GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Clarkarounds

RangersSuck23

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wathcing an interview with Clarkson shown earlier today on NHL Newtork -- maybe taken from a TSN feed, I don't know -- about his team's game versus the Devils tonight. He paid respect to DeBoer and Lou and mentioned how it was weird having to tell his teammates that he accepted the offer from the Leafs this off-season. He mentioned Langenbrunner, White, Madden and Brodeur. It made me think, Gee-zus, did that guy have no friends on last year's team aside from Marty?

Maybe it wasn't just about the money -- although I'm sure that was the largest factor. Maybe the guy also had little personal connection to his most recent Devils teammates.

I wonder that about Parise too.

Edited by 95Crash

NJ            4-7-4

Toronto   10-5-0

these are the stats I'm worried about

Having a league best 1055 PDO vs. a 27th ranked 971 PDO (all situations) has a lot to do with those records. If those possession trends continue and Schneider plays like the goalie he can be, I would expect the Devils to have the better record by the end of the year without a doubt. I doubt the Leafs continue to shoot 12.0% as a team and their goalies continue to put up a 93.5% SV%. Devils SV% certainly won't stay at 89.4%.

Having a league best 1055 PDO vs. a 27th ranked 971 PDO (all situations) has a lot to do with those records. If those possession trends continue and Schneider plays like the goalie he can be, I would expect the Devils to have the better record by the end of the year without a doubt. I doubt the Leafs continue to shoot 12.0% as a team and their goalies continue to put up a 93.5% SV%. Devils SV% certainly won't stay at 89.4%.

With all due respect, that's the same stuff we were reading about BOTH the Devils and the Leafs last year too.

With all due respect, that's the same stuff we were reading about BOTH the Devils and the Leafs last year too.

I get it. I hate hearing the term "puck luck" as much as anyone around here. But the Devils were really unlucky last year and I think if it was a full 82 game season, their luck would've evened out. I haven't looked into it, but last year felt historically unlucky. The lockout helped create a perfect storm of destruction for the Devils.

In regards to this season, the goaltending has been bad and they have one of the lower shooting percentages. Over 82 games I expect both of those to regress in a good way towards the mean for the Devils.