GDT: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders

Colin226

These fvckers just don't have the drive and intensity that is required to win games. It's not there consistently. You see way too many periods of play where there is just nothing going on. ZERO.

Whether this is a coaching issue, players issue, combined issue, who the hell knows. Either way it's a major issue and it's only making things that much worse for this team.

Edited by Sickman

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't watch the game today at work but it still ruined my day. Man I feel like crap now. I was starting to get a little excited after the Caps game and we didn't deserve a win against Calgary but won anyway so here I was thinking that things might be turning around. But after reading this thread and seeing the score of the game I feel awful again. And it's not just the losses that are bothering me, it's the lack of effort by the players. Why do we care more than them?

i dont think today is all on Mac... if our players could have put the puck on net at time we could have win this easily then we'd be all cheering to have a 3 game streak... seriously

Yeah, ever hear of having your team PREPARED TO PLAY? Don't give me that sh!t that's its not on MacLean. It most CERTAINLY is on him, as well as the a$$hole, useless, f*ggot players.

hardass coach like burns would whip them into shape in no time, accountability is not there, there needs to be finger pointing, they are not children they need to know when they are playing like sh!t.

The last hardass coach this team had was Sutter - and you guys hate him for wanting to leave because he didn't like being an LL puppet.

What a fvckin embaressment. I don't get what the hell Lou is waiting for here. Yea the team isnt the greatest, but realistically whats the problem with firing Mac? .. we have nothing to lose at this point because after this game, we've seen it all.

Kovy is no longer Kovy. The team has to stop with the boardplay at start taking shots from the middle of the ice rather than outside the circles.

Fn terrible, I can't believe it.

Yeah, ever hear of having your team PREPARED TO PLAY? Don't give me that sh!t that's its not on MacLean. It most CERTAINLY is on him, as well as the a$$hole, useless, f*ggot players.

+1 sir

I am tired of hearing that "its not on Maclean" sh!t...its on the players yes but first of all its on the coach...if you can't get your players to play against a team that lost last 15 then you are out.

This guy is so fvcking static...no matter what happens or what is the score,he is still there with the same fvcking face that makes me want to hit on the TV.

fvcking do something...call a fvcking timeout or at least make some movement with your fvcking lips to makes is believe that you are coaching something out of this sh!t team.

Instead he stares at the fvcking scoreboard for the whole goddamn game.

AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!!

Kovalchuk not seen since his days with Atlanta.

Can this guy elevate his teammates? NO.

Can this guy score under pressure? NO.

Can this guy score game winning goals in regulation? NO.

Can this guy score regularly? NO.

Can this guy make lots of money without consequence? YUP!

I'm so tired of him. Can we trade him for a roll of tape or some skate guards?

AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!!

Kovalchuk not seen since his days with Atlanta.

Can this guy elevate his teammates? NO.

Can this guy score under pressure? NO.

Can this guy score game winning goals in regulation? NO.

Can this guy score regularly? NO.

Can this guy make lots of money without consequence? YUP!

I'm so tired of him. Can we trade him for a roll of tape or some skate guards?

It's absolutely ridiculous to pin this all on Ilya Kovalchuck. This team as a whole sucks! The Arnott line is the only decent line this team has and that's mostly because of the energy Teddenby is bringing to the team.

If they played one game without dumping it in and not chasing it.. I would faint.

Hire a new coach, learn a system that allows kovy-bust to shoot the puck rather than trying to pull triple deaks and pass the puck, and work a system around the god dam russian.

We fvcked ourselves with this deal, were doing horrible. Why not use the hot-shot and try to get em heated up.

Someone said it earlier,

1.Tends-Patty-Kovy should be the first line.

2.Rolston should be injured long term by someone on the team.

3.Go waiver shopping and swap players till something works.

4.Watch TSN and hire someone from there for coach.

lou is just as much part of the problem '7"

and devilinla should be happy - elias was awful tonight

Maybe but Lou ain't firing himself and as much as anyone may think Vanderbeek wants to mircromanage he ain't going to that level yet :P

This is the kind of game that does get coaches fired though, among other things. Just ask Larry, who got sh*tcanned shortly after we lost to an expansion Atlanta team (probably the last time Kovalchuk had a pulse).

