2013 NJDevs Fantasy Hockey

redruM

Can somebody clarify the maximum number of games played element for me please? Can you use players on your bench mid game? I don't understand how you could go over the amount of games (48) for a position e.g C

It's a daily lineup. You obviously can't switch someone out midgame but with more than two C's on your roster you could easily go over game limits if you play everyone all the time. Say, you play your two starters and they each play every game, then you start putting in your bench guys as well when they have games and your starters don't and boom you go way over and hit your limit too soon.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one spot left...hockey fans, if nothing else are resilient. Once we get one more, and ayl signs up I'll announce the draft order (Yahoo does a snaking draft, so if you get the last pick of the first round, you get the first pick of the second round for example - so you'd be picking at #20 and #21).

You can pick any spot you want, actually...you'd be the first to defer the #1 pick ever though :lol:

At 19 now thanks to putting this in the main forum. If we get one more to completely fill it, registration's closed at that point. If we don't get one more, we can play with 19 in a roto league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You can pick any spot you want, actually...you'd be the first to defer the #1 pick ever though :lol:

At 19 now thanks to putting this in the main forum. If we get one more to completely fill it, registration's closed at that point. If we don't get one more, we can play with 19 in a roto league.

I'm more worried about the 2nd/3rd rounds.... than having to decide between Stamoks, Malkin, Crosby, etc.

Plus, you seemingly struck out last year with that. Ovie (down year), EStaal (down until you traded him to me), and Jeff Carter looking like Ryan Carter. :P

Since we ave 20 teams can we get the draft order out early???

No prob, I wanted as many teams as possible to beat up Redrum ;)

After last years 3rd place finish, and hopefrully some lessons leaqrned in the draft I'm primed for a run at my 2nd crown!!

plus getting PIM out of the equation will help me, that was a stat i never did very well with...

Very well, I just did my 'drawing' (writing the other nineteen teams' names on paper, shuffling them with face down and then throwing them in random order before turning them over). Without any further ado, here's the draft order:

1. Storm Josh

2. New Jersey Angels

3. Kovalnuts

4. the beavers

5. Sworn Defenders

6. DevilSwimminw/Sharks

7. Dynamo Nation

8. Zidlicky My Balls

9. VOODOO

10. NickNJD

11. Pineys

12. Onddeck

13. jacob glass josefson

14. The GHDI Cru

15. Devil Dan 56

16. Mad Hatters

17. Have Another Donut

18. New Jersey Swamps (I better win the league again cause I always draw the short straw with my own draft order :P Though at least I get my two picks fairly close to each other)

19. steveo28584

That's the order for every odd round including round one. Round 2 inverses so the team picking 19th picks first in the 2nd round (back-to-back), I pick second and so on. There's eighteen total rounds to the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978

19. New Jersey Swamps (I better win the league again cause I always draw the short straw with my own draft order :P Though at least I get my two picks fairly close to each other)

Hopefully you're not phone drafting (or whatever happened last year in the 2nd/3rd rounds)...

and since I'm hoping... I hope I find another elite goaltender in the 3rd round swing :) not likely.

It was really my fault for the most part, I had some anti-virus program running when I was on a non high-speed computer and couldn't get into the draft room 'at all' in the 2nd/3rd rounds. The 4th/5th was when I had my phone fiasco and drafted Hiller and some ECHL guy when I was trying to pick Marty. Even when I finally stopped the program though I still flashed in and out later in the draft anyway.

None of that this year, and I have a high-speed now to boot. So long as we don't have any hurricanes/power outages, I'm set. Although picking 19 isn't ideal for autodrafting if I 'was' forced to, at least I was able to get Ovechkin at #1 last year, for what lack of good that did me. Plus there are few sure things this year, so maybe going back of the pack is better.

Edited by NJDevs4978

This will be my first fantasy hockey team, so any tips/advice would be great.

Thanks

If this is your first time ever... this is a good format to start in (and I feel is superior anyway).

You are drafting a 2 line line team... which includes 2 starting RW, C, LW.... 4 Dmen, and 1 starting goalie. And a utility player. for 48 games each.

If you have the most goals... you get 20pts... the least? 1pt

If you have the best save percentage... you get 20... worst, 1pt etc

If there are no injuries, it's logical to start your best players and monitor from there. But injuries, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc happen. So you need to adjust your team as needed. Some like to jump ahead early by frontloading their games played... but in the end, you only get 48 games for each position.

Centers are common, but high scoring centers who win faceoffs are something you should keep an eye on. So is +/-. Is it better to have a 20-20-40pt -10 guy as a utility player, or a 15-17-32pt +5 on your roster? It depends. Do you need the goals/assists/points... or do you need to keep your +/- up?

Goalies are a key to your season. They get a lot of stats for your team, and your fortunes often ride with them. Three main strategies...

1- Draft an elite goalie early (1st/2nd).

2- Drafted two mid tier goalies and play the hot hand

3- Go for broke with your sleeper goalie and hope it works out

Don't undervalue dmen... you'll find similar scoring lines from fowards on waivers once you clear the elite dmen... but you can't play them on D.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged. I came in 2nd 2 years ago, 1st last year... but I've also been in the cellar in years past. You live, you learn... and its fantasy hockey. Always fun.

Thank you for the help :)

If this is your first time ever... this is a good format to start in (and I feel is superior anyway).

You are drafting a 2 line line team... which includes 2 starting RW, C, LW.... 4 Dmen, and 1 starting goalie. And a utility player. for 48 games each.

If you have the most goals... you get 20pts... the least? 1pt

If you have the best save percentage... you get 20... worst, 1pt etc

If there are no injuries, it's logical to start your best players and monitor from there. But injuries, cold streaks, hot streaks, etc happen. So you need to adjust your team as needed. Some like to jump ahead early by frontloading their games played... but in the end, you only get 48 games for each position.

Centers are common, but high scoring centers who win faceoffs are something you should keep an eye on. So is +/-. Is it better to have a 20-20-40pt -10 guy as a utility player, or a 15-17-32pt +5 on your roster? It depends. Do you need the goals/assists/points... or do you need to keep your +/- up?

Goalies are a key to your season. They get a lot of stats for your team, and your fortunes often ride with them. Three main strategies...

1- Draft an elite goalie early (1st/2nd).

2- Drafted two mid tier goalies and play the hot hand

3- Go for broke with your sleeper goalie and hope it works out

Don't undervalue dmen... you'll find similar scoring lines from fowards on waivers once you clear the elite dmen... but you can't play them on D.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged. I came in 2nd 2 years ago, 1st last year... but I've also been in the cellar in years past. You live, you learn... and its fantasy hockey. Always fun.

Another thing to remember is that lineups are daily, lineup spots don't lock until a player's game starts. So if you have two guys with a 7 PM game playing the same position, you can literally switch them in and out until 6:59 (though you have to go by Yahoo time and not your own watch lol).

Never mind, found the team name. I'll just boot you. No sense trying to find another team now that there's barely 24 hours before the draft, we'll just go with 19...I don't feel like trying to recruit someone, making sure they get in AND having to re-do the draft order the last minute :rant:

Draft order is now adjusted...everyone from 8-20 moves up a spot.

Edited by NJDevs4978