New NHL 14 trailer

roomtemp

Looks neat, but for $60?  Tweaked the hitting and skating engines from last year, re-visited fights, and added some multiple choice questions to BaP.

I mean, I'll pay it, because I'm a moronic sucker and do so every year, but you gotta wonder if it's actually worth it.

We know we're paying for a slightly updated version of last year's game and have been for 20 years. No secret there. The next real big thing is going to be when they finish implementing the physics based stuff and the game is run totally based on that.

Looks neat, but for $60?  Tweaked the hitting and skating engines from last year, re-visited fights, and added some multiple choice questions to BaP.

I mean, I'll pay it, because I'm a moronic sucker and do so every year, but you gotta wonder if it's actually worth it.

For the amount of use i get out of it, I think it's easily worth 60 bucks. I mean, we all pay 30 or more to see a live game

I usually skip at least a year with these games for that exact reason, so my last one is NHL '12.  However, I think I'll either buy this year's game or ask for it for my birthday (which is in October).

I usually skip at least a year with these games for that exact reason, so my last one is NHL '12.  However, I think I'll either buy this year's game or ask for it for my birthday (which is in October).

Every other year is what I do too. This is a year i will break that practice with Marty being on the cover. This will be the only game case that won't end up gaining dust or being used for other things..Might even look cool in a frame.

Every other year is what I do too. This is a year i will break that practice with Marty being on the cover. This will be the only game case that won't end up gaining dust or being used for other things..Might even look cool in a frame.

This is probably the way to go as no quality video game can be put together in under a year. That's why they do small updates at a time. I just can't help myself and I have every game since NHL 95, minus the lockout year.

This is probably the way to go as no quality video game can be put together in under a year. That's why they do small updates at a time. I just can't help myself and I have every game since NHL 95, minus the lockout year.

The biggest changes happen cause of roster movement. I take the time to make the all Devils roster changes and a few of the other biggest moves for a season mode, but do not change all of the other rosters (have a tad of a life). I don't think the NHL franchise has it, but MLB The Show has GREAT user made downloadable rosters including all of the minor league players that the developers never made. They end up being miles better than the rosters that the game puts out.

Edited by Steadevils

The biggest changes happen cause of roster movement. I take the time to make the all Devils roster changes and a few of the other biggest moves for a season mode, but do not change all of the other rosters (have a tad of a life). I don't think the NHL franchise has it, but MLB The Show has GREAT user made downloadable rosters including all of the minor league players that the developers never made. They end up being miles better than the rosters that the game puts out.

They used to allow downloadable rosters, but something to do with making sure the PS trophies weren't gained via non-standard methods, made it impossible. Don't ask me how, I don't understand, but I read it on the internets, so it's 100% fact.

I try to adjust the Devils roster to perfection as well. I will do all the NHL rosters correctly, but only to the point where at least everybody on the team, is on the damn team. I don't mess with everybody's minor leaguers and prospects; it would take days.

I wish they allowed downloadable rosters because it would be so much easier. Imagine how fast we could perfect every roster in the game if we all just took one team to look at? It would take hours instead of days.

I actually find it more fun to have all the rosters as accurate a possible (yes, I have the time due to 2 kids and my wife working nights). I actually played along with the devils 2 seasons ago and even used the correct line combos and startin goaltenders for the games. Made it pretty fun actually.

I actually find it more fun to have all the rosters as accurate a possible (yes, I have the time due to 2 kids and my wife working nights). I actually played along with the devils 2 seasons ago and even used the correct line combos and startin goaltenders for the games. Made it pretty fun actually.

It starts out fun, but to go through hundreds of players and alter their stats to where they actually resemble the player's skill is EXTREMELY tedious. It takes me a couple hours just to get the Devils roster done. That's why I usually just make them accurate in the sense that the roster contains the correct regulars as starters, even if it's not 100% perfect on a game to game basis. So long as the players there are "regulars", it's good enough to me. Otherwise, it's literally days worth of work to get through each team, it's minor league players they may call up and all their prospects in the AHL and CHL.