2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Ugh, all over North Jersey, Rangers fans coming out of the woodwork like termites. :yucky:

You knew it would happen... It happens when any team has playoff success. They were probably jumping out of the woodwork two years ago too, but the Devils were also there so people were jumping on our bandwagon as well.

Ugh, all over North Jersey, Rangers fans coming out of the woodwork like termites. :yucky:

Yup,  I just got done playing hockey, so I wasn't watching the game, (my team was also playing short a few ppl because my Ranger Fan teammates wanted to watch the game), instead of checking the score I checked Facebook.  I figured if it was quiet, the Rangers lost, and if they won, well as expected.  "LGR"  "That's why they call him the KING"  "GO RANGERS" "8 DOWN 8 TO GO"....etc, etc....from people that I never thought were even hockey or Ranger fans...all live in Jersey.

It must be said, at 3-1 the Rags fans crawled into their holes very quickly.

There is no way they can now get by either Boston/Montreal AND THEN Anaheim/Hawks/LA

Especially the western powers. Anaheim would beat the bejesus out of NYR and the Rags would be lucky to score at all against LA.

Edited by '7'

It must be said, at 3-1 the Rags fans crawled into their holes very quickly.

Francesa said yesterday that at 3-1, they couldn't even get a call about the Rangers. Not one. But now that they won, all the frauds are out. Typical.

Francesa said yesterday that at 3-1, they couldn't even get a call about the Rangers. Not one. But now that they won, all the frauds are out. Typical.

take solace in the fact that no team in NHL history has won two back to back 7 game series and gone on to win the next series after that. When you win like the Rags you empty the tank. And they still have to win two more series.

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

take solace in the fact that no team in NHL history has won two back to back 7 game series and gone on to win the next series after that. When you win like the Rags you empty the tank. And they still have to win two more series.

Honestly these Rag fans are almost cup level giddy now. You'd think this was like before game 5 in 1994 when they were planning the parade route and booking up reception halls all across the tri state area. Lundqvist is suddenly the king again for winning a 2nd round series.

I would think the reason for their extra-obnoxious giddiness is coming back from 3-1- they had never done that before. I'm sure they'll raise a banner and retire Brad Richards' number for it too lmao. Hopefully Boston/Montreal takes care of business and it won't mean jack sh!t in two weeks.

I would think the reason for their extra-obnoxious giddiness is coming back from 3-1- they had never done that before. I'm sure they'll raise a banner and retire Brad Richards' number for it too lmao. Hopefully Boston/Montreal takes care of business and it won't mean jack sh!t in two weeks.

Actually, they probably will be hanging a Metropolitan Divison Playoff Champs banner

I don't think they can do banners given the wildcard sillyness. It would be a little weird to win the division you don't actually belong too.

Never know with the NHL though lol and actually over in the MLS back in 2008 the NY Red Bulls were the western conference champions because of the wild card.

I'll be avoiding Dick's and Modell's like the plague the next couple of weeks. You just know they're stocking up on extra Rangers gear as we speak.

Get your WE CAME BACK FROM 3-1 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OUR 275 YEAR HISTORY METROPOLITAN DIVISION 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF CHAMPS T-SHIRTS AND REPLICA BANNERS HERE BRAH!!!

The La Cage aux sports bar and grill in quebec release a printed ads saying

SPECIAL OFFER FOR ALL BOSTON FANS

50% more expensive on everything in the restaurant

lol

Lmfao. If I owned a restaurant, I'd run a special for Rangers fans- order anything on the menu, and the spit comes at no extra charge.

Lmfao. If I owned a restaurant, I'd run a special for Rangers fans- order anything on the menu, and the spit comes at no extra charge.

lol there's a cheap pizza place here in Moncton... they posted some kind of ads on their facebook page saying that Bruins fans we're classless and that Habs fans would get a special every game the team would win or something similar.

i posted a long ass comment saying that i was a Bruins fan having regular getting pizzas for meeting with clients 3-4 times a week and was a regular bringing in lots of business and also for myself and that i'd never go there again and would spread the word about how disrespectful they we're to generalizing bruins fans etc etc... and went on and on and got like 20+ likes on my comment LOL i was obviously bullsh!tting him but they inboxed me and everything to apologize offering me coupons and all LOL

As long as Boston or Montreal don't kill each other, they should be able to beat the Rags. I expected the Rags to beat the Flyers. I expected the Rags to beat the Pens. I DON'T expect the Rags to beat the Bruins or Habs.

Edited by Mike Brown