Good bet

emptynet

I was just talking to one of my friends. He doesnt reallly follow hockey but he asked me if I thought the Rangers would win the cup this year. I told him no. Not just because I HATE the Rangers, but because I honestly still believe in the old addage that defense wins championships, and if there is one thing the Rangers are lacking in, it's defense.

So anyhow, a guy he knows made a bet with him, he gave my friend the ENTIRE NHL against the Rangers to win the cup.

I told him it's going to be the easiest $500 he's ever made.

I had a friend of mine bet me $30 that Holik was gonna score 30 goals with the Rangers in his first year... I had to say yes really quick before the belly-laughs hit!!! :boogie::boogie::giggle::rofl:

My brothers friend decided to make a deal with me that makes no sense. For him atleast.

Easy 100 dollars.

He bet that Gomez will get 2.5 times more points Elias will. If Elias gets hurt it gets traded onto Parise. If Gomez gets hurt then the deal sitll stands because he is so sure he will double it. We also bet 2 to 1 so i pay 50 if it happens.

So say Elias scores 40 points Gomez will have to score 100 and if Elias sits out 5 games i can switch it to Parise. Easy money.

My brothers friend decided to make a deal with me that makes no sense. For him atleast.

Easy 100 dollars.

He bet that Gomez will get 2.5 times more points Elias will. If Elias gets hurt it gets traded onto Parise. If Gomez gets hurt then the deal sitll stands because he is so sure he will double it. We also bet 2 to 1 so i pay 50 if it happens.

So say Elias scores 40 points Gomez will have to score 100 and if Elias sits out 5 games i can switch it to Parise. Easy money.

Wow! wish i was ur friend!!!! Rangers winning the cup this year? i wold bet 5000 bucks against! it!

Ur right that is the easiest 500 bucks hell ever make! Dang thats a good way to get money, bet against the rags lol!

Against a whole field of teams vs 1 who i dont even think is my favorite to win, it dosent make sense. There isnt a defensive bone in the rags body right now. And Henrik hasnt been injury free, he seems to miss a handful each year. They want him to step it up and honestly, im not sure if he could completly do it.

Edited by SteveStevens

Wouldnt that also be like betting on the Devils because they have Brodeur? Marty is definatly a more accomplished and better all around goalie to Lundqvist.

More accomplished and experienced, yes. Better? I am not so sure. Given his recent postseason performances, what makes you believe he's going to get any better? He'll be 36 next Spring too.

Lundqvist was outstanding during the Rangers' two rounds and is 10-11 years younger. He's also very hungry to win. He's got that edge that you like to see. I'll take my chances with Henke.

Tri, it's a dumb bet because there is no such thing anymore as a lock in this league. This isn't the Oilers or the Pens. The field is more level. Anything can happen.