Brodeur and fans don't show up

SC Devs Fan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read my earlier post, I said that I don't leave early. It's none of my business that other people leave early. There are plenty of reasons why some people walk out before the three stars.

When I have to prove that I am a Devils fan to you, I'll let you know where I'm sitting so you can say hello.

See, I think a better comparison is our opener against Ottawa -- first home game against a Canadian team nobody cares about.

The Nets have always been a bit like the Devils when it comes to gate, in the sense that the opponent matters big time in determining the crowd. I think it's a byproduct of those days when the Nets would market "Come See Jordan and the Bulls!" instead of their own losing product.

<JESTER>

But likewise how much is Tampa draw? The reason why I used that game because it was a Friday night game at 7 same as the Nets game. Game 1 against Ottawa isn't a fair comparison because it was a Thursday night game and if you don't think the day of the week matters at that arena you are kidding yourself. If it wasn't a major factor there would not have been such a large increase between game 1 and game 2 of the Tampa series. So the only fair comparison is to use the two Friday games.

My original basic point was to show that the big problem is the arena and not how the Devils play like a lot of people say by showing that the arena other tenant has similar problems drawing.

See ya at game 2 on Saturday

What section were you in?

Since you've taken it upon yourself to chastise everyone for not going, why not walk the walk?

Please post a scan or picture of your ticket stubs from games 1 and 2 of this series. Also post your stub for game 5 as well (because "real" fans -- like you -- obviously have playoff strips)

Feel free to blur out the account number and barcode, but I'd like to see them because I think you're a lying piece of $hit.

So, prove your superior fanhood or shut the fvck up.

Edited by RicPerrott

What section were you in?

Since you've taken it upon yourself to chastise everyone for not going, why not walk the walk?

Please post a scan or picture of your ticket stubs from games 1 and 2 of this series. Also post your stub for game 5 as well (because "real" fans -- like you -- obviously have playoff strips)

Feel free to blur out the account number and barcode, but I'd like to see them because I think you're a lying piece of $hit.

So, prove your superior fanhood or shut the fvck up.

You have some set of stones asking me to scan my tix and blur stuff.

But you're the same guy that comes here and asks the Devil fans to write your book for him. If you had any talent as a writer you would write your own book instead of asking Devil fans to do it for you. It doesn't matter because nobody is going to read it anyway.

Edited by officerfarva

You have some set of stones asking me to scan my tix and blur stuff.

But you're the same guy that comes here and asks the Devil fans to write your book for him. If you had any talent as a writer you would write your own book instead of asking Devil fans to do it for you. It doesn't matter because nobody is going to read it anyway.

Edited by RicPerrott

Exactly what I figured you lying sack of p!ss. You've been outed now so please SHUT THE FVCK UP. What kind of immature jerkoff hides behind an anonymous moniker -- a retarded one at that -- solely in an effort to hurl insults? I can't even imagine the level of emotional and mental damage you must have, and for that I actually pity you.

I guess I understand given your mental condition, but it's usually best to not talk about things you have little to no understanding of, lest you make yourself appear to be even more of a complete fvcking a$$ than you do on an everyday basis. I'll tell you what... I'll gladly post a complete chapter from the book -- written by us -- if you post your tickets proving that you attended both playoff games and game 5 (like a "real fan") .... deal?

Somehow I don't expect a miserable anonymous hiding P.O.S. like you to accept.

Back on topic, I can see why fans aren't attending packing the seats every night, for all of the reasons mentioned--High ticket/food/parking prices that get worse every year, the bad location, the lack of public transportation (if you don't drive, you're pretty much screwed), the list goes on and on. If I could afford it (and hadn't taken up night classes), I would have been at a lot more games. But I can't. It doesn't make me a bad fan if I dont' want to fight through rush-hour traffic after a long day at work just to sit through heavy Turnpike traffic, go through almost $20 in tolls/parking, and in most cases have to trek through that long, cold, infernal walkway. Then comes the thrill of having to pay high prices for lukewarm, stale, fatty food and settling in to an uncomfortable seat with my fellow section-mates kicking my seat and practically breathing down my neck. Ugh.

Once the game starts it's all about the game, but most days I'd rather be in the comfort of my living room in my Devils gear and sweats, watching the game on our beautiful big screen and enjoy much better food. I can do any damn thing I want in my own home and save money doing it. I could dance around and even watch the game naked if I were so inclined. :boogie:

That said, it was a disappointment to say the least when we finally walked into CAA (bad ticket agent experience) just before the first period ended on Thursday night and saw all of those empty seats. I noticed a few people leaving after the first, apparently having given up on their team. When I go to a game I always stay until the very last second. I really don't see the need to leave early at all--if you're going to a weekday game that starts at 7, you know for a fact that the game won't end at 8:30 or 9:00. That's what pisses me off the most, not the non-attendance but the half-heartedness when people actually do.