Got a car today

MissionHockey

Congrats Mission.. i love the the TL... my friend has one and i had one as a loaner for a few days when the beamer was in the shop.... ood luck with it...

Be safe

PS... my mom may be selling her beetle... if you are looking for a used one :)

My dad bought an RX-8 and gives me his old car until he needs it (family stuff). Its an Acura TL and its basicly loaded. Its waaaaaaaay more than I deserve so I feel almost guilty for having it, but its much more freedom than I've ever had. I can't wait till summer  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great Mission, but just be careful and don't back down to peer pressure and go racing.

Take it easy because we want to talk to you about hockey in a year from now :D

Awesome.  Congrats!  Wish I was so lucky when I was 17!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that!

My first car was a 1984 Cutlass Supreme, that car wasa TANK, I loved that car!!!

Funny Devils-related story about that car:

When I started interning with the Devils in 1996, my first day on the job there was on Martin Luther King Day at 9am. So Im driving up the NJ Turnpike to the CAA, and Im in the fast lane around Exit 13....and all of the sudden I could not get the car over 65MPH, so then I slow down to about 55...Im hitting the gas and it wont get over 55! Im thinking to myself "Oh $H!T"

So it progressivly got worse, then I had to get out of the fast lane. I was able to get over to the 3rd lane and eventually i pulled over and the car stopped right around by Newark Airport. Part of the car was out on the lane so cars began to slow down. Also bear in mind it was about 15 degrees at this time as well.

I had a feeling it was the transmission that blew, and my feeling were right, but at the time I was deciding what I was gonna do, I figured let me get out of the car and check the engine just in case. So I did, did not see any smoke or anything else wrong, and I did not bring my jacket (I was in a suit). I said "Damn its freezing out here!", so I went back to the car. And I locked the keys in my car!!!!!

So after 45 of the longest minutes I can remember, a cop finally showed up and made a call to get a tow truck to tow my car. So at the time I had no cell phone, so I called my boss at the Devils (at time time I worked under Dr. McMullen's son) and I told him the story. He told me he heard there was dealys by the airport, I told him that was his new intern that casued those delays!! :lol:

Anyway, missionhockey enjoy the car!!!!

Oooh! You're lucky! When I first got my license my parents gave me the 98 Camaro Z28 and it was hot, but then they thought about it and bought me a Saturn. I love my Saturn in all,b ut it ain't a Camaro!!!

Oh well! I'd hate to have to drive in the snow and ice in that thing though ;)

Maybeeeee when I graduate and pay off my loans (oh in 20 years) I can buy myself a new car :lol: