GDT: ECF Game 1 - NJ Devils @ NY Rangers

NJCroMag

Rags deserved this, period. Don't know what the answer is. Even when you control the game, their d doesn't give you much.

The only thing that will annoy me is going to be the incessant Lunqvist worshiping that is bound to follow. He played well, but wasn't really tested in any meaningful way.

One other observation, when the Devils play a successful defensively sound game it's boring... when the Rangers do it they're savvy.

You caught onto this season long story just now?

I'm not rushing to the idea that the Rags will win the series, but I think if a Kings/Rags SCF goes down then the Rags won't win the cup. They're stories in the playoffs are total opposites.

Kings: 8th seed, beats the 1 and 2 seeds handily in 4 and 5 games repsectively

Rags: 1st seed, barely beats the 7th and 8th seeds in two 7 game series

You know, you'd think I'd be incredibly pissed/depressed after being shutout by those [insert whatever word you wish], but I'm surprisingly calm, and dare I say encouraged. They played very hard, and were not nearly as outplayed as one would expect from a 3-0 final. (The guys on NBC were even saying that we outplayed them for most of the game.) Let us remember that we lost the first game to Philly and were down 3-2 against Florida. This team can come back from a bad situation in a series, and has even shown that they excel at it. They've proven that they can fix bad parts of their game (for example, the PK), and adjust to play to the opponents weaknesses (like the entire Flyers series after game 1). I think they will come out Wednesday and probably outplay the Rangers (at least in the 1st). Obviously, that may or may not translate to victory, but this series is far from over.

I feel this way.

If the Rags win it all they will go down as the least talented team to ever win the Stanley Cup.

Block shots, working the refs, and berlin walling around your goaltender.

Yea, and then we can say Lundquist was a product of the system, give it back to the rangers fans saying the same crap about Marty all these years. But they won't win, I just feel like Deboer is gonna figure something out from going over this game. Seemed to get a plan of action after losing to the Flyers in that first game too.

Ok who was the user that was working on the rangers protective gear in order to reduce injuries???

All i have to say to you " you effing ass****, look what you have done , now they just love to block shoots"

Just kinding i know you was caught on a strange situation, being a Devils fans, all o sudden the company you work for is hired by the Rangers to make their protective gear better all.

But if sttill have the details of the projects wouldn't hur to share with the Devils :evil: :evil:

Meanwhile the devils just keeping shooting at them until it hurts .

I didn't make a lot sense did i??

Typical Devils loss to a New York Ranger team.

I've been witnessing these for the past 6 years now.

Very frustrating that an Ottawa and Washington team seemed to have had The Queen on his heels just about every game and the Devils who come into the game being well rested don't even phase him.

I'm not even mad because it's unfortunately expected.

Hopefully the loss has to do with the Devils just being due for a loss after winning 4 in a row and maybe not having their legs under them, but to me, they looked like they tried pretty hard to beat this team and they couldn't even score.

That has me worried but it's only game 1. Just praying we don't leave without a split.

I don't want to say this, because I like the guy, but Zidlicky fvcking sucked tonight.

Doubt he's 100%.

Alright going to bed now.

I'll be a lot more reasonable when I'm sober tomorrow.

Sorry everyone I fvcking trolled the sh!t out of this thread tonight and I do apologize.

Deep down I do like Marty but its just frustrating as sh!t. I promise I'll be less belligerent and emo tomorrow.

Hey don't worry about it man we all have nights like this.

Though your avatar is pretty appropriate for a few of your posts in this thread :D

At one point there were 6 people within a few feet of the Rangers net all wearing blue Shirts, its like they play with 6 goaltenders!!!

The Rangers had nothing over the first two periods.

I think we take the next game.