Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

I just edited about 20 of my own hope that helps :koolaid:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#82 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,926 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

Wow, that's more absurd then the stuff WWE does

and I don't see how they can make you have to do something that happened BEFORE a cease order??

Bah, I'm just glad my brother in law works for the Daily News :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#83 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

I don't do dangerous! And NJ0.com gets mentioned a lot. Is there a way to tweak that? star+ledger+Staff work ?

Wait a minute, they don't even want us talking about their site? We can't say Star-Ledger even in conversation?

I'd think that if nj.com is mentioned it is usually with an article and you could probably add "Rich Chere" and that Wentworth chick to the search and only sacrifice a few non-article posts. I don't think NJO is ever part of their URL.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#84 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

Sammy, I think DM means that he wants to minimize the number of false positives.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#85 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

Ah, I guess I misread that Oh well.

#86 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

If you are in need of willing minions to help out with the monotonous post editing, I am willing to volunteer my services.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#87 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

If you are in need of willing minions to help out with the monotonous post editing, I am willing to volunteer my services.

It wouldn't take too long if ppl just checked their own and fixed it themselves.
Esp since I'm sure going back to last season should be far enough maybe :noclue:

RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.

#88 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

It wouldn't take too long if ppl just checked their own and fixed it themselves.
Esp since I'm sure going back to last season should be far enough maybe :noclue:

I think the problem is that its just a few select posters with years of dedicated postings. Yeah obviously if you have posted one or 2 or even 50 articles in the past if you could go back and fix it up I think thats implied. But we are talking about helping with the few thousand posts made by a few people because it would be tedious for any person to go through them all.

#89 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

I think the problem is that its just a few select posters with years of dedicated postings. Yeah obviously if you have posted one or 2 or even 50 articles in the past if you could go back and fix it up I think thats implied. But we are talking about helping with the few thousand posts made by a few people because it would be tedious for any person to go through them all.

Most are likely by Rock and SC. SC still posts here so maybe he can do his own and DM can do Rock's?

#90 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

Most are likely by Rock and SC. SC still posts here so maybe he can do his own and DM can do Rock's?

It's still a ton to sort through. I went through some of my old ones, i did about 1 per minutes. Even at twice that speed, its still about like 16 hours worth of work just opening and editing threads.

#91 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

Every little bit helps
-----------------
DONE

Edited by Devilish34, 05 November 2007 - 03:36 PM.

#92 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,883 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

Another question...why is it only the Ledger that's pressing action against the site? If anything I'd think the Post or other newspapers would whine and moan too (especially since we make fun of the Post ten times more than the Ledger :giggle:).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#93 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

I just got an interesting link sent to me. It would appear the Star Ledger is probably just the start of our problems.

http://www.nytimes.c...s...and&emc=rss

#94 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

Another question...why is it only the Ledger that's pressing action against the site? If anything I'd think the Post or other newspapers would whine and moan too (especially since we make fun of the Post ten times more than the Ledger :giggle:).

We probably actually click through the Post a bunch to get to the hyperlink of (N)Đ„verson's email to blast him.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#95 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

I just got an interesting link sent to me. It would appear the Star Ledger is probably just the start of our problems.

Ouch, what the heck are you going to do?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#96 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

that. sucks.

Ouch, what the heck are you going to do?

nuke the forums and start fresh!!!

#97 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

DM, those "UPDATE" commands can be very easily changed to "SELECT" commands, and then using a program like phpMyAdmin (which should be provided by your Web Hosting) you can view all of the results before you go ahead and change anything.

Of course those queries can be tweaked by adding commands like
WHERE `body` LIKE "%nj.com%" AND `body` LIKE "%Rich Chere%"

Please let me know if I can be of any further help. Anything that uses MySQL can be easily manipulated, its just a matter of tweaking the command to eliminate as many false positives as possible.

Oh, and always always always make a backup of the database before you do anything! :evil: words of advice from someone whose made this mistake in the past!
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#98 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

You can also do commands like
WHERE (`body` LIKE "%<a href="http://nj.com/%" OR `body` LIKE "%<a href="http://www.nj.com/%") AND (`body` LIKE "%Rich Chere%" OR `body` LIKE "%Other Common Writer%")

Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#99 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Geeks to the rescue!

Weird, my brother in law just told me to use such commands to change all the prices on my website so it actually looks familiar!

#100 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

Just wanted to point out that I read the posts on articles by Chere, (N)Đ„verson and Gulitti today but not the actual articles. Had they been posted in this forum, I would have read them. But I really don't have the time to leave this site and read them elsewhere. Oh well...

<JESTER>
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users