Top 10 Most Hated Professional Athletes

Donato2327

Not to defend the PTI guys, because they do grate on me sometimes, but Wilbon has repeatedly criticized Crosby. If I can remember correctly, his point that all the talk about Crosby being the best in the World was due to North American bias, and that Ovechkin and Malkin were both better than Crosby. I also remember them criticizing him for his hat trick comments.

Now For My List:

1.) Ulf Samuelson

2.) Sean Avery

3.) Mark Messier

4.) Al Trautwig

5.) A-Rod

6.) Sidney Crosby

7.) Linda Cohn

8.) Terrel Owens

9.) Bill Belichick

10.) Drew Rosenhaus

NJTommo44. I have to say, when I saw this:

7.) Linda Cohn

I laughed so hard I shot a rum and coke out of nose. Appreciate it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud Selig (not sure if I'm deviating from the poll parameters) - everytime I see his face I want to punch the TV

Great call. This guy's entire life is an epic fail. Can we please bring Kenesaw Mountain Landis back to life?

Peyton Manning - can't win the big game, smug, calls out O-lineman at every turn - gutless ... and annoying.

Wow, I thought only Pats fans hated him (wait, are you a Pats fan?). The guy was a Super Bowl MVP, but can't win the big game? He's one of the most self-deprecating celebrities out there, but he's smug? Don't see it myself, but to each his own.

Sidney Crosby - I fell down again, I don't like Alex O because he ate my Cheerios ... dove again...awesome

:lol:

He's a cocky pompus jackass on a sub-500 team. It'd be like if after Stasny scored he made fun of marty's then-patented fist pump.

Ok...come at a team that has a 56 million payroll. Who do you like the Yanks or Mets who have 100+ million dollar payrolls.....get real

Ok...come at a team that has a 56 million payroll. Who do you like the Yanks or Mets who have 100+ million dollar payrolls.....get real

Payrolls don't equal wins. Just ask the Rangers, circa late-'90s, early-'00s.

Also, Baltimore's payroll is $67M. The defending AL champion Rays' payroll is $63M. And the Yanks actually have a $200M+ payroll. Again, payroll doesn't equal wins.

Payroll.

Payrolls don't equal wins. Just ask the Rangers, circa late-'90s, early-'00s.

Also, Baltimore's payroll is $67M. The defending AL champion Rays' payroll is $63M. And the Yanks actually have a $200M+ payroll. Again, payroll doesn't equal wins.

Payroll.

You can't compare hockey with baseball in terms of payroll. In baseball, chemistry is much less of an issue than it is in hockey. I'm sorry but when you have A-Rod, Texiera, Jeter, Burnett, Damon, Joba, Mariano, CC, Pettitte, Cano, and Swisher it isn't really a fair game. The O's have one solid pitcher in Jeremy Guthrie. They have good bats in Markakis, Adam Jones, Huff, and Roberts, but its a little hard to compete when half of the division are allstars

Edited by Elias FTW

You can't compare hockey with baseball in terms of payroll. In baseball, chemistry is much less of an issue than it is in hockey. I'm sorry but when you have A-Rod, Texiera, Jeter, Burnett, Damon, Joba, Mariano, CC, Pettitte, Cano, and Swisher it isn't really a fair game. The O's have one solid pitcher in Jeremy Guthrie. They have good bats in Markakis, Adam Jones, Huff, and Roberts, but its a little hard to compete when half of the division are allstars

And yet the Rays won the division and the league last year. With a payroll lower than Baltimore's. The whole, "But that team is nothing but All-Stars," argument goes right out the window when you look as far back in baseball history as last year.

And to get back on track, a dude being cocky is a dude being cocky. His team's payroll shouldn't be a factor in whether it's acceptable or not.

And yet the Rays won the division and the league last year. With a payroll lower than Baltimore's. The whole, "But that team is nothing but All-Stars," argument goes right out the window when you look as far back in baseball history as last year.

And to get back on track, a dude being cocky is a dude being cocky. His team's payroll shouldn't be a factor in whether it's acceptable or not.

That is because of the young talent they had. You think Longoria is gonna want more money once his current contract is up? What about Kazmir, Sonnanstine, Garza? Crawford? They will not be able to afford some of these players and a team like the Yankees or Red Sox will probably scoop them up. Look at the 03 Marlins. Does Josh Beckett sound familiar? A great young pitcher now on a team with a high payroll.

Huff may be cocky, but that can be said about alot of athletes. The fact that someone on this board was alluding to the fact that he played on a sub .500 team is rediculous

That is because of the young talent they had. You think Longoria is gonna want more money once his current contract is up? What about Kazmir, Sonnanstine, Garza? Crawford? They will not be able to afford some of these players and a team like the Yankees or Red Sox will probably scoop them up. Look at the 03 Marlins. Does Josh Beckett sound familiar? A great young pitcher now on a team with a high payroll.

