guess who came into my store now?

Weekes Head

so, i work at a pharmacy in livingston. we've been hammered with flu shots lately with lines out the door. i barely recognize my employees at this point i've seen so many people. in the midst of the lines tonight however was none other than david clarkson. i did a double take at first but after seeing his "clarky's kids" hat i decided it would be silly to ask "hey are you david clarkson?" ...of course i still asked anyway. he summoned me to the front end of the store where i helped him pick out a new shaver ("you know how lou likes it...") he was surprisingly nice and super talkative. he asked me who he thought the captain should be. i say "YOU tell me!" and he responds with "well, duh, kovy. gotta keep him happy." and awkwardly laughs.

got to spend a couple minutes with him chatting about random crap and he is a really funny guy. my cashier (who had no idea who he was) somehow ended up carrying on a five minute conversation about types of water. (she's, uh, special.) i'm amazed he took the bait and went with it.

really cool experience all and all. sure beats the other famous face we get in - wendy williams. lol.

Maybe I am overthinking this but the Kovy thing disturbs me.

Clearly he is joking, but there is some truth in jest.

If the locker room thinks the best player, and most importantly, highest paid player in the locker room is mentally fragile, the team itself will suffer.

If the locker room thinks the best player, and most importantly, highest paid player in the locker room is mentally fragile, the team itself will suffer.

I think you are overthinking it. Marty and Clarky are really good friends and both of them admitted that they think Kovy is a great teammate and person. So I dont think theres a locker room problem. They are just making little jokes, just like when Marty joked about the KHL yesterday to TG..."I might go, play in that all-star game, come late (to camp),” he quipped."

Edited by Zubie#8

I mean you can't take seriously what is said in post game pressers, you're really gonna take any heed in what Clarkson said to a fan in a pharmacy? Once the season is under way we will forget about this Kovy fiasco in weeks time

I mean you can't take seriously what is said in post game pressers, you're really gonna take any heed in what Clarkson said to a fan in a pharmacy? Once the season is under way we will forget about this Kovy fiasco in weeks time

ha, for the record, i didn't really want to get into any sort of discussion with him. i just felt obligated to give a respecftul "hey i'm a big devils fan, thanks for all you do" type of greeting to him. he seemed really into it and i think that's totally cool. i didn't think twice about the kovy thing. he said it with a big smile on his face anyway. the guy was just being nice. and it was pretty neat because it definitely made my night.

• Like 2