NFL Week 8....

CRASHER

If you knew nothing about the Cowboys' team but you watched them on TV, who could fault you if you thought Rob Ryan was the head coach? NBC always shows him, not what's his name.

I don't think Garrett would mind that this week (that people don't know his name) lol.

Nice of Romo to give me a farqquing garbage-time score at least, now I have a punchers' chance to hold onto my lead tomorrow if he doesn't turn it over one or two more times :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't think Garrett would mind that this week (that people don't know his name) lol.

Nice of Romo to give me a farqquing garbage-time score at least, now I have a punchers' chance tomorrow :P

Small victories! Hard to figure this Cowboys team. I know I've said that before in the last few years.

This week was a washout for me because I have McFadden and Forte, who are both on byes, in a 16-team league.

Small victories! Hard to figure this Cowboys team. I know I've said that before in the last few years.

This week was a washout for me because I have McFadden and Forte, who are both on byes, in a 16-team league.

Well another garbage-time score would have all but sewn it up for me but the Cowboys can't even get that right from the five-yard line :P Now I gotta rely on the Chargers to hold Breaston in check tomorrow.

I've never done a 16-team league until like last week when I took over a dead team on another board. It actually has some talent on it - Fred Jackson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White plus a Jet flavor with Sanchez (subbing for Peyton, who's on IR) and Shonn Greene. They play five defensive players too, which is definitely more extensive an IDP system than I've ever done. That team got 140 points this week with mostly wire pickups, since the main guys are either all hurt or on bye :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not to ruin this thread and throw fantasy into it, but pulled out another squeaker. Not that it should have ever come down to it, but Dez Bryant's garbage time catch gives me the point to beat Manta.

As for this week. Damn you Olindo Mare. How can you miss a 31-yarder. Shouldn't have come to that as a really bs holding call negated a 1st and goal from the 3. But damn. What a brutal loss.

Edited by devilsrule33

Beware the bye week NFL.

This season its screwing up your team's offensive chemistry and your defense's tackling. Latest victims are the Patriots who have played about as sloppy football as a team can possibly play.

I wish I could say that was the main reason the Pats lost, but it's not. The Patriots were exposed fully and throroughly as a fraud team yet again, and though they'll probably win the division and make the playoffs, they'll be a one-and-doner this year too. Unfortunately yesterday's loss was all-too-familiar.

Look at this game and you'll see that it played out EXACTLY like their recent playoff losses:

Defense can't make big stops? check

"High-powered" offense grounded without too much difficulty? check

Patriots outcoached badly on both sides of the ball? check

They're 5-2, so they're still in good shape record-wise, and in typical, recent bully fashion, the Pats will fatten up on the patsies they have on their sched, because that's what they do best...pummel the hapless teams and fatten up the numbers. That's not going to fool me one bit. I saw all I needed to see yesterday afternoon.

Here's a question that will make you run to the aspirin cabinet :P

Name me the best team in the AFC right NOW....go ahead....good luck!!!

I say it all depends on matchups. Pitt is a solid team, but the o-line is historically bad. They can't protect Big Ben at all, let alone give him 2 seconds to throw a pass. NE is a great matchup for them since they can't rush the passer at all.

CR76 said it best about the Pats. You need stops in the playoffs and this defense probably won't be able to get them. And the Pats offense can be stopped, as it has been the last two weeks. Sometimes you need a game-breaker like Moss to open things up. Not saying they are missing Randy Moss, but a player like him.

Edit: Steelers almost doubled the Pats time of possession yesterday. That has seemed to be the best weapon against this Pats offense and the best defense for any team. Just keep them off the field. Thinking of a game last season when Browns did that so well.

Edited by devilsrule33

I say it all depends on matchups. Pitt is a solid team, but the o-line is historically bad. They can't protect Big Ben at all, let alone give him 2 seconds to throw a pass. NE is a great matchup for them since they can't rush the passer at all.

