Marijuana

TrentonDevils

pot.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which category do you fall under

• No, I dont use it. Arrest the potheads.
    • I don't use it but I think it should be decriminalized
    • I smoke pot, but it should not be legalized.
    • I smoke pot and it should be legalized.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to smoke every day- I was what you would definately call a pothead. I quit as an every day smoker a couple of years ago, but I will still toke up from time to time with my friends if it's offered. It should absolutely be legal. I've argued for years that if alcohol and cigarettes (which I also smoke) can be legal, than I have no idea why pot can't be. Alcohol is is 20 times more harmful than weed. Cigarettes are probaly 50 times more harmful. Just look at the statistics. How many people die cigarette and alcohol related deaths every year? How many people do you know ever died because they smoked too much weed? 'Nuff said.

i used to smoke it alot, stopped and now every once in awhile i dabble in it..but there is no reason why it should be illegal...but then again there really isnt a reason why it should be legal ...sigh i dont know. :noclue:

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

I've never used it...never will either, but what anyone else does is fine by me as long as it doesn't affect me. As far as it being legal...more good would come out of it being cultivated and harvested by legitimate US farmers and then sold much like cigarettes which are insanely taxed than harm in my opinion..

Ya, it's in plain English, I don't know if I can really help you understand it any more than it's written. It was in response to the post above it saying there was no reason for it to be illegal but also no reason for it to be legal so I was explaining that anything without a reason to be illegal should be legal. That there doesn't need to be a reason for something to be legal, it only needs a lack of reason to be illegal.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm

Explains why marijuana is illegal. If you read the article, the reason's for the illegalization of marijuana are incredibly stupid. It also gives you insight into just how incompotent/rediculous our system of government can be.

As others have said in this thread, pot is much less harmful than cigerettes (pot will only cuase lung cancer if you smoke it, it wont, however, if you eat it) and alcohol, hell its even less harmful than Mc-Donalds cheesburgers.

Aside from the erroneous "harmful" effects arguement , most people will also use the "if pots legal, people will be stoned all the time and unproductive" arguement. Which doesnt make sense either. Is it the case that everyone goes to work smashed from drinking 2 bottles of whisky everyday, since the legalization of alcohol? No

Edited by TrentonDevils

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm

Explains why marijuana is illegal. If you read the article, the reason's for the illegalization of marijuana are incredibly stupid. It also gives you insight into just how incompotent/rediculous our system of government can be.

As others have said in this thread, pot is much less harmful than cigerettes (pot will only cuase lung cancer if you smoke it, it wont, however, if you eat it) and alcohol, hell its even less harmful than Mc-Donalds cheesburgers.

Aside from the erroneous "harmful" effects arguement , most people will also use the "if pots legal, people will be stoned all the time and unproductive" arguement. Which doesnt make sense either. Is it the case that everyone goes to work smashed from drinking 2 bottles of whisky everyday, since the legalization of alcohol? No

good post.

I think the real reason its illegal is because there really is no way for the government to tax or regulate it because its so easy to grow. And you can grow enough for personal use on your deck or in your back yard very easily. Youre not gonna grow an entire crop of tobacco, and pot is one of the easiest plants to grow.

Ha. after reading my own post, I realized I may have forgotten to mention...

its really easy to grow

I used to smoke pot almost every day for a couple years, stopped, and then started a few years back after a friend recommended I try it for pain. I don't use it anymore and haven't for nearly two years, but I do like the idea of medicinal marijuana. Having it legalized outright? I dunno. I could go either way, I suppose.