JJ

Bartholomew Hunt

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475185#&navid=nhl-search

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8474582#&navid=nhl-search

JJ just isnt anything special. People love JJ on here and hate tedenby. Welp in 4 games tedenby has had just about as many scoring chances as JJ and has THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS AS HIM. I wouldnt mind seeing JJ scratched instead of matteau. Josefson has potential, but just like tedenby hes soft on the boards. Not to sell him short he is on a line with barch but so was tedenby for a game or two. The only thing JJ does better than tedenby is backcheck, which is as everyone knows is much more important to the devils than anything else. I would just like to point out though that JJ isnt producing at all.

Of course he's going to score a hatty tonight because of this post. Reguardless, hes shown flashes here and there with his speed and puck handling, but as a whole hes done nothing here. In fact hes done less offensively than teddy and that fact cannot even be denied. He should also be on the list of players that need to develop alot more before they make any difference on this team.

I would also like to say that the 2009 draft may have been top to bottom the weakest draft ever.....

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Although Josefson and Tedenby cannot finish, Josefson does everything Tedenby cannot do.

But when Zubrus returns I think Josefson is the odd man out. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou packages him with Tallinder for another forward. Matteau and Butler still need to find more cohesion with the team so another proven forward will help.

Although Josefson and Tedenby cannot finish, Josefson does everything Tedenby cannot do.

But when Zubrus returns I think Josefson is the odd man out. I wouldn't be surprised if Lou packages him with Tallinder for another forward. Matteau and Butler still need to find more cohesion with the team so another proven forward will help.

Teddy is a faster, more creative, has better hands. JJ is smarter with the puck and better defensively. Thats just why i think coaching will make teddy better down the road and jj already has the knowledge he just doesnt have the skill set. They both need size and to be stronger on the puck.

Teddy is a faster, more creative, has better hands. JJ is smarter with the puck and better defensively. Thats just why i think coaching will make teddy better down the road and jj already has the knowledge he just doesnt have the skill set. They both need size and to be stronger on the puck.

Tedenby is not good at all. He has skill, but he does not have any hockey sense whatsoever. Thats where Josefson blows Tedenby out of the water. Tedneby is also way too small to be successful. If he wants to be in the NHL he has to play like the Giontas. He will never do that. Tedenby is done, and he had way too many chances.

And people calling teddy a bust at 22 Yrs old need to watch another sport because they cant see raw talent. Same with JJ, he has potential to develop into a solid player, but you cant call developing 21 and 22 Yr olds busts.

He has never put up any big numbers in any level of play.

But if you think Tedenby will magically play the game smarter then more power to you.

Edited by Zubie#8

The thing that set JJ apart from Teddy was Josefson knows where the play is going to be and makes his presence felt by reading plays. PDB has even used him on PKs lately.  You could follow Teddys line of thought and he would end up out of place once play went by him.

But to be a devils advocate here, I see what you mean. Josefson really isn't producing either.

Tedenby is not good at all. He has skill, but he does not have any hockey sense whatsoever. Thats where Josefson blows Tedenby out of the water. Tedneby is also way too small to be successful. If he wants to be in the NHL he has to play like the Giontas. He will never do that. Tedenby is done, and he had way too many chances.

How does he have no hockey sense, explain yourself? I guess reading plays well and getting breakaways and setting up scoring chances is having NO hockey sense WHATSOEVER. lol how does JJ blow tes out of the water with that? by getting all of those great chances? exactly. JJ is solid defensively on the 4th line and thats it. what do you think brian gionta is the only player to be small and play in the nhl? i guess tyler ennis sucks too. Like i said compare those 2 links up there and you tell me whos produced more

How does he have no hockey sense, explain yourself? I guess reading plays well and getting breakaways and setting up scoring chances is having NO hockey sense WHATSOEVER. lol how does JJ blow tes out of the water with that? by getting all of those great chances? exactly. JJ is solid defensively on the 4th line and thats it. what do you think brian gionta is the only player to be small and play in the nhl? i guess tyler ennis sucks too. Like i said compare those 2 links up there and you tell me whos produced more

This isnt even worth my time. Someone else will explain...

