GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS 7:00PM

eaglejelly

What an amazing night. Was at friends house with other people watching the game... Man, what's more bittersweet than beating the Rangers?

Its shuting out the Montreal Canadiens! :P

maybe its the back-2-back playoff series talking but there is nothing better than just beating the snot out of the Toronto Maple Leafs if I can't choose the scum across the river.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, I'm sorry I missed this one. Guess I will have to wait to see some highlights. (and it's not like I'm doing anything fun like going out to a bar/getting drinks/hanging out with friends. Sinus infections + work = fun times! I know wah waaaah :P)

maybe its the back-2-back playoff series talking but there is nothing better than just beating the snot out of the Toronto Maple Leafs if I can't choose the scum across the river.

Oh... I live near Montreal, so... Its so niceeeeeeeeeee..... We have been beating them for 9consecutives times(2complete seasons+1victory here.) Marty is from Montreal(Saint-L

Re: Asham - I thought so too. I'd have him sit and put Rupp in the lineup. Asham hasn't been fighting or playing particularly well of late.

Re: Mottau - Let's not go nuts. If this team makes the playoffs, I won't be comfortable with him taking a shift. I think he's best against a team like the Habs, and the way the Devils' forwards are playing defense lately covers up his deficiencies, but I'm not convinced he is an NHL-level defenseman. I remember the board liking Ray Giroux too.

And it was Zubrus's best game of the year.

Why do I always agree with everything you say?

I'm so glad we got a win. I was sitting in section 1 with 6 other dudes...including one of my best friends, who is getting married next week. This was the pre-pre-bachelor party, tomorrow there is a pre-party, and tomorrow night is the party.

Great way to kick it all off.

and I believe it's 8 straight against the habs.

Edited by Cowutopia

Besides the obvious Parise and Brodeur playing awesome games tonight, I wanted to point out that Rachunek played real well tonight along with Clarkson...

It's becoming pretty damn hard for opposing players to knock Clarkson off the puck. He was also absolutely FLYING at times tonight. I couldn't stop smiling watching this game tonight as this team is really impressing the hell out of me.

ODE TO THE PERFECT DEVILS GAME

A full 60 minute Devils effort...

A Zach Parise, career-first hat trick...

A Brodeur Shutout against Montreal...

A 6th consecutive win...

No glaring defensive mistakes...

A solid effort by Zubrus, Clarkson, and even Rachunek...

Chico taking down a hot dog in one bite!!!!!!

Man this team looks so different from 10 games back...I hope they can keep it up.

Hey Price....wonderkid....take a look down the ice at what a real immortal looks like, I hope you enjoyed the clinic,...better luck next time!!

:evil::evil::evil:

Wow...what a game, in all facets: shutting down the #1 PP, watching Zach take another step toward stardom and Brodeur toward all-time greatness...a loud building, not far from capacity...just a blast all-around. I went with three friends (it was their first game at the Rock...my seventh), and all three, who rarely went to games at the CAA, can't wait to come back, and were talking about how soon can we get tickets again, who wants to go, etc. More fans in the building is always a beautiful thing.

And a four minute 5-on-3?! I can't remember ever having seen that. I once saw a 7-minute power play...I forget who was involved, but the opposing player was given five for fighting and two for instigating, and since he basically jumped the Devils' player (who never really had a chance to fight back), no penalty was called on the Devils. I talked to Chico after the game, and he couldn't remember ever having witnessed a 4-minute 5-on-3 either. Just a great great night.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Actually I thought the Devils were lucky to get out of the 1st period without giving up at least one goal. Marty played his *ss off while the skaters moved the puck like they had no idea where their teammates were. The second period started out almost as badly, with a bit better defense. It wasn't until they scored the pp goal that they showed any kind of cohesion on offense. The ppg was very pretty to see. After that they settled down. I would have split the first point between Marty and Zach, but I won't argue with the kid getting props.

I can't remember a five-on-three for four minutes either, that's something you see about as often as a Pando hat trick (neither of which I'd ever seen before this season).

This was also a night where the 15,000 at the arena actually looked like 15,000. Good crowd although of course on Friday nights you usually get even more loons in the cheap seats with either vulgar or non-sensical chants, like the clown in my section who was chanting about Koivu's cancer. And another one saying something about Forsberg's spleen, as if he had anything to do with last night's game anyway. That nonsense doesn't bother me cause I tend to expect it by now from a few bad apples (especially on Friday nights) but I don't get why anyone would chant crap like that.

Back to happier topics...Marty is still Montreal's daddy :evil: Or maybe like 2MA we should rename it to Martreal till further notice. Oduya looked great cause he played ten minutes. Mottau on the other hand...I'm not going to get nuts about him either BUT there's a reason Sutter's still giving him over 20+ minutes of icetime with all our regulars in the lineup. He's been one of the most underappreciated Devils this year, hell even I probably made a crack or two about him after that ice-related gaffe against the Isles. But overall his contributions have been far and beyond what anyone could have expected from him.

I agree on Zubrus too, he's come along pretty well. 15 points in 25 games isn't terrible considering the start he got off to but he took off once he broke his goalscoring drought. He's on pace for about 50 points, hopefully he gets that up to 55-60 by season's end.

Edited by Hasan4978

Yea that was funnnn...just a few thoughts.

Please get a real goal horn and get rid of zombie nation. I like hearing it four times a night, but we need something we can rock to. My vote is still Raise Your Hands by Jovi. Great crowd tonight, now imagine if behind the nets were cheaper on lower level....

That was just...awesome

Yea that was funnnn...just a few thoughts.

Please get a real goal horn and get rid of zombie nation. I like hearing it four times a night, but we need something we can rock to. My vote is still Raise Your Hands by Jovi. Great crowd tonight, now imagine if behind the nets were cheaper on lower level....

That was just...awesome

Agree on the goal horn and the song (I hate Bon Jovi though...but let's face it, there will never be a song that appeals to everyone)...I really miss the old horn. But they could play Adam Sandler farting and Zippity-Doo-Dah if I'm going to hear it four times a game.

Mottau on the other hand...I'm not going to get nuts about him either BUT there's a reason Sutter's still giving him over 20+ minutes of icetime with all our regulars in the lineup

He is starting to look much more comfortable with the puck on the PP which is a good thing. When he was first getting PP time I felt like he was worried about screwing up but now he is just feeling it and going with his instincts. Made a nice play on the PP last night where the puck was sent around the back of the boards and all the forwards were in the corner opposite of the puck and he diagnosed where the MTL players were and skated into the corner to get the puck. Good heads up play that I don't think he would have made earlier in the year.

While I'm praising dmen...Oduya made a really heads up play with under 2 minutes in the game. Normally defenseman sit back very passively for fear of being beaten but Oduya saw a loose puck at around the red line, and even though all 10 skaters were in the neutral zone, Oduya stepped up and knocked the puck back into the MTL zone. Robinson and the guys on the bench were giving him lots of props when he came off for making that play instead of just sitting back.