NFL Week 2!

CRASHER

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball -

This sounds like a good synopsis of the Dolphins over the past 12 years. Just substitute Young's name with Shula's, and Strahan and Barber with Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Edited by Jerrydevil

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Nah, we're not gonna fire him after only one season. It's not like he inherited the Colts here. But I haven't been too impressed with Cameron thus far. Granted the offense has very little talent to work with, but some of his play-calling has been suspect. When we actually ran the ball with some effctiveness yesterday, he immediately got away from it and put the ball back in Green's hands (which proved disasterous). There was a sequence when Ronnie Brown started to get rolling a bit, as we started attacking the middle of the Dallas d-line, who was missing Jason Ferguson. Ronnie breaks off a few good gains in a row, and then he calls a freaking reverse that we lose yardage on. Stupid. It makes me worry if this will continue to be a problem, because he pulled the same thing with San Diego last year when he had LT and started abandoning the run against New England. Predictably, the Chargers lost. Not to mention his clock management in the Washington game left me and the rest of Dolphin Nation scratching our heads.

I'm not expecting anything different against the Jets, but I will be going to the game this week if any of you Jet fans want to meet up for a brew or something and we can talk some Devils hockey. I bought a parking pass from a ticket site online so I don't have to deal with the bullsh!t of parking 8 miles away from the stadium.

Edited by MadDog2020

All isn't lost in Fin Nation... (I am a cowboys fan first and foremost, but my best friend roots for the Dolphins, and we hang out probably every Sunday, so I've gotten pretty used to watching the Fins games). Anyway... if the Fins lose to the Jets next weekend, i think the absolutely best thing Cam Cameron could do is start, who i think is going to be a top-notch qb, JOHN BECK. This guy looks great, i watched plenty of film from him (again courtesy of my FinFanFriend). Come on FinFans.. maybe this season will be lost with a loss next week.. but getting Beck some of what matters most for a young QB, GAME EXPERIENCE. Just think, if the Cowboys never gave Romo a chance.. maybe this week would have been a lot different.
Edited by MadDog2020

Problem is most Dolphin fans don't live in South Florida and trying to sell out that stadium is tough. The Dolphins don't sell out unless the Jets, Patriots, or a "national" team such as Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Green Bay at in town. The Giants job is definately the better job between franchise tradition, off-field business opportunities, the franchise QB already in place in Eli (the lone bright spot of Big Blue's season so far), the new stadium, and the ego boost of being the head coach of the cornerstone franchise of the NFL.

It starts at the top with Wayne Huizenga. He has cultivated a culture of losing. It's been a disaster ever since he pushed Shula out the door. I have been calling for him to sell the team for years, and I will continue to unitl we win a SB, he dies, or he actually does all a favor and sells- whichever comes first. The man knows NOTHING about football or how to run a football team.

It starts at the top with Wayne Huizenga. He has cultivated a culture of losing. It's been a disaster ever since he pushed Shula out the door. I have been calling for him to sell the team for years, and I will continue to unitl we win a SB, he dies, or he actually does all a favor and sells- whichever comes first. The man knows NOTHING about football or how to run a football team.

Yet they have how many super bowl rings? Face it, football didn't become an every house every person sport untill the late 60's early 70's... when we watch highlights of the best teams to ever take the feild we see teams from that era and modern day, including my Dallas cowboys. When yo think of a Dynasty you think of Emmit Smith, michael Irvin, and Troy Aikman, you think of Tom Brady Bill Billechek and Adam veneiteri, but you don't see or hear, unless you are talking to a Giants fan, higlights or scores from games in 1956.. you can cherish your victories from where a helmet was made out of leather, but football as we all know it didn't come along untll well after that, so if you want to talk about the past we can talk about the past, but that has no place for a discussion about a more valuable and ownable, for complete lack of a different word, football fracnchise now a days...

Don't get me wrong, i think owning the Giants would be more beneficial than owning the Dolphins (YEAHH MATSUI!! SEE YA!!!) ...sorry... where was i? Oh yeah, the G-Men would be a better team to own, basically because of the fact that they are a New York team, (even when they play in New Jersey, but don't get me started on that), and because the New York Media can do wonderful things to a manager and/or owner, as well as rip him apart. Also the fact that they and the Jets do have a new stadium coming helps...

What my message sounded like was a disagreement, and I'm sorry it did, because i agreed with your post, but it just got me a little off beat when you called the Giants the "cornerstone" of the NFL.

Ill tell you what, the Redskins look a LOT better this year now that they have a decent QB who will only get better, that allows them to better utilize their talented WR corps. They also have 2 very good RB's, a very underrated TE in Cooley, and a very underrated defense with good, young talent such as LaRon Landry. Fletcher so far has shown to be a very nice addition to their defense.

I guess Gibbs can still coach

Edited by LOTCB