GDT: New Jersey Gionta @ Montreal Gionta

Coorslight

That's cute. And by the way that makes way too much sense, but we are seeing one of Janssen and Barch all year like last season with Janssen/Boulton. And if we are lucky, we might even get both of them in the lineup together for double the fake fights. There is a reason Lou signed Barch to a two-year deal after how awful the Peters/Boulton multi-year deals went. That reason is unknown to us. These guys are playing sadly. End of story.

Sadly I agree, I just wanted to throw out my utopian view. At least when it comes time for Lou to buy out his annual enforcer that he signed to a 2 year deal, he can use an amnesty buyout on Barch so they won't carry the cap hit. Then he can go and sign another enforcer to a 2 year deal.

No way. I want a rout of Boston. Marty posts a shutout and we tag Rask for at least 5. Also, unrelated,when do we see Moose? Not until a back to back?

They pretty much toyed with us last year, I would love a win but I am not nearly as optimistic as you. I would want Moose in this game though.

I don't give us much chance against Boston especially if we come out like we did tonight.

playing like tonight we couldnt even win a peewee game. God was it ever awful

who the fvck gave that perfect passe tape to tape to Bourque for a breakaway ? that was the worst of the game, thank god he didnt score

really glad i didnt make a 10 hrs trip to montreal and got a super expensive ticket... if i would have went through all that trouble and that they would have gave that performance in front of me live... i would have never forgive them hahaha

Edited by SterioDesign

im absolutely not all doom and gloom right now. But after tonight watching how slow our D was and how we struggle to get offence or anything. It's still early but we simply CANT afford to keep 8 dmen and sit 2 each game. Especially not 2 with way fresher legs than anyone else on D.

It's simple one loss in OT im not panicking but we need to address a few problem and fast. A bad streak this year and its over.

What a weak call. Oh well, happy to get the point.

It seems like DeBoer just forgot everything that worked last year. Our top 9... :doh1:

Maybe he just doesn't have the players in the Top 9 w/o poni, Henrique and that other guy. I'm sure he didn't forget. And when you've got dead weight like Tedenby and an 18 year old switching off on the first line, there's only so much he can do

Maybe he just doesn't have the players in the Top 9 w/o poni, Henrique and that other guy. I'm sure he didn't forget. And when you've got dead weight like Tedenby and an 18 year old switching off on the first line, there's only so much he can do

Yeah, I know. It has more to do with LL and the roster PDBs been given. At this point I'd rather see Zalewski, Darche (sign him darnit) and Harrold dress as forwards than The Goon, Tedenby and Matteau (when he's sent down).

im absolutely not all doom and gloom right now. But after tonight watching how slow our D was and how we struggle to get offence or anything. It's still early but we simply CANT afford to keep 8 dmen and sit 2 each game. Especially not 2 with way fresher legs than anyone else on D.

It's simple one loss in OT im not panicking but we need to address a few problem and fast. A bad streak this year and its over.

I really hope Lou trades a d-man for a top 6 or even 9 forward for two reasons. 1) They need the help desperately up front. 2) Larsson should be playing regularly and the team could really use his excellent vision, especially with his ability to make the long pass out of the zone to start a rush.

God, and Sykora is still unsigned by anyone. Can't the Rangers sign him to stop us from possibly doing so?

I know Sykora was garbage by the end of last year and they were better off without him in the playoffs but I still maintain its not that crazy to think he could provide 15-20 solid games out of the 44 remaining. I doubt it will cost that much and when he tires down again they can go back to scratching him, hopefully having made another move by then. He did have a few decent scoring streaks last year: 2 games 3 times, 3 games 3 times, and 4 games 2 times. Can it be that much worse than Tedenby?