Patrick Sharp available via trade

Guadana

Nick Kypreos: Patrick Sharp available via trade. Hawks clearing money for Toews/Kane extensions and/or Kesler or Spezza? 

I think Sharp can do everything on ice and he is one of the most underrated chicago player.

What can we trade for him 

and how do you think - do we need in him? (i think - yes)

Edited by Guadana

We don't have anything to trade.

much young defensmen(leddy`s and oduya`s contracts goes to an end, and theirs next contracts will be higher, but chico needs in money for patrick and johny), next year first pick (our draft picksvalued higher now)

bad thing that another teams can give some more

much young defensmen(leddy`s and oduya`s contracts goes to an end, and theirs next contracts will be higher, but chico needs in money for patrick and johny), next year first pick (our draft picksvalued higher now)

bad thing that another teams can give some more

Total insanity to trade even anything remotely close to a first or one of our young D for Sharp.

Sharp is good but he also played with some of the best players in the league. His production would drop strongly if he came here.

Total insanity to trade even anything remotely close to a first or one of our young D for Sharp.

Sharp is good but he also played with some of the best players in the league. His production would drop strongly if he came here.

His production will drop if he came here

but

i saw much games of chicago and he did more 

a lot more than his line teammates

in position defense, in attacking creation

i think he can give us a lot 

more than clowe or rolston

Edited by Guadana

The crazy thing about Chicago is that they really don't have any reason to deal Sharp for prospects - they have young D and forwards coming up.  They're really best served dealing Sharp for a high 1st in this year's draft and calling it a day.

Sharp's not going to fetch a first. Like I wrote above Sharp was pretty average until Toews, Kane, Hossa et al cam on board the roster.

I would suspect a deal like a 3rd to be sufficient. I like Sharp but anything more than that is a little bit crazy.

At the cost of our future. It wont be easy to get him. It will take alot from us which makes it not worth it.

but

but

Rolston doesn't play anymore and when healthy Clowe was a solid player. The problem with Sharp is he will need very strong linemates to be productive. We in all honesty don't have that.

I just wish he wasn't 33.  he'd easily be a 2nd liner on our squad.  his production would dropoff, sure, but he'd still help us no doubt. 

at 33 though, i wouldn't want us dealing anything besides a pick and a defenseman.  Id be willing to throw Harrold and our 2nd pick. but no way would i expect Chicago to take it, and no way would i want to see us give more

Sharp's not going to fetch a first. Like I wrote above Sharp was pretty average until Toews, Kane, Hossa et al cam on board the roster.

I would suspect a deal like a 3rd to be sufficient. I like Sharp but anything more than that is a little bit crazy.

Dave Bolland and Cal Clutterbuck brought back a greater return than that, but you weren't dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer on one side of the equation in those deals.

Without knowing their cap situation, I could see Tampa trading the number 1 they got from the Rangers for this year. That basically turns the St. Louis trade into Patrick Sharp and a first, which is not a bad return at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just wish he wasn't 33.  he'd easily be a 2nd liner on our squad.  his production would dropoff, sure, but he'd still help us no doubt. 

at 33 though, i wouldn't want us dealing anything besides a pick and a defenseman.  Id be willing to throw Harrold and our 2nd pick. but no way would i expect Chicago to take it, and no way would i want to see us give more

You're not talking about this year's pick.

Dave Bolland and Cal Clutterbuck brought back a greater return than that, but you weren't dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer on one side of the equation in those deals.

Without knowing their cap situation, I could see Tampa trading the number 1 they got from the Rangers for this year. That basically turns the St. Louis trade into Patrick Sharp and a first, which is not a bad return at all.

I see that, but Hemsky brought a 3rd and I would prefer him to Sharp.

That 1st is not high enough for Patrick Sharp.  It'd have to be something in the 5-15 range.  

One other issue: Sharp is signed at 5 mil per season through 16-17. Speaking of Rolston

Yeah, so that contract ends when Sharp is 35 years and 6.5 months old - Brian Rolston's UFA contract with the Devils had him playing his first game with NJ at 35 years and 7.5 months old.

Yeah, so that contract ends when Sharp is 35 years and 6.5 months old - Brian Rolston's UFA contract with the Devils had him playing his first game with NJ at 35 years and 7.5 months old.

Rolston aside, do you think it would be a particularly good idea to spend 5 mil per season on Patrick Sharp?

Rolston aside, do you think it would be a particularly good idea to spend 5 mil per season on Patrick Sharp?

I'd love if it NJ could get Patrick Sharp for free at that number and duration.  Obviously, at least to me, they don't have the pieces for a trade and a trade would be too pricey, but sure, if he could just be signed at that number? Absolutely.  Wait until July 1 and see what people end up signing for.

The crazy thing about Chicago is that they really don't have any reason to deal Sharp for prospects - they have young D and forwards coming up. They're really best served dealing Sharp for a high 1st in this year's draft and calling it a day.

There's rumors that Pitt wants to deal their pick in a package for a forward but it's obviously not a real high pick. There's a few teams that are in the top 10 to 15 picks willing to move their 1st rounders for players.

Sharp is good but I don't think he'll be his Blackhawks level on a new team unless it's got a comparable center like Kane or Toews to pair with him, hence the potential for the deal to be risky for whoever acquires him.

And no I would not move Merrill or Larsson for him at all.

Sharp got really streaky this season and at one point was on a pretty significant cold drought.

You're not talking about this year's pick.

I see that, but Hemsky brought a 3rd and I would prefer him to Sharp.

You gave up a third for 25 games of Hemsky. Sharp is probably a better player too.

There's rumors that Pitt wants to deal their pick in a package for a forward but it's obviously not a real high pick. There's a few teams that are in the top 10 to 15 picks willing to move their 1st rounders for players.

Sharp is good but I don't think he'll be his Blackhawks level on a new team unless it's got a comparable center like Kane or Toews to pair with him, hence the potential for the deal to be risky for whoever acquires him.

And no I would not move Merrill or Larsson for him at all.

Sharp got really streaky this season and at one point was on a pretty significant cold drought.

The price also drops if he's a cap casualty. He also has a limited NMC, not sure of the terms though.