Which ex-Devil, right or wrong, do you just flat out miss?

Sharifijanov2099

Really? We miss Gionta? I recall his constant shooting to the goalie's chest protector being a constant source of annoyance around here.

Retired: Obvious

Current: GOMEZ

That's right I miss Scott Gomez, I miss his skating with the puck through the neutral zone and his passing. He was a great Devil, deal with it.

I second Gomez...as hard as it is to say; his skill set would be very nice to add to this roster.

I don't think there's anyway he follows up last year's totals with similar output; he's still too young and too talented to fall off the map.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? We miss Gionta? I recall his constant shooting to the goalie's chest protector being a constant source of annoyance around here.

Retired: Obvious

Current: GOMEZ

That's right I miss Scott Gomez, I miss his skating with the puck through the neutral zone and his passing. He was a great Devil, deal with it.

Whats Gomers current situation? Last I heard, there were rumors of him being sent down to the minors if the Habs couldnt unload him on someone else. :noclue:

My guess is the Canadiens are trying to convince one of these teams:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

That 3 years of scott gomez at a 7.3 million cap hit (and roughly 5 million salary a year) is a smart move for them. But I don't see it happening after the year he had last year. I think the Canadiens are stuck with him.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Obviously Mogilny and Lemiuex

I won't ever forgive Bruce Driver for signing with the Rags...but he was a very steady, underappreciated defenseman for a long time. Blocked shots, played physical, decent offensive punch. Just a winning player top to bottom.

I would have to say in my shorter time as a devils fan. I think it's really just a bunch of those guys from 03. Lol. I was 13 and I remember following the team like crazy. I really kind of had a soft spot for Friesen and Langenbrunner. Also kind of liked Cory Schwab. That whole 03 team I remember thinking was awesome. But those guys for some reason I just kind of remember. Also after his last season definitely Holik.

I had thought I missed the Holik who wanted to be a Devil ... But he had nothing to offer on his return.

You just can't miss people. What's done is done. What you get the second time round is anyone's guess. Things just happen at their own time. I miss Zachary Parise, Marty Brodeur, Tallinder. I miss the guys I'm going to see soon enough luckily. I just can't think any other way about it for some reason. Fun to read about though!

Thinking about Gomez - he'd suck here now. He doesn't want to be here. I'd love to miss him but he's not the guy I miss. That guy was a character I made up inmy head :):noclue:

Zach. Yep iPhone autocorrect. I hate that!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Not to take the humor away -- but I hope players realize Avery would be too cowed to even TRY his antics. And more importantly he'd never get. Stupid breakaway. Stevens time would hardly be waited on the ice with the scrub fora other thing. But whoever WAS on icewould know where to be to keep the little shut in check. Plus Avery would be too busy drooling over Scotty to play even. <_<

Wtf. I hate iPhones. Seriously. Feck editing this sh!te

Edited by Pepperkorn