GDT New Jersey Devils at Capitals 7PM MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Bad period for the Devils. They need to do a better job staying out of the box. Fortunately, they are only down 1. Henrique's work on the Elias goal was magnificent.

Bad game for Tallinder but I refuse to get on a guy that is trying to get back into form after being benched for a lengthy amount of time through no fault of his own. No wonder his game is off. How quickly people forget that Tallinder was NJ's best defenseman last year before he got injured as well as the prior year.

Play Tallinder, Fayne, Sit Volchenkov or Zidlicky.

well, this could be a lot worse.  but we've missed some opportunities too.  

This game is getting exciting though, when you step back and look at it.  The end of that period had so much energy. 

Get up and play boys, take one lets gooooo!!

LGD!!!!

:beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:

Bad period for the Devils. They need to do a better job staying out of the box. Fortunately, they are only down 1. Henrique's work on the Elias goal was magnificent.

Bad game for Tallinder but I refuse to get on a guy that is trying to get back into form after being benched for a lengthy amount of time through no fault of his own. No wonder his game is off. How quickly people forget that Tallinder was NJ's best defenseman last year before he got injured as well as the prior year.

Play Tallinder, Fayne, Sit Volchenkov or Zidlicky.

I'm not getting on Tallinder, I'm getting on the Devils for being too cavalier with these early-season points.  They want to treat this as preseason but it's really not.  Stop getting too cute and let's get serious here, we may be in first now but we're only five points up on a playoff spot.

On a side note. I feel really dumb asking, but what game is featured in the "Drop the Puck" commercial?

You can hear, "Henrique scores!! Its over!!" I want to assume its the rangers playoff game last year... 

... and I say that because my reaction was pretty much the same as every one of those guys

Tallinder was not at 'any' point the Devils' best defenseman other than maybe the second half with Lemaire.  He's been pretty star-crossed for most of his tenure here though, and our record without him last year was much better than our record with him.

First off I don't think using W-L records really tells all that much about what a player has done to help or hurt a team. Plus using anything this is year is with a small sample size. I also disagree that he wasn't at any point the Devils best d-man when you look over the seasons as a whole.  You can make a really respectable case that he was in fact the most valuable guy when he was healthy. I'm going to make a separate post on Tallinder because it bothers me the way he has been treated this year and I don't want it to get lost in this thread.

On a side note. I feel really dumb asking, but what game is featured in the "Drop the Puck" commercial?

You can hear, "Henrique scores!! Its over!!" I want to assume its the rangers playoff game last year...

... and I say that because my reaction was pretty much the same as every one of those guys

I heard it but the shaky video made it hard for me to put it all together. I just wanted to be 100% sure.

First off I don't think using W-L records really tells all that much about what a player has done to help or hurt a team. Plus using anything this is year is with a small sample size. I also disagree that he wasn't at any point the Devils best d-man when you look over the seasons as a whole.  You can make a really respectable case that he was in fact the most valuable guy when he was healthy. I'm going to make a separate post on Tallinder because it bothers me the way he has been treated this year and I don't want it to get lost in this thread.

Lemme guess, CORSI?  People really need to stop being a slave to made-up numbers, at least inasmuch where it totally overrules what you see.

Lemme guess, CORSI?  People really need to stop being a slave to made-up numbers, at least inasmuch where it totally overrules what you see.

You can stick to your W-L numbers that don't tell you anything about a player if you want to be closed minded. As I said before I use stats like Corsi to balance what I see. My perception of Tallinder's Devils career is that he is a very good defenseman and the numbers will back that up. I'm not a slave to anything.