Leafs announcers killing the Devils

officerfarva

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be interesting if this were reversed and one of the Devils were injured. I'm sure the river of excuses would be flowing from up north. If they were disgusting enough to defend Domi, something like this, which was a clean hit, albeit a tad late would be absolutely nothing to them. Too bad it happened to a guy who plays for "the center of the hockey universe". Hopefully he'll be back in time for the playo--oh wait, nevermind.

now im really really really fvcking pissed... look at the post by a friggin leafs fan over at HF

"if janssen doesnt get a good 5+ games for that.. peace out elias, i hope you like eating from a straw"

i cant believe i just read that.... go ahead and defend your team... but eating from a straw? that requires permanent brain damage... wow... someone just took it WAAAAYYY too far

Edited by njdevil26

Right! I know!

Do the Leafs even have any stars anymore? Can we even make that threat about one of their players? All we'd have to do is breathe on them and they'd probably break their skulls on the ice. They're all divers.

What a disgusting joke of a team.

The more and more I watch this hit; the less I think how bad it is. This is a complete overreaction for a few reasons.

It was Cam Janssen. He has a nice history with the Leafs including a few charging penalties and many fights with Tucker. He hit Kaberle who every Leafs player and fan thinks is the greatest defenseman of all time. The position Kaberle was in. Kaberle is turning awkwardly and it looks like he used an elbow and everyone is calling it an elbow, which it is not. Finally, The result.

It was not that late. The truth was it was about over a second and no longer the than Stevens' hit on Kariya, which was determined to be clean because it was Scott Stevens and not some 4th line energy guy.

Cam is now known as the dirtiest player in the game, which is totally unfair. The Canadian media is all over him and it is sad to see. This is not suspension worthy. Kaberle had his head down and was admiring his pass. This was no different than any Cam hit this year besides that Kaberle was caught watching his pass. We have seen so much worse this year including Ovechkin hitting Briere into the boards.

Edited by devilsrule33

The problem is that Toronto's got a serious inferiority complex. The team, the media there, their fans...everybody's just disappointed with what's been going on the last few years. The anguish of losing has gotten to them, so now they only have 1 choice: blame others. Its pretty sad that the Maple Leafs organization can't come to terms with the sh!t team they put out there every night. Actually, let me rephrase that; on paper, the team is fine, they just suck on ice. Meanwhile, Cam Janssen, doing his job like a man and just the way he should be doing it, is now considered a terrorist. Sad stuff, ain't it?

And what's up with Darcy Tucker? :rant: Tryin' to act like a tough guy, he really thinks he's gonna intimidate Cam Janssen of all ppl? Next time their both on the ice, $100 bucks that Tucker's gonna piss himself. He's already proved himself a chicken with Grant Marshall, what's he gonna do now? Act a weasel? DARCY TUCKER = DoUCHEBAG.

I think I found a worse board actually. If you go to thescoreboards.com there is a pretty big thread about it. I only read the last page but I'm sure it's more of the same. Though I did somebody say that if Tucker was on the ice he would have drilled the helmet into Janssens face again which I didn't understand as Janssen kind of handed it to him.

Read this biased AP Story

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/6524196

Associated Press

Posted: 9 hours ago

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Tomas Kaberle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after being blind-sided by a late hit by New Jersey tough guy Cam Janssen in the second period Friday night.

Kaberle was hit in the head by Janssen about 2 or 3 seconds after he made a pass in his own end of the ice. The Toronto player then fell to the ice and hit his head against the side boards at the Continental Airlines Arena.

Kaberle lay on the ice for a couple of minutes before he sat up. A neck brace was attached and then he was placed on a stretcher and wheeled off the ice.

There was no immediate word on his condition.

Referees Kelly Sutherland and Brad Watson didn't call a penalty

Haha this thread made me laugh. I love have Kain71 thinks Cam will be going back to the NHL. Pshhh puh-lease.

&& I also wanna note that the next time Tucker meets up with Cam...Tucker will most likely have his ass kicked.

Edited by XxLancerHockeyPridexX

The Leafs players are all over Janssen after the hit. O'Neill called him a meathead and that he took a run at the best defenseman in the NHL.

This doesn't look good for Janssen. This is against Toronto and this is Canada. This won't go unnoticed by anyone in the league.

Thanks for your insight. Anyone who's not eleven years old want to talk abou the hit? Not sure what you mean about the helmat thing. I saw some joke about that on the Maple Leafs forums. Regardless, like Janssen, tucker isn't really a fighter. Thats what we've got Belak and Ondrus for. Neither were dressed tonight.
Edited by StarDew

Hey Toronto fan, boy is this calling the kettle black eh? Toronto has been the most dirtiest team in the NHL for years and you come here and think Janssens hit was dirty? Don't think so. It was a clean hit but I do think the hit might have been a little late.

Domi and Tucker are two of the most dirtiest players in the NHL and was glad to see Domi f*cking retire! The hit Domi did on Niedermayer was dirty all the way and intentional. Janssen is not a dirty player.

Edited by SatansDevils

Hey Toronto fan, boy is this calling the kettle black eh? Toronto has been the most dirtiest team in the NHL for years and you come here and think Janssens hit was dirty? Don't think so. It was a clean hit but I do think the hit might have been a little late.

Domi and Tucker are two of the most dirtiest players in the NHL and was glad to see Domi f*cking retire! The hit Domi did on Niedermayer was dirty all the way and intentional. Janssen is not a dirty player.

Why do you all drudge up the past? Nobody ever said that Domi's hit wasnt dirty. It was one of the ugliest moments in NHL history if you ask me. At least I'm not so blind, I can see fault in things players I'm a fan of do.

Why do you all drudge up the past? Nobody ever said that Domi's hit wasnt dirty. It was one of the ugliest moments in NHL history if you ask me. At least I'm not so blind, I can see fault in things players I'm a fan of do.
Edited by SatansDevils