106 replies to this topic

#81 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

That is why the board ads are more expensive.

WAY more expensive - i once inquired for my company - this was 5 years ago - 1/2 a season for board coverage - $500k. Of course it comes with many more advertising vehicles - the programs, signage in other areas of the arena, etc. but the boards and the ice are for national chains that have massive budgets.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#82 SC Devs Fan

SC Devs Fan

The News Guy

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

So you are telling me that NJDevs.com isn't getting its own boards sign?
"There is money in the banana stand"

George Bluth

#83 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

:lol:

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#84 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

We can sell the NJDevs.com shirts to make money so we can buy a boards ad! :dance: :dance:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#85 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

We can sell the NJDevs.com shirts to make money so we can buy a boards ad! :dance: :dance:

Thank god we don't have the visitor base to buy that many shirts. I could not afford the hosting bill.

#86 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

Thank god we don't have the visitor base to buy that many shirts. I could not afford the hosting bill.

We can sell NJDevs.com hats to make money so we can pay the hosting bill! :dance: :dance:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#87 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

We can sell NJDevs.com hats to make money so we can pay the hosting bill! :dance: :dance:

:rofl:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#88 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

DM Love that Avatar!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#89 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

DM Love that Avatar!!!

Expert Photography
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#90 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Expert Photography

Expert models too :)

Heh.

#91 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

Expert models too :)

Heh.

Yeah. You're modest.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#92 sammy32

sammy32

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Has there been a response from the letter?
Posted Image

I ask Scott Stevens:
"What do you think of Shawn Avery?"
Scott Stevens answered:
"I wish I still played hockey"

#93 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

I was down at UVA this weekend and I went to a Girls Exhibition Basketball game at their really nice two year old arena. They had a T-Shirt launch but they not only had the mascot and the cheerleaders throwing the shirts but they also had shirts on parachutes drop down from the rafters. I think that having shirts come down from the rafters on parachutes would be a great feature at The Rock.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#94 eireen

eireen

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

I think that having shirts come down from the rafters on parachutes would be a great feature at The Rock.

i guess so.. Hey i was reading the above posts and i thought you were about to sell shirts??? :doh1: or just confused reading it..:)

#95 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

18.) Commemorative Poster Night (2006/07 Season most successful)
19.) Devils License Plate Frame Giveaway (ala. Next Stop Meadowlands)

When did these two happen? I just want to make sure I have the 06-07 poster, I know I have the 05-06 poster.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#96 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

When did these two happen? I just want to make sure I have the 06-07 poster, I know I have the 05-06 poster.

The license plate frame was from the very early 90s, because it had the old colors on it.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#97 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

I was reading these.. and look at all of our ideas that most likely influenced the Devils marketing team!! I mean some of these are EXACT-- Family 4 packs, college nights, doc night... it's just CRAZY to see that stuff. Bravo to DevilinLA, bravo to us njdevs people!!

2.) More Puck Giveaway Nights
8.) Less Dancing Girls Time
9.) More Television Commercial Advertising Promoting the Team
14.) A DEFINATE "CELEBRATE DOC EMRICK night" - ceremony and all - to commemorate his induction honor and team service over the years. (there is a boblehead ripe for the making right here!)
21.) Devils Night Out (modeled on Columbus Blue Jackets "Jackets Night Out"): A
Tuesday/Wed/Thu. Night Promotion " 2 people/2 beers/ 2 individual pizzas "
For a set incentive price.
24.) College ID Discount Night
28.) Devils Family Four Pack: (4 food Vouchers, 4 Drink Vouchers, 4 Tickets)
Featuring incentive-priced tickets

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#98 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

I was thinking the same thing MB. I don't know whether we had any huge influence or not...but it still looked good.

I am planning on doing another NJDEVS FEEDBACK LETTER at the end of the season. Again get opinions and comments from the board here...Sort of a "what worked, what didn't" from a fan point of view with some "we still would like to see....".

If all goes well for the team....I want be writing it until well into MAY.....
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#99 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

I was thinking the same thing MB. I don't know whether we had any huge influence or not...but it still looked good.

I am planning on doing another NJDEVS FEEDBACK LETTER at the end of the season. Again get opinions and comments from the board here...Sort of a "what worked, what didn't" from a fan point of view with some "we still would like to see....".

If all goes well for the team....I want be writing it until well into MAY.....

Definitely write another one, this one went really, really well well imo, even if they didn't respond too much.

Again, fantastic job DevilInLA :thumbsup:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#100 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

For those interested I will be recirculating the Official Marketing Feedback letter in the middle of June (post cup) for everyone to add new or similar feedback.

Some have suggested opening the letter to posters from other Devils forums (devilsrule, etc.),

What are the thoughts on that?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users