This isnt even worth my time. Someone else will explain...

But stats are everything there is to hockey and Teddy and JJ, both have 1 point, thus there are equals, right? Just like we all know Clarkson is a far better hockey player than Kovy.

I see hockey players as having a 3 broad skillsets, you could obviously break these into 1000 different categories of talent, but I'm making broad strokes here.

1. Intrinsic Talent aka "Natural Talent", when a guy just has the hands <-Think Kovy

2. Hockey IQ, I get the feeling this is just their IQ, the smarter you are, the smarter you are, right? <- Elias

3. Athleticism <-Zubrus

Teddy has #1, not so much #2 or #3. JJ has some natural talent and definitely has #2, but also struggles with the board battles showing a lack of strength or #3.

In the end, JJ has most of what Teddy has plus a brain and that's enough to consider it blowing Teddy out of the water.

Edited by ATLL765

Josefson has been surprisingly bad defensively when he has the puck at even strength.  His positioning has been fine but he's turned it over in bad spots in the defensive zone more than a few times this season when it should almost never happen.

I still don't see any reason to have to yell "bust for sure" about a 22 year old.  It feels like when people want to say "game over" after the first period when the Devils are only down 1 or 2.

Sure it doesn't look like Tedenby will ever be an all-star player, but that doesn't mean he can't become a NHL contributor still.  Stephen Gionta basically hadn't played professionally yet at 22 years old. :lol:

But stats are everything there is to hockey and Teddy and JJ, both have 1 point, thus there are equals, right? Just like we all know Clarkson is a far better hockey player than Kovy.

OMG SOOO FUNNYY! Youre a regular Dane cook arent ya? Just as funny too!!! Thanks for your input though i see youre a fountain of hockey knowledge!!

Josefson has been surprisingly bad defensively when he has the puck at even strength.  His positioning has been fine but he's turned it over in bad spots in the defensive zone more than a few times this season when it should almost never happen.

I still don't see any reason to have to yell "bust for sure" about a 22 year old.  It feels like when people want to say "game over" after the first period when the Devils are only down 1 or 2.

Sure it doesn't look like Tedenby will ever be an all-star player, but that doesn't mean he can't become a NHL contributor still.  Stephen Gionta basically hadn't played professionally yet at 22 years old. :lol:

Thank you sir, exactly my point

Magically? If you think coaches are wizards than more power to you too sir

There is a reason why DeBoer and Lemaire had Teddy riding the pine the past couple of seasons.

There is also a reason both of them are coaches in the NHL while we are on here in a small corner of the internet posting on a message board.

Sorry but Teddy is looking like a bust at this point.

There is a reason why DeBoer and Lemaire had Teddy riding the pine the past couple of seasons.

There is also a reason both of them are coaches in the NHL while we are on here in a small corner of the internet posting on a message board.

PDB can want the kid to develop more, and this isnt just about teddy, whats your opinion on JJ whos doing nothing on a consistent basis.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

OMG SOOO FUNNYY! Youre a regular Dane cook arent ya? Just as funny too!!! Thanks for your input though i see youre a fountain of hockey knowledge!!

Thank you sir, exactly my point

Someone's got their panties in a bunch.

And btw. Lil' Gio is in no way, shape or form comparable to Teddy except their similar height. Stephen will never be a top 6. Teddy, could never hack it in a bottom 6. Apples to Oranges. If Teddy is not an NHL regular in the next 2 years, there's 99% he will never be. Different types of talent take different paths and to say just because one guy did it means anybody else can is not the case.

FYI: When being sarcastic, you can't mean what you say. So by calling me Dane Cook and then mentioning his complete lack of talent, you're not being sarcastic. Just sayin'

Edited by ATLL765

Barth, did you intentionally start a topic you knew almost no one would agree with you on, just for the sake of arguing? Pretty much seems the case.

On topic, I lke Teddy a lot, but the Devils have always been and always will be a defensively minded team. Teddy has no defensive awareness to his game, no matter how much I'm assuming they've tried to teach him or how many chances they've given him so far.

Is he a bust? I still think it's too early to say, but his chances with the Devils are definitely running out. That's not to say he wouldn't or couldn't flourish with a different team. Teddy just doesn't seem to have what the Devils system is made up of.

