Game Thread: Devils vs Senators

devilsrule33

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sens have fantastic depth but those players are still as good as the guys I named. It doesn't hurt them as much because they have such a solid group of players. Losing those guys for the Devils would kill us.

Millen doesn't do Sens games anymore. Didn't they fire his ass and bring in Gary Galley? I haven't earned Greg Millen doing a Sens game once this year.

Why would you WANT to hear Millen do a game? Take him...i cannot stand him during Canucks games..

That was a pretty entertaining game. Both teams played hard. Still though, I felt the Devils should've won in regulation. They were just a little better. Emery's big save on Gionta gave his team a chance to tie it late.

The OT was all Sens. Only Brodeur allowed the Devs to get to the shootout. The Pothier shot was close to going in but he held on.

The shootout was about as weird as it gets. It was hard to tell where the puck was on the Gomez shot. If Emery stops at the goal line, then you have a different ruling. Still, what an odd way to decide a game. Maybe the league needs to rethink this whole SO idea. You'd think they wouldn't need such a lengthy review to decide. It's not the first time either.

Anyway, the Devils had it all the way:

Despite being the highest-scoring team in the NHL, the Senators lost their sixth straight shootout. Ottawa shooters have gone 16 attempts without scoring.

"It's been a big struggle for us and it's frustrating," Alfredsson said. "Especially at home. You come back like we did and get the crowd into it and then can't win it for them. Maybe we've got to try some different shooters because we're not having success."

I've never noticed Pierre to be anti-Devils. You want anti-Devils, Steve Dryden (editor of "The Hockey News") said that Devils fans were "the lowest of the low class".

He needs to goto Philly and wear the opposing teams jersey then he'll know what low class really is.

The shiat those fans do and say. I know one cryer fan who dumped his beer on Tony Espo.

It's funny -- everyone goes back to that Gionta shot where Emery made the Hail Mary Propeller Legs save. I go back to the time where Grant Marshall was alone in the Sens zone with an EMPTY NET and some how managed to shoot the puck right into a Senator's 8 inch skate.

Now, that's accuracy. Put him on the top line.

That second goal wasn't the Devils' fault. What was was missing a number of chances to bury the Senators. Parise, Elias, Gionta (x3) all had great chances to put us up by 2 or 3 goals and put that game away. I guess you can't have everything.

Great win, bring on Buffalo and the last 10 games. I want Gomez to hit 30 goals and Gionta to hit 45.

Probably upset that we booed Stay-Puft Giguere when he won the Conn Smythe after our goalie had a shutout in game 7 and 3 total in the finals.

whatever..

That was part of it. Dryden (Steve, not Ken) said that the people in the stands are foul mouth drunkards and he would never, ever take his family to the games. He said that he would only ever go to New Jersey games again if his employer told him he absolutely HAD to go. From the stench of beer, the loud-mouth fans with no class, the idiotic "Rangers Suck!", to the boorish behaviour..... he said that CAA was the lowest of the low when it came to fan base and the fans in New Jersey didn't deserve such a good organization.

Edited by Don

I've noticed American media typed to be more Anti-Devil than Canadians.

Keith Jones is such a homer on OLN.

Surprisingly, the only guys who stick up for the Devs are Neil Smith and Brian Engblom. Smith pointed out how Forsberg tripped up Marty for the 1st flyer goal last week, and that asshat Jones responded with "gotta love the fire in him" or something like that.

And Engblom talks about Stevens and Marty's accomplishments frequently when they do the Eye-Openers thing.

HELL YES!!!! HUGE WIN FOR THE DEVILS!!!! Marty is now 5th all-time in career wins, and this was a HUGE one for him. But like Chico said, "They are not out of the wood's yet." Three way tie for 6th, and if the Devils go on a 3 game win steak or something like that, that would be HUGE. They would probably pull away from both Montreal and Tampa. Every game counts now.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!

I thought Marty is alone on the 4th place all time. Before this win he was tied with Jacques Plante