Salvador officially named captain

SterioDesign

Barring a major surprise, veteran defenseman Bryce Salvador will be named the 10th captain in Devils history later this week.

There are other worthy candidates, but all indications are that the 36-year-old Salvador will have the “C” sewn on his jersey.

http://www.nj.com/de..._medium=twitter

i mean... if thats true...good for him and im sure he'd be a good captain but...? Cant wait to be able to get a jersey with a C on it but Langenbrunner, Parise made it pretty hard and now Salvador?... oh well....

Edited by SterioDesign

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing about if Salvador were to get the captaincy is that there's nothing wrong with Kovalchuk getting it in a few years when Sal retires. It wouldn't be mutually exclusive, not to mention I'm excited to see what Kovalchuk will have accomplished and matured into in 3-4 years time..

Edited by DJ Eco

Bsed on a bunch of quotes that i read through the years...I dont think that Elias dont like Kovy but i always get that feeling that he has a little "something" towards him.

On a diferent note... Eberle got the A in edmonton and hall and schultz will alternate theirs... Isnt that weird that schultz gets the A eventho he never even played a single game with the oilers? Actually... Never played a single NHL game...?

On a diferent note... Eberle got the A in edmonton and hall and schultz will alternate theirs... Isnt that weird that schultz gets the A eventho he never even played a single game with the oilers? Actually... Never played a single NHL game...?

You're thinking of the wrong Schultz. They gave the A to veteran d-man Nick Schultz, not rookie Justin Schultz.

Bsed on a bunch of quotes that i read through the years...I dont think that Elias dont like Kovy but i always get that feeling that he has a little "something" towards him.

Not snark, maybe its a Czech vs Russia situation. There's legit heat when teams (club or national teams) from those country play. They're natural rivals.

Edited by ghdi

Salvador is not a good enough player to wear the 'C'. The captain is more than rah rah pat your teammates on the back kind of guy. He has to prove himself by consistently being good on the ice. Sal shouldn't have got the ridiculous contract he got (years) and he should not get a 'C'. It should definitely go to someone who can carry this team and there is only one guy who can do that.

Can you imagine all those posters and ads in the playoffs... Salvador vs giroux... Salvador vs toews... Chara vs salvador... Brown vs salvador... Etc etc lol

Who cares? We don't give out the "C" for marketing purposes.

Sal is a definite lock over Kovy for Captain. He's got more playoff experience with the Blues and the Devils. And when it came time to step it up in the playoffs he delivered. He'll be a great leader.

Who cares? We don't give out the "C" for marketing purposes.

Sal is a definite lock over Kovy for Captain. He's got more playoff experience with the Blues and the Devils. And when it came time to step it up in the playoffs he delivered. He'll be a great leader.

I never said that i wouldnt give it to him because of that i just said it would be funny, calm down Romeo

Also didnt say kovy should necessarely have it over salvador

Salvador is not a good enough player to wear the 'C'. The captain is more than rah rah pat your teammates on the back kind of guy. He has to prove himself by consistently being good on the ice. Sal shouldn't have got the ridiculous contract he got (years) and he should not get a 'C'. It should definitely go to someone who can carry this team and there is only one guy who can do that.

The C is not a popularity contest and the C should not automatically go to the best player on the team points-wise.

The captain is the in-between with the refs and the coaching staff. Language barriers (Kovalchuk is not a native English speaker) do not help with this.

The captain has to be a leader on the ice and in the locker room. We don't see Salvador in the locker room but the coaches do--that should tell you something.

The captain has experience, leadership qualities, proven himself under stressful situations and is a team player. Salvador's career could have been over two years ago but he came back stronger and better than at any point in his career.

I laughed when Crosby was named captain of the Penguins at such a young age. If I was a 35 year old NHL veteran, I wouldn't have taken him seriously, even if he put up 200 points a season.

The C is not a popularity contest and the C should not automatically go to the best player on the team points-wise.

The captain is the in-between with the refs and the coaching staff. Language barriers (Kovalchuk is not a native English speaker) do not help with this.

The captain has to be a leader on the ice and in the locker room. We don't see Salvador in the locker room but the coaches do--that should tell you something.

The captain has experience, leadership qualities, proven himself under stressful situations and is a team player. Salvador's career could have been over two years ago but he came back stronger and better than at any point in his career.

I laughed when Crosby was named captain of the Penguins at such a young age. If I was a 35 year old NHL veteran, I wouldn't have taken him seriously, even if he put up 200 points a season.

The captain also can't suck!

• Like 1