PDB can want the kid to develop more, and this isnt just about teddy, whats your opinion on JJ whos doing nothing on a consistent basis.

JJ does a lot of things well but he does have hands of stone.  At this point it is about who has a greater upside in the grand scheme of things.  JJ can't score for his life, but he does have his usefulness on the PK and is far more defensively sound than Teddy.  Teddy is fast and have some moves, but he seems lost out there most times and both PDB and Lemaire have questioned his commitment to defense.

Therefore in the grand scheme of things I'd rather have JJ on the team now than Teddy.

And btw. Lil' Gio is in no way, shape or form comparable to Teddy except their similar height. Stephen will never be a top 6. Teddy, could never hack it in a bottom 6. Apples to Oranges. If Teddy is not an NHL regular in the next 2 years, there's 99% he will never be. Different types of talent take different paths and to say just because one guy did it means anybody else can is not the case.

Well you wanna act like a cVck stain you deserve to be treated like one. Dont say anything if what youre going to input is garbage. And yes you are correct if hes not in the nhl by the NEXT 2 YEARS he never will be.

FYI: When being sarcastic, you can't mean what you say. So by calling me Dane Cook and then mentioning his complete lack of talent, you're not being sarcastic. Just sayin'

If you're trying to find a player that plays a similar style as Tedenby too, then Martin St Louis was not drafted in an expansion draft and then bought out of his contract when he was 25 years old.

The point was, players at 22 aren't finished products yet.  Most players that will end up being amazing are already in the NHL, but there are guys who end up being NHL contributors who aren't full time NHL players at 22.

JJ does a lot of things well but he does have hands of stone.  At this point it is about who has a greater upside in the grand scheme of things.  JJ can't score for his life, but he does have his usefulness on the PK and is far more defensively sound than Teddy.  Teddy is fast and have some moves, but he seems lost out there most times and both PDB and Lemaire have questioned his commitment to defense.

Therefore in the grand scheme of things I'd rather have JJ on the team now than Teddy.

Exactly. JJ, even if he never finds his hands, will be a useful player, Teddy if he can't crack a top 6, has no chance.

Well you wanna act like a cVck stain you deserve to be treated like one. Dont say anything if what youre going to input is garbage. And yes you are correct if hes not in the nhl by the NEXT 2 YEARS he never will be.

My input sucks, but I'm right. Glad you have a great grasp of the language.

If

you're trying to find a player that plays a similar style as Tedenby

too, then Martin St Louis was not drafted in an expansion draft and then

bought out of his contract when he was 25 years old.

The

point was, players at 22 aren't finished products yet.  Most players

that will end up being amazing are already in the NHL, but there are

guys who end up being NHL contributors who aren't full time NHL players

at 22.

That was a different time. A time when we got away with drafting smaller guys like Parise late in the 1st rd because it was all about size. People don't overlook smaller guys now and Teddy got his shot and usually, a skill guy, if he isn't even a regular call up by 22, I'd say there's call to be concerned he won't make it. His prime is 25, so he's got 3 years to start scoring, learn defense and gain like 25lbs.

Edited by ATLL765

Bart, seriously grow up.  You're coming as very annoying and childish here.

I'm not expecting big things from Teddy and JJ at this point anymore.  I'm guessing JJ will probably be the more useful player going forward, but I don't think either one of them is going to make a huge impact. 

Barth, did you intentionally start a topic you knew almost no one would agree with you on, just for the sake of arguing? Pretty much seems the case.

On topic, I lke Teddy a lot, but the Devils have always been and always will be a defensively minded team. Teddy has no defensive awareness to his game, no matter how much I'm assuming they've tried to teach him or how many chances they've given him so far.

Is he a bust? I still think it's too early to say, but his chances with the Devils are definitely running out. That's not to say he wouldn't or couldn't flourish with a different team. Teddy just doesn't seem to have what the Devils system is made up of.

I started a topic to point out JJ is producing just as little as teddy did. I did it to debate, now when someone like ATL goes and acts like a 3rd grader it becomes an arguement which seems to happen alot on here with certain people who are childish.