No excuse for this, they were all pretty much dogs. I knew we were in for it when I heard Matt and Sherry on the radio saying TWO defensemen got caught upice in the first goal. That told me they weren't mentally into the game and there's no excuse for that in the precarious position the team's in right now.

and plenty of this should be pinned on Kovalchuk. this is his team at this point. he has 4 goals and is playing like he'd rather be anywhere else half the time.

his play has been putrid. he was awful the other day, but he won the game so he gets a sorta pass. it's amazing how he's lost almost all ability to find a shooting lane. he got one in the 3rd and I was amazed. that's how few and far between it's gotten.

and he kills any PP he's involved with dead. the Arnott unit had been going pretty well, so today Kovy plays with them and boom, that's the end of that.

and where's the talent, really. I'm waiting to see it. they have 2 or 3 players with a hockey IQ that isn't low double digits.

I wrote and deleted a long rant, and will simply say that this was one of the worst efforts I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through. The only thing that could have made that garbage worse was if it happened on home ice (at least i would have gotten home sooner). Tedenby and Hedberg are the only guys who appeared to have any interest in being at the game. I guess neither of them celebrate Thanksgiving.

I'm usually on an even keel, win or lose, because the season is long – some longer than others apparently – but I REALLY want to drill someone in the face with a rock right now.

Edited by moj8681

btw, regarding magnan playing - corrente was hurt - that's the only reason he was out there.

doesn't matter though - when magnan is the reason you're losing, then you're a pretty good team that had its one weak link exposed. on this team, anyone not named tedenby or volchenkov has been the weak link lately.

Kovy hasnt been doing anything other than killing his own team's cycles by standing at the point waiting for the puck to come to him. Someones gotta yell at him to start moving around off the puck.

Zajac is not a no 1 center. Itd be n ice to have one on our team.

and plenty of this should be pinned on Kovalchuk. this is his team at this point. he has 4 goals and is playing like he'd rather be anywhere else half the time.

his play has been putrid. he was awful the other day, but he won the game so he gets a sorta pass. it's amazing how he's lost almost all ability to find a shooting lane. he got one in the 3rd and I was amazed. that's how few and far between it's gotten.

and he kills any PP he's involved with dead. the Arnott unit had been going pretty well, so today Kovy plays with them and boom, that's the end of that.

and where's the talent, really. I'm waiting to see it. they have 2 or 3 players with a hockey IQ that isn't low double digits.

Kovalchuk has been here damn near a full year and has done exactly jack sh!t. Jack. And sh!t. Everyone keeps saying "Well, he's too good. He's gonna wake up eventually, he's just too good not to. He's just trying too hard". I ask you- WHEN?! In 10 months he's been borderline invisible. At this point, I can only utter two words (and Met fans will know what I'm talking about): Roberto. Alomar.

Edited by MadDog2020

btw, regarding magnan playing - corrente was hurt - that's the only reason he was out there.

doesn't matter though - when magnan is the reason you're losing, then you're a pretty good team that had its one weak link exposed. on this team, anyone not named tedenby or volchenkov has been the weak link lately.

The thing with Magnan playing, at least for me, is that he is a constant reminder of how damn awful this team and season has been so far. When you're basically in December and this kid is playing a regular shift for you, it just makes you realize what a total sh!t show this season has become.

I just love the post game quotes from the players and Mac. Give me a break. Bunch of fvcking jokers. It's the same old song and dance that we have seen and heard all season. "Not enough energy...We have to stick with it..."I skipped on the 3rd period but knew exactly what happened. They didn't score but they turned up the heat for 20 minutes and out shot the other team by a wide margin by taking low percentage shots. Now where the hell have I seen that before? They're so predictable that it's actually sad at this point.

This team basically drove their season off of a cliff today. 59 games to go blah blah blah. They bring a sh!t effort to the ice far too often and then proceed to do nothing about it except talk. That's all they do. They would be great on the message boards.

The thing with Magnan playing, at least for me, is that he is a constant reminder of how damn awful this team and season has been so far. When you're basically in December and this kid is playing a regular shift for you, it just makes you realize what a total sh!t show this season has become.

I just love the post game quotes from the players and Mac. Give me a break. Bunch of fvcking jokers. It's the same old song and dance that we have seen and heard all season. "Not enough energy...We have to stick with it..."I skipped on the 3rd period but knew exactly what happened. They didn't score but they turned up the heat for 20 minutes and out shot the other team by a wide margin by taking low percentage shots. Now where the hell have I seen that before? They're so predictable that it's actually sad at this point.

This team basically drove their season off of a cliff today. 59 games to go blah blah blah. They bring a sh!t effort to the ice far too often and then proceed to do nothing about it except talk. That's all they do. They would be great on the message boards.

Give the Islanders credit, though. :rofl: