Time is an Hour Ahead in Certain Forums

The time on all of the posts in the Hell, Purgatory, The Marketplace, and Hall of Fame forums is 1 hour ahead of the correct time. Also, at the bottom of the page, under the "Time is now" section, the time is an hour ahead there too. However, in certain forums, like Heaven, the time is perfectly correct. Is there a setting that I may have changed to cause this? It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering if there is something I can do from my end to remedy the problem.

Yeah, something's definitely up with the board's Daylight Savings Time detector. I can literally click on the banner to get to the front page multiple times and watch as the time flip-flops between 12 AM and 1 AM. I noticed it during the game, too, but I thought it stopped so I didn't think much of it. I'm going to turn the auto-DST off for now until we can figure out what's going on.

Edited by RowdyFan42

I had to go and edit the DST settings...it corrected my time however it never re-adjusted anything that had already been posted...there were 2 settings that needed to be addressed and it seems the 2nd one got overridden somehow.

btw 42...when you disable auto DST make sure to unclick that DST is not in effect. :) If you don't it won't correct the time...yours and correcting everything that has been posted.

Edited by StarDew

btw 42...when you disable auto DST make sure to unclick that DST is not in effect. :) If you don't it won't correct the time...yours and correcting everything that has been posted.

Good call, Dew. For some reason, disabling the board-wide option to automatically detect DST does not disable the checkbox in each individual profile. That is, the option itself no longer has any effect but the box itself remains checked and the "Is DST in effect?" box isn't available.

So if you're still having time issues, go into your profile and see how your time preferences are set up.

I'm not sure what the admins and tech support did on their end, but the problem seems to be fixed. As of now, the time is correct on all posts and in every forum. Do you suggest I recheck the automatically detect DST box, with DST coming into effect very soon? Or will that just cause things to screw up again?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: IPS, the makers of the board software, have released a patch to fix the DST auto-detection. I've applied said patch, made a slight tweak to the main NJDevs skin (the one that most everyone uses) because it was still having problems, and we're back in business. DST auto-detection has now been turned back on.

Update: IPS, the makers of the board software, have released a patch to fix the DST auto-detection. I've applied said patch, made a slight tweak to the main NJDevs skin (the one that most everyone uses) because it was still having problems, and we're back in business. DST auto-detection has now been turned back on.