will be. Let's just hope it's more Pulp Fiction than Grindhouse. I'll probably see this one as I'm a Tarantino fanboy but his biggest strength is creating fantasitc characters and rich dialouge. I'm hoping the WWII setting doesn't hold him back in that regard. Haven't seen the trailer yet (cursed work computer) but I'll have a better feel for it once I do.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#23 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

I thought the Wolverine movie was pretty good. It's no Dark Knight or Watchmen, but hell, what is? It's a good popcorn flick. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, I almost wish I was a little more into the X-Men so I woulda understood half of the mutants they tried squeezing into this movie. From what I understand, they made one character up just so they could give the dude from Black Eyed Peas a role, and that's kinda cheesy.

But, all in all, an entertaining flick.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#24 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

Alright, so it's entirely not my type of movie, but The Hangover looks hilarious based on the trailer they just showed on Versus.

It's clearly because of Mike Tyson rocking out to In The Air Tonight.

The rest of it looks funny as well.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

I saw State of Play last night, thought it was real good.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Alright, so it's entirely not my type of movie, but The Hangover looks hilarious based on the trailer they just showed on Versus.

It's clearly because of Mike Tyson rocking out to In The Air Tonight.

The rest of it looks funny as well.

That was the finisher... and the OH MY GOD I NEED TO SEE THIS MOMENT!!!!

Makes you wanna mumble that song in his voice!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so I'm definitely going to see Public Enemies.
And I'm not gonna lie, Harry Potter comes out. I'm going to the midnight showing like a 10 year old. Hahahaa

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#28 ZZPop91519

ZZPop91519

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so I'm definitely going to see Public Enemies.
And I'm not gonna lie, Harry Potter comes out. I'm going to the midnight showing like a 10 year old. Hahahaa

ahh i completely forgot about Harry Potter :D
Posted Image

#29 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Luckily for me, Tim Burton is nowhere near Public Enemies, making it worthwhile to see. Micheal Mann (Heat, Collateral) is direcitng this one, so I'm expecting a good time.

Alos, I agree that Johnny Depp is fantastic and Tim Burton is a visionary, but lately, together, they really fall flat. Charlie and the Choclate Factory? Sweeny Todd? Blech! Sorry guys, but you can't capture the magic of Edward Scissorhands on ever film you make.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#30 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

By the by, just watched the trailer for The Hurt Locker and it looks pretty cool in a Blackhawk Down kind of way.

Trailer here : http://www.trailerad...ocker/trailer-b
Posted Image

#31 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

By the by, just watched the trailer for The Hurt Locker and it looks pretty cool in a Blackhawk Down kind of way.

Trailer here : http://www.trailerad...ocker/trailer-b

That looks pretty awesome.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I can watch the freaking Tyson scene for days on end!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#33 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

I can watch the freaking Tyson scene for days on end!!!

Tyson singing = instant funny.

Not funny enough for me to run out and see the movie, but if it came on HBO I'd check it out. Looks like an entertaining premise. The trailer for Jack Black's "Year One", on the other hand... :puke:
Posted Image

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

Tyson singing = instant funny.

Not funny enough for me to run out and see the movie, but if it came on HBO I'd check it out. Looks like an entertaining premise. The trailer for Jack Black's "Year One", on the other hand... :puke:

Well I'll be sure to tell about it... the Hangover looks like the awesome!! Much like Role Models was!

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

OK, I was VERY unsure about seeing this one based on past butcheries of the Hulk and MORE so Transformers (even Superman to an extent)

BUT HOLD sh!t DID STAR TREK GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am highly impressed on how they rebooted the fracnhise while not only NOT sh!tting on the original but honoring it in the highest of ways!!!

#36 Cracker5

Cracker5

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

Wolverine was pretty good. Just don't stay and watch what's after the credits like I did!

I'm not a fan of Star Trek at all, but if I was I would have thought the movie was excellent. Great casting, great cinematography, just not a Star Trek kinda guy...

I can't wait for Inglourious Basterds!!

...Random...but just saw Fight Club and American History X the first time the other night--WOW.

Posted Image
~Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD #5 Lehotay~
Season 1 Stats: 82 GP, 4 G, 12 A, 16 PT, Team Leading 1011 Hits, 10 Fighting Majors (8 Wins)
~Team 230 Crazies/Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD/RW #5 Lehotay~
Season 2 Stats: 82 GP, 50 G, 35 A, 85 PT, 647 Hits, 14 Fighting Majors (9 Wins)

#37 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

...Random...but just saw Fight Club and American History X the first time the other night--WOW.

This is why I believe that, Incredible Hulk aside, Edward Norton is one of the best actors of our generation.

Go rent/download/Netflix queue/whatever The Illusionist. Great movie.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#38 Cracker5

Cracker5

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

This is why I believe that, Incredible Hulk aside, Edward Norton is one of the best actors of our generation.

I completely agree.

I thought Ed Norton was this soft, puny dweep kind-of-guy. I have so much respect for this guy. He's such a great actor. I thought he was actually good in the Incredible Hulk--better than Eric Bana, at least.

I could watch Fight Club, American History X, and The Illusionist (mainly for Jessica Biel :boogie: ) all day.

Posted Image
~Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD #5 Lehotay~
Season 1 Stats: 82 GP, 4 G, 12 A, 16 PT, Team Leading 1011 Hits, 10 Fighting Majors (8 Wins)
~Team 230 Crazies/Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD/RW #5 Lehotay~
Season 2 Stats: 82 GP, 50 G, 35 A, 85 PT, 647 Hits, 14 Fighting Majors (9 Wins)

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

All the performances in The Illusionist were excellent, IMO. Norton, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel -- and Rufus Sewall as Crown Prince Leopold was killer.

#40 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

Yea Star Trek was good. I was never really a fan of it but I really liked the movie.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users