907 replies to this topic

#441 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Oh! haha thanks, I never knew that. I like how Lou hand-signed it!

Lol no problem and I am pretty sure that signature is autopen. Still pretty neat and the paper is watermarked.

#442 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Lol no problem and I am pretty sure that signature is autopen. Still pretty neat and the paper is watermarked.

Hmmm, I thought I read somewhere that all of the Devils LOA's are hand-signed by Lou...

#443 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Maybe I didn't search enough but I didn't find anything on this site about it.

I was looking at these sites cheapjerseys.us and borntradejerseys.net.

They wholesale jerseys out of China. Jerseys are like 30 something bucks for a customized jersey w/ tiedown. Does anyone have experience ordering these? Are they legit ... enough ...

I was thinking about a throwback Oilers or North Stars Jersey maybe.
Posted Image

#444 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

They wholesale jerseys out of China. Jerseys are like 30 something bucks for a customized jersey w/ tiedown. Does anyone have experience ordering these? Are they legit ... enough ...

These are sweatshop (counterfeit) jerseys and what you see may not even be what you get. The jerseys they have pictured on the website already look pretty brutal but many times you will receive a jersey that doesn't even match up to that quality either.

I have one sweatshop jersey in my entire collection and it has so-so stitch job, the wrong shade of red for the whole thing (has a sort of light purple-ish hue to it) and the fight strap is sewn on terribly. It is great to wear when you are out someplace that has a really high chance of possibly getting it stained (noisy bar) but it still honestly looks terrible compared to my replicas and authentics.

#445 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Lamoriello actually signs the MeiGray LOAs...it is his real signature, not autopen.

And DO NOT order a $30 Chinese knockoff, they look awful in person.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#446 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

Lamoriello actually signs the MeiGray LOAs...it is his real signature, not autopen.

And DO NOT order a $30 Chinese knockoff, they look awful in person.

Those MeiGray LOA's certainly fooled me because I have a few and the signature looks exactly the same on all of them and there are no impression marks left from the pen.

Autopen or not the LOA's are still cool with the whole Devils letterhead and watermarked paper they use.

#447 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Where is the best place I can take my jersey, in person, and have Parise's name and number removed/replaced?

815631765.gif

#448 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Where is the best place I can take my jersey, in person, and have Parise's name and number removed/replaced?

Honestly no place around here I would take in person. I've heard various things about stitches so i can't say that's a trusted source. I've seen lettering from them with the wrong font as well as the size of the letters and numbers.

I would just go with exclusive pro. They do the actual devils jerseys and while you have to ship them and wait a couple months they at least do it right. Just got a jersey back from them yesterday that I mailed back in early August and it is completely worth the wait.

#449 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

I've had all different kind of experiences, with all different kinds of those sites. My friend got a beautifully done up retro Kovalchuk that is definitely as good as any jersey I've seen. On the other hand, I've bought a Marty retro once and it is just green in place of where it should be black. No extra arm sleeves stripes.

It's about a 50/50 bet but at the cost, I think it's worth the risk.

#450 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I've had all different kind of experiences, with all different kinds of those sites. My friend got a beautifully done up retro Kovalchuk that is definitely as good as any jersey I've seen. On the other hand, I've bought a Marty retro once and it is just green in place of where it should be black. No extra arm sleeves stripes.

It's about a 50/50 bet but at the cost, I think it's worth the risk.

I have never seen a "good" knockoff jersey. They're just awful...you get what you pay for.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#451 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have never seen a "good" knockoff jersey. They're just awful...you get what you pay for.

Respectfully disagree. Unless you are inspecting the jersey, I have a few that are completely legitimate. No real way to prove it.

To each his own. Some people seem to be hardcore down to every thread, some people just want it to look good.

#452 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Respectfully disagree. Unless you are inspecting the jersey, I have a few that are completely legitimate. No real way to prove it.

To each his own. Some people seem to be hardcore down to every thread, some people just want it to look good.

Fair enough, but if you have a good and legitimate looking knockoff, please post a photo when you get a chance. I'd love to see.

#453 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Fair enough, but if you have a good and legitimate looking knockoff, please post a photo when you get a chance. I'd love to see.

I have a couple of Giants jerseys and a friend of mine has a nice Devils one. I'll try to get a picture some time.

#454 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I agree.

I've also seen people say the dorholts look good too but I find those to be a very mixed bag at best. Would never order one from him after how a buddy's of mines jersey looked like who bought it from Dorholt.

#455 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I agree. I can spot them from 50 yards away at games. The retro ones seem especially bad...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#456 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

I agree. I can spot them from 50 yards away at games. The retro ones seem especially bad...

Haha yup. The wrong shades of red and green, bad lettering job and the too small arm numbers are huge indicators.

A lot of fans say they have to buy the knockoff Retros because they want the ones the players wear on the ice on retro night but don't want to pay $300 for the authentic or get the CCM replicas. I think the CCM replicas are far better choice not because of the price but because those are closer to what they really wore back when it was their primary jersey rather than the edge ones they wear now.

#457 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

MeiGray is having another grab bag...this one is pretty awesome, just bought mine.....

http://www.meigray.c...8773&scId=48773

#458 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

MeiGray is having another grab bag...this one is pretty awesome, just bought mine.....

http://www.meigray.c...8773&scId=48773

More like cash grab. No thanks to this one and the return policy is pretty dicey as it expires at the end of this month or lockout. Then you have to use your credit but the end of the year.

#459 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

More like cash grab. No thanks to this one and the return policy is pretty dicey as it expires at the end of this month or lockout. Then you have to use your credit but the end of the year.

I get that, but there are very nice jerseys in there. You also have a better chance of getting one.

They're all game worn this time, instead of blank ones...

#460 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I get that, but there are very nice jerseys in there. You also have a better chance of getting one.

They're all game worn this time, instead of blank ones...

I'd rather save up and get one I like at next years summer sale than do this grab bag. I can get a nice game worn for half the price of the grab bag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users