CR76 said it best about the Pats. You need stops in the playoffs and this defense probably won't be able to get them. And the Pats offense can be stopped, as it has been the last two weeks. Sometimes you need a game-breaker like Moss to open things up. Not saying they are missing Randy Moss, but a player like him.

Edit: Steelers almost doubled the Pats time of possession yesterday. That has seemed to be the best weapon against this Pats offense and the best defense for any team. Just keep them off the field. Thinking of a game last season when Browns did that so well.

Brady did OK (just OK, though the numbers and the 101.4 passer rating would lead you to believe otherwise...this is why you can't read too much into QB stats and passer rating, as they can be misleading) with the limited time he had the ball, but the killer to me was the 3-and-out on their first possession in the second half. Pats really needed a score there.

They did the job when they had to in the Dallas game, so I won't kill the offense for that one, but it's like I said, I've seen this game before from the Patriots. It just seems like it's not that hard to beat the Patriots on both sides of the ball in these big games.

And the D is a trainwreck. Same thing as in every other game, except against the Jets, who for some reason were more concerned with "ground and pound" than exposing the Pats' weaknesses (They'll have wisened up for the next meeting.) Guys are open constantly. Steelers were completing 3rd-and-longs with ease. I look at Belichick and I think "Where the fvck is your gameplan? Do you even try to come up with one anymore?" They'll beat the weaklings, but would it surprise me if the John Becks and Matt Moores have career days against the Pat D? Not really.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

AHAHAHAHA CHARGERS.

CRASHER must have had Romo flashbacks watching that epic fail at the end of regulation :rofl:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy too, Bill Simmons once said of Rivers he's the kind of guy that must have grown up yelling at his butler.

Edited by NJDevs4978

CRASHER must have had Romo flashbacks watching that epic fail at the end of regulation :rofl:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy too, Bill Simmons once said of Rivers he's the kind of guy that must have grown up yelling at his butler.

Rivers' facial expressions on the sidelines are funny too; he looks like an angry 10 year old boy who didn't get his way. :lol:

That was maybe the worst played game all around I EVER saw.....turnovers, blown calls....blown calls on REPLAYS....Jesus, it's a bad sign when the people who screwed up the least all night were the crappy ESPN announcers :P

Kansas City should feel no joy about this victory....well maybe buy some lotto tickets ......

Rivers' facial expressions on the sidelines are funny too; he looks like an angry 10 year old boy who didn't get his way. :lol:

I'll take that over that moronic "AW SHUCKS YA GOT ME" look that Dumbo gets....least you know this guy WANTS to win

So a month after Romo played with a collapsed lung and cracked ribs he doesn't care just because he doesn't yell as much as Rivers?

He's been in the league how long? And he's always had that dopey aw shucks look on his face, ain't gonna wipe that out with a few weeks of playing hurt

(and to play the game the other way, Rivers played an AFC Title game with a torn ACL :P )

Man if only Manta was this wrong about Kovalchuk :lol:

I never said Kovalchuk sucked, I said his acquisition was bad for the franchise.

As far as Flacco. He has one week to turn it around. If he loses to the Steelers the doubts will snowball.

But again, our O-line needs to step it up too.

Edited by MantaRay

He's been in the league how long? And he's always had that dopey aw shucks look on his face, ain't gonna wipe that out with a few weeks of playing hurt

(and to play the game the other way, Rivers played an AFC Title game with a torn ACL :P )

Except that I never said Rivers doesn't care, just that he's a wanker and you can't judge guys wanting to win based on demeanor.

Statistics show that the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens have the top two defenses in the NFL.

Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin, however, is not so quick to put his team’s defensive unit in the same class as the Ravens.

In fact, he says it’s not even close.

“I am not ready to at least put us in the conversation with the Ravens’ defense,” Tomlin said on Tuesday. “We are not even close to doing what they are doing right now.”