Jiri Bicek

brylin18

i have been impressed with bicek's play since he's been called up. it may have something to do with the entire team being on a roll, but bicek himself has been a great complement to gomez and elias. he makes quick decisions with the puck, makes smart passes, is a good skater and isn't afraid of going into the corners (no devils forward can be afraid really). i see a little brylin in him, although sergei is more confident in shooting than bicek is.

He was pushed around a little last night - and sometimes almost seemed surprised when he was successful - but that's the first i ever noticed him selfconscious about his game -- or self aware i guess.

Bicek is good he really is -- he was the same with the rats. No one in Albany could figure on why he never got up to Jersey for good...hopefully this is his time! I like him in Jersey but if he has to go elsewhere to stay in the NHL that's OK too! I can't say as I can guess that he'll make it for sure but i do like him FAR more deserving than the likes of Mike Je..ehem Danton.

well, he seems to have gotten a little stronger & quicker, but I still see him as a fringe player for now.

hope he keeps working hard, it would be great if Bicek became another Brylin.

I do see some Brylin in him -- that's probably why Burns likes teaming them up (with Gomez, and in that OT against the Kings even though it didn't work out so hot.)

He's also got some Sykora shot in him too. Which is lovely. He needs a little more to be playing on that line, but that's OK, we can wait. :)

The Devils are benefitting from all the new rat blood. Rupp, Bicek and Bergy have all helped in one way or another.

Bicek has coaxed some of that old time magic out of Elias.

Bergy has filled in admirably for an injured Gionta.

Rupp is the strong presence in front of the net we so badly needed. He is the #16 that lets his play speak louder than his words.

It is no coincidence that the Devils began the tear they are on after he was called up.

:evil:

I can't stand Bicek It may be due to me wanting to see Elias and gomez have a better partner at wing and in turn it causes me to focus on his defects.

However, When i watch Bicek Move the puck over blue line I cringe because He'll stop all forward momentum and look to drop the puck back to whoever is behind him more often than not turning the puck over or passing it out of the zone. This usually occurs because there is a D-man in front of him and he doesn't want to get hit. I just don't understand why he doesn't dump it into the corner or take a shot on net and chase with his teammates trailing him.

with the rats he had no qualms about taking it up himself -- i don't think he's afraid of hits i think he's trying to be smart and generous and trust his line mates -- you do have to give him slack to find his way. Dump and chase can be as annoying as dropping back and result in as many turn overs