GDT: ECF Game 2 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

ZeroGravityFat

Devils win a weird one to pull even with the Rangers in Eastern Conference final

The door was stuck. Unbelievable. Despite the stuff that always happens in the din and dim of Madison Square Garden, the World's Most Famous Arena for profane fans and bad lighting, this was weird.
Not that Tortorella would talk about it. "No" was all the caustic, condescending coach would say when asked if he would talk about his decision. It was another short, silly news conference. Apparently he feels everyone is accountable but him.

I guess this guy is not a ranger fan

If NJ keeps pressuring the NYR the way they have in the first two games, the Rangers will really show the effects of playing 14 games in the first two rounds, as well as the effects of taking all those pucks to the body.

oh well. sens and caps fans were happy after game 2, so not worried. They'll split the next two, and the Rangers will take 5 and 6.

According to your logic (by using the last round as a basis), there's as much a chance of a split as there is a chance that the Devils win the next 3 games straight?

Is Zidlicky the best trade deadline (or there abouts) pickup in devs history? We've had some big ones, but zidlicky has been absolutely huge.

From an offensive perspective, certainly. He's taken a little of the pressure off Kovy on the left point/half wall. However, defensively he's a liability. He chokes up the puck at the blue line a good amount of times per game, not to mention that he can't clear the puck (unless he takes a delay of game penalty...lol) out of the zone.

Better than Foster or Harrold though, I'll give you that.

oh well. sens and caps fans were happy after game 2, so not worried. They'll split the next two, and the Rangers will take 5 and 6.

And Flyers fans were estatic after game 1 of our last series and said exactly the same thing after we beat them in game 2. We all know how that turned out.

Great effort for most of the game last night from the Devils. Every game in this series is going to be a nail biter. As Kovy said in his postgame interview, hopefully Clarkson gets 7 more GWG's this playoffs. Can't wait for Saturday.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

According to your logic (by using the last round as a basis), there's as much a chance of a split as there is a chance that the Devils win the next 3 games straight?

Matteau clearly doesn't think the Devils can win the series, which is fine...I'm sure other Ranger fans feel the same. Letting us know that over and over again on a Devils website will either blow up in his face or give him serious bragging rights when this series ends. It's not my thing to go on opposing teams' websites to tell them my team is going to beat theirs, or to beat my chest if that happens, but to each their own.

predicting the Rangers to win two straight in these playoffs is a pretty bold prediction, especially with how they're playing.

Oh, and here's last night's Fenwick and Corsi - I knew you'd be interested: http://www.timeonice.com/shots1112.php?gamenumber=30312

Edited by Triumph

Aww that's cute, Triumph. See, now because I am sooooo Tech-savy, I was able to change the game number to look at game 1 and low and behold, the Devils numbers were better in that game as well. Well, the numbers were better in all but one major category. I know, I know, it is a long-term study blah, blah, blah. I also think it is cute that you bother including the goaltenders, their fenwick and corsi rating really is a true measure of how well they play. Brodeur wasn't good last night because of all the saves he made, he was good because he was on ice for more "shots towards the opponent's net than towards his own". BTW, how many shots attempted, on goal, wide,and blocked, did Brodeur and Lundqvist have last night?

Staal's goal, does that count as a shot wide and a shot on goal, or do you give Staal a shot wide and the shot on goal is given to the end boards?

Aww that's cute, Triumph. See, now because I am sooooo Tech-savy, I was able to change the game number to look at game 1 and low and behold, the Devils numbers were better in that game as well. Well, the numbers were better in all but one major category. I know, I know, it is a long-term study blah, blah, blah. I also think it is cute that you bother including the goaltenders, their fenwick and corsi rating really is a true measure of how well they play. Brodeur wasn't good last night because of all the saves he made, he was good because he was on ice for more "shots towards the opponent's net than towards his own". BTW, how many shots attempted, on goal, wide,and blocked, did Brodeur and Lundqvist have last night?

Staal's goal, does that count as a shot wide and a shot on goal, or do you give Staal a shot wide and the shot on goal is given to the end boards?

Lets go Devils....thanks for the link tri

Edited by justdo3043