Huff may be cocky, but that can be said about alot of athletes. The fact that someone on this board was alluding to the fact that he played on a sub .500 team is rediculous

What are we even arguing? M3 said that Huff was a pompous jackass on a sub-500 team. Which is true. For some reason you offered up the Orioles' payroll, or lack thereof, as an excuse for acting like a prick. Or as an excuse for why the Orioles were below .500. To be honest, I'm not sure what you were getting at since neither makes any sense. Now we're talking about the Marlins, who made a regular habit out of winning it all and having firesales immediately afterward?

I apologize for taking up bandwith by participating in an interwebs argument. If you'll excuse me, I'll go do something that kills fewer brain cells, like drinking paint thinner.

1. Sean Avery

2. A-Roid (...yes, I'm a Yankees fan)

3. Brett Favre (...yes, I'm a Jets fan)

4. Mark Cuban

5. Jerry Jones

6. Santino Marella

7. Tiger Woods

8. Glen Sather

9. Bob Goodenow

10. Isaiah Thomas

1. Every player on the German national soccer team, because they're cheaters and German

2. Every player on the Portuguese national soccer team, because they're cheaters and dirty

3. Sean Avery

4. Floyd Landis (the most obvious cheater in Tour de France history)

5. Martina Hingis

6. Alex Rodriguez

7. Samuel Eto'o (so much frustration towards his former club Real Madrid, it's pathetic)

8. Sidney Crosby (you're so good, but just stop crying already)

9. Rafael Nadal (for not letting Roger Federer win Roland Garros)

10. Grady Sizemore (because he's doing really sh!t for a 1st round pick in my fantasy baseball team)

Graves? I mean, I know he was a Ranger, but why him?

1997 much ???

not to mention his AWFUL Bay Ridge Honda commercial they used to show when I lived in Staten Island :ph34r:

I don't hate any baseball player, simply because I don't know who any of them are, same applies to the NBA.

The only person missing from all lists: Drew Rosenhaus. The guy is a used car salesmen, who cons not so bright NFL players and then watches them crash and burn for his own profit. If his talent isn't literally shooting themselves they are whining, pouting or getting arrested.

I am not sure why teams will even talk to him over his "players".

1)Christiano Ronaldo- W**ker

2)Michael Schumacher- Arrogant, boring and a cheat.

3)Sidney Crosby - WAHHHWAHHHH WAHHHHH

4)Rob/Carol Niedermayer- Rob for being born, Carol for having him, and both of them for convincing Scott it was a good idea to move to california.

5)Henrick Lundqvist- You know why !!!!

6)Steven Gerrard- Overated, arrogant and from Liverpool

7)Diego Simeone/Maradona/Argentina in general-Cost us a world cup IMO

8)Barcelona FC- "the gods of football wanted us to win" F**K YOU

9)Partick Roy- Again you know why!

10)Sean Avery- still waiting for someone to smash his face in.

Graves? I mean, I know he was a Ranger, but why him?

No. 10 is like a revolving door. I could've just as easily picked Brian Leetch or Mike Richter. But Adam Graves came to mind first, probably thanks to that overhyped retirement ceremony the team had for him. It was all over the media that week. Even The Record, Tom Gulitti's NJ newspaper, gave it bigger coverage than I remember it doing for Stevens' or Daneyko's ceremonies. ... And, yes, I know he's a great guy.

2. Lebron James - How about he actually win something before being considered great.

I think this is entirely unfair. Was Jordan considered great before winning a championship? I would say so. Championships do not dictate greatness for individuals in team sports IMO. Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, John Stockton, Ted Williams, Earl Campbell, Dick Butkus, Ernie Banks, Marcel Dionne never won, to name a few. I am no Cavs fan by any stretch, but I completely respect LeBron's game. He's a team guy, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and doesn't come off like a thug.

Anyway, my list:

1. Michael Vick - I don't think this needs an explanation. I am fine with him getting out of prison, but I do not feel that he deserves to be reinstated.

2. A-Rod - He is the antithesis to the description I gave LeBron above. I am a Yankees fan as well.

3. Dustin Pedroia - I just hate the rat-looking fvcker.

4. Sid the Flid - For all the reasons others have given.

5. Sean Avery

6. Andy Reid - Makes me sick to hear him speak, look at him, or hear anyone give him any credit.

7. Scott Gomez - Agreed with the one who said he'd top my list a few years ago, but Vick and A-Roid have trumped that, and seeing him suffer in NYC is good comeuppance.

8. Tom Brady - IMO he's the product of a system and overrated. Plus, he just looks like a douche.

9. Latrell Sprewell - What a moron.

10. Curt Schilling

Hon mentions: Phil Mickelson, Bill Belichick (get some wart remover, ugly bastard), Marbury.