NHL 13 GM Connected League

njd3b1ink

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as wraparounds, i dont think a normal wraparound is cheap, but i do hate the thing people do where they do from behind the net and basically circle around the front across the crease and just shoot. It works really often.

Yeah, that's what I meant. A "real" wraparound" is fine, and hard to pull off. But those lame circle in front and tuck it in moves are lame.

Jwomp. Colorado will be on at 6 tonight just spoke to him. And disregard the messages he posts he tends to be a diva at times

Haha, OK, thanks for the update. I'll try to be on at 6 as well.

Jwomp. Colorado will be on at 6 tonight just spoke to him. And disregard the messages he posts he tends to be a diva at times

I'm still upset with him for rage quitting on me when I was up 4-2... and scored (5-2) with less than a minute to go.

He eventually played me again two days later... and I won 2-0... but still; I wasn't pleased giving him a 're-do' because he can't keep his emotions in check. Lose with dignity. At least it saved me from an injury (who knows how long Malhotra would have been out for)

JWomp is on all the time, he is on for short bursts... and complains JWomp isnt around? Seriously?

Also...do wraparound goals bother anyone else? Personally I think they're a little cheap and I try not to do them, but I've found that's not the case with others.

Personally, this has been the least enraging version of NHL so far... the goalie AI is getting better now that they have the ability to 'cheat' side to side... (on covering the net, not actual cheating). The goalie use to only focus on the possession player... making cheap passes to the open winger on a 2 on 1 was a goal each and every time.

Wrap arounds are always dirty goals... couple with behind the net chip shots. Both are fine as they aren't really exploiting goalie AI issues. You see them develop, and largely you can get players in there to break it up most times before it develops into a goal...

I don't think I'm cheating... but I do feel I get cheap goals... when I poke check an overly aggressive defender... and Kesler or one of the Sedins has a clean breakaway... they are so fast, that they get 2-3 strides ahead, you won't catch them. I go straight at the net, see if the opposing player is going to let the goalie AI run with it... or if they will take control. If it's the goalie AI, I'm going top shelf stick side... if its user controlled... Im breaking to one side, deke the opposite direction (or spin), and backhand it in... hopefully missing a sprawl or see them run the goalie the wrong way.

Please note... I'm a poke checking player... I avoid hitting largely... and most of my games are battling for puck possession into brekaways when one of us over commits.

Btw everyone im trying to make a couple moves before the schedule advances friday. I want either a mid 80s dman or a winger 82 or above. Preferably a fast player. Im willing to trade ANY of my picks including my first. If i were to trade my first it would have to be for a good player. Players im willing to trade are:

salvador

fayne

Moose

Sykora

gionta

Maybe zidlicky but it wud have to be for another dman

Seeing as I have been trying to contact them with no reply for 3 days. What do I do come Friday and no reply? Can I play again CPU?

Unfortunately no... the game will just be simulated. Your fortunes (and potential injuries) will be in the hands of the simulation.

Btw everyone im trying to make a couple moves before the schedule advances friday. I want either a mid 80s dman or a winger 82 or above. Preferably a fast player. Im willing to trade ANY of my picks including my first. If i were to trade my first it would have to be for a good player. Players im willing to trade are:

salvador

fayne

Moose

Sykora

gionta

Maybe zidlicky but it wud have to be for another dman

I know you're attached to the key Devs... but Henrique? Any interest if I include Edler?

Unfortunately no... the game will just be simulated. Your fortunes (and potential injuries) will be in the hands of the simulation.

I know you're attached to the key Devs... but Henrique? Any interest if I include Edler?

i cant do henrique. The devils have such a lack of forward depth in the game. I think i only have 5 forwards in the 80s. thats why im willing to trade a first rounder. I need to improve my depth first.

i cant do henrique. The devils have such a lack of forward depth in the game. I think i only have 5 forwards in the 80s. thats why im willing to trade a first rounder. I need to improve my depth first.

I'd be interested in Gionta...maybe we could do a minor 4th liner for 4th liner deal.

Edited by JWomp

Ok guys, schedule advances tomorrow at noon. Ill be on a bit throughout the day. Eventually im going to take a look at who is not playing. If anyone knows a player that isnt playing let me know and ill look into it. And as far as trades if your interested in any of those players or draft picks let me know. Jwomp we cud deff do something for gionta. I dont have a problem with that. Its just 4th liners are the least of my problems right now haha

Ok guys, schedule advances tomorrow at noon. Ill be on a bit throughout the day. Eventually im going to take a look at who is not playing. If anyone knows a player that isnt playing let me know and ill look into it. And as far as trades if your interested in any of those players or draft picks let me know. Jwomp we cud deff do something for gionta. I dont have a problem with that. Its just 4th liners are the least of my problems right now haha

Ray Whitney for Bernier plus a 3rd

Yeah, having games getting simmed is tough. I was online 5 nights this week for hours and still am gonna have 3 games get simmed. It's frustrating.