Lou on Fatcessa 2:05 today

Daniel

Francessa is smacking down this Ranger fan who came on claiming the Devils are always overrated.

That's Rangers fan logic for ya...if the Devils are overrated, what does that say about the team they beat in the ECF last season?

I can't start a new topic so I'll post here - Pete DeBoer up next on Joe and Evan.

Listening to this interview, then the Francesa one was night and day. Joe and Evan asked all the right questions, even about Salvador as the C which just came down like a half hour before their interview.

The best thing I can say about the Francesa interview is at least I didn't hear him ask Ranger questions this time :P Like someone else said, he basically asked seven different ways how they'd approach the short season.

Ya outside of Boomer and LaGreca there isn't alot of hockey knowledge on the radio...gets even worse when ESPN drags out Melrose and I find myself wondernig if he watches any devils game at all :doh1:

I was watching the NHL channel the other day, just wondering how Barry Melrose is still commenting... I mean, how does he maintain the credibility to stay on the air? What atrocities have hockey viewers committed to deserve Barry Melrose looming over them as an authority?

That's Rangers fan logic for ya...if the Devils are overrated, what does that say about the team they beat in the ECF last season?

Most Ranger fans are insanely jealous they're not Devils fans, so they act like 5-year olds about it. It's a sad fanbase, which is fitting, because the Rangers are a sad franchise.

Francessa is smacking down this Ranger fan who came on claiming the Devils are always overrated. :lol: Overrated? They're always picked to miss the playoffs, including years like last year where they go to the cup finals.

To mike's credit, he had several Ranger fans calling in after we went down 0-3 to the Kings saying "We would have done better. Devils don't deserve to be there" and he immediately shot them down saying "They beat you in 6 games. There is no way you can claim the Rangers would have done better when they lost to the Devils in the previous round"

Anything interesting from the Deboer interview??

I didn't hear all of it but from what I remember he talked about going to his kids games during the lockout and spending time at home. Expected teams to be playing at a super intense level on Saturday on the Island. He said some good words about Salvador. Expects Henrique to be back sooner than later. Likes where the goalies are at. Spoke a bit about Kovalchuk as I remember.

Most Ranger fans are insanely jealous they're not Devils fans, so they act like 5-year olds about it. It's a sad fanbase, which is fitting, because the Rangers are a sad franchise.

The Ranger fan is the worst kind of fan. As a franchise, the Rangers have a track record that's worse than Mets. One championship in 74 years, and the other three in a time when there were only six teams competing for the championship. That's fine, of course. Winning championships is difficult and often the product of luck. And I don't blame the franchise for playing up the limited success the team has had (although I'll make fun of the streamers after winning game 1 in the second round of the playoffs). All teams do that in one way or another.

However, unlike a Mets fan, who at least is honest about what the Mets are as a franchise, the Ranger fan believes that the Rangers are at the center of the universe and have this bizarre sense of entitlement. Hell, even Yankees fans, in the late 80s and early 90s, realized the team was a joke and kept their mouths shut.

The Ranger fan is the worst kind of fan. As a franchise, the Rangers have a track record that's worse than Mets. One championship in 74 years, and the other three in a time when there were only six teams competing for the championship. That's fine, of course. Winning championships is difficult and often the product of luck. And I don't blame the franchise for playing up the limited success the team has had (although I'll make fun of the streamers after winning game 1 in the second round of the playoffs). All teams do that in one way or another.

However, unlike a Mets fan, who at least is honest about what the Mets are as a franchise, the Ranger fan believes that the Rangers are at the center of the universe and have this bizarre sense of entitlement. Hell, even Yankees fans, in the late 80s and early 90s, realized the team was a joke and kept their mouths shut.

Very true on all levels. The problem with Rangers fans is that their baseless bravado is unbelieveably backed by the BS pushed by the media in this area. No matter how good the Devils and Isles are doing, all the print and TV coverage will go to the Rags. Plus, with the Devils and Isles both playing on a cable network owned by the Rags, they get no real exposure outside of their games themselves. Hell, the one time the Devils get a "Vault" show of their own on MSG, they spend 3/4 of it showing clips from a game they lost 13-4.

Ya outside of Boomer and LaGreca there isn't alot of hockey knowledge on the radio...gets even worse when ESPN drags out Melrose and I find myself wondernig if he watches any devils game at all :doh1:

For me, when it comes to hockey, LaGreca is the only one worth listening to in the NY/NJ sportstalk radio landscape. Unfortunately, because he doesn't have his own show, he rarely gets the chance to talk about the sport.

I never get to hear Boomer, so I really can't comment on him.

And Benigno, on a day-to-day basis, rarely talks knowledgeably about any team besides the Rangers as far as I can tell. Unless he's doing an interview, which gives him time to prepare, he doesn't seem to follow the rest of the league at all.

I was watching the NHL channel the other day, just wondering how Barry Melrose is still commenting... I mean, how does he maintain the credibility to stay on the air? What atrocities have hockey viewers committed to deserve Barry Melrose looming over them as an authority?

The guy predicted Minnesota to win the cup. Best part about this was that about 2 minutes before he predicted them winning he basically said they are incredibly weak on defense.