The Official 2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Derlique

If the reports are true, this is a sad day for the Devils, but at the same time, it is necessary. Marty wants more games, but we all know that Schneider is now the number one goaltender for now and for the future, considering he re-signs, which is highly possible. Marty gave us great years, but we have to think of our team's future now. Schneider gives us the best chances to win right now. He's our goalie of the future, and we have to show that to him. With that being said, Marty will always remain my favorite goalie and he will always be the best to have played the game in my mind.

Rumors that Pens are looking at Zidlicky according to Rob Russo of the PITT Tribune. That's why Don Waddell followed last week.

Rumors that Pens are looking at Zidlicky according to Rob Russo of the PITT Tribune. That's why Don Waddell followed last week.

WE need Zidlicky to make the damn playoffs

anyway...I'd entertain Zids for Beau Bennett. Not that they'd say yes but that's who I'd ask for

Edited by '7'

I guess the logical question re: Zidlicky, is how much better/worse do you think Gelinas is than him.  Can you pencil Gelinas into Zid's spot and not miss a whole lot?

If so..I'd say trade him.  Bring a forward back.

Plus it finally brings Larsson back from the AHL

Cory Conacher on waivers. Thoughts on him as a cheap, young, speedy pick-up?

Cory Conacher on waivers. Thoughts on him as a cheap, young, speedy pick-up?

Amazing how everyone thought he was a steal. I'd take a flyer on him.

WE need Zidlicky to make the damn playoffs

anyway...I'd entertain Zids for Beau Bennett. Not that they'd say yes but that's who I'd ask for

Well the Pens don't have a 2nd rounder so they'd have to give up their 1st or a solid prospect. Zidlicky has been pretty darn good this year and there's a few teams looking for his skillset.

I want no part of Cammalleri. He's been awful the last few months and we are dealing with Burke.

Not that my two cents means much, but until NJD are mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs Lou would never sell at the deadline. I am a bigger fan of Zids than I was, but still wouldn't mind seeing him go, *cough* Salvador, to get Larsson back up.  Unfortunately, the market value for what NJ could afford to move probably isn't high. I am pretty sure that has been the general consensus around here for a while though. Tonight's game is probably going to play a huge role in any decisions.