GDT 2/8/11 Devils vs. Hurricanes

ZeroGravityFat

TG:

Even with an effort they did not think was their best, the Devils improved to 10-1-2 in their last 13 games. They’re enjoying it, but aren’t satisfied.

“It’s nice, but it just started,” Kovalchuk said of the team’s roll. “We’ll have way more fun.”

:boogie:

The rock was well rocking tonight! Very loud "LGD" chants going on in the late 3rd after we tied it up, and crazy in OT!!! I think that is the loudest I have heard the rock in a VERY long time!!!

yea the chants were loud but still out of sync.

didn't look much like an intentional elbow. he didn't purposely extend it into boychuk's face. he saw the guy coming and stiffened up his arm as a shield. it was boychuk's own fault he went nose first into the elbow.

Eh, I think Volchenkov wanted to hit him and stuck out his arm a bit too far to make contact. Not a dirty intent to injure as the Carolina fans seems to think, but it was a bad hit and he probably deserves a game for it. Maybe sitting for a game or two would be good for him and he'll come back with his head on straight since he had a pretty poor game all around last night.

I think he'll probably get a game or two for it.

the way they were talking on "On The Fly" it was as if he violently threw the elbow, its not his freaking fault Boychuck is 1) much shorter than him, 2) bent OVER to reach for the puck when the two collided. yeah there was some motion in his arm, but to me, it looked more like a guy trying to make sure he got a piece of him [possibly a shoulder check that just missed] rather than let him skate past.

Then again, this is Bettman's NHL so lifetime ban and forfeit of every first round draft pick until Marty's youngest retires from work is probably the penalty.

I would have thought the guy had been flatened by all the talk around the hit, but he continued skating (backwards yet) without going completely down and contined looking at the puck until after the whistle. 3 games is too much here.

I would have thought the guy had been flatened by all the talk around the hit, but he continued skating (backwards yet) without going completely down and contined looking at the puck until after the whistle. 3 games is too much here.

it was a hit to the head, and since devils are the 'make an example out of' team of the new decade, we get screwed with it.