GDT: New Jersey Gionta @ Montreal Gionta

Coorslight

Gary Bettman is doing to the NHL what David Stern did to the NBA. Add all these penalties, take out the physicality. Players are now strategizing on hwo to draw calls instead of playing the game. Hence you have Cole with the dive. BTW, diving, despite the warnings, rarely ever gets called.

I dont see it as a dive -- Andy stopped him - stopped him fair and square not tripped with a stick - he hussled his ass and got there and because some stupid fvck thought it couldn't be done and stopped watching he gets a BS penalty. Dive who gives a fvck but someone doing their job right and getting dicked over for it by the ref is what's BS to me. Embellishing is part of the game - but this even if embellished what brought Cole down was fair.

Am I wrong? or am I being too detail oriented or -- it's just a game who cares? ^_^ Seriously though -- did I not see it right?

I always expect an answer... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn

That was not a 3 on 1 - Markov came back and was gaining on Zidlicky, passing it to him could've gone wrong for sure. I like the shot attempt by Kovalchuk. If he passed it and something went wrong, we'd hear about how he passes it too much.

Josefson had a bad game - the awful clear that led to goal #3 and a lot of other mistakes

Bad call at the end but whatever, Devils were only 55% chance to win the game at that point, can't get too upset. Should've been able to kill it off, I was surprised they used Elias and not Zajac for the final kill.

Lucky to get a point here, Brodeur was very good, defense struggled all night - looks like the lack of forechecking is exposing the defense a bit, something that has to concern Lou and DeBoer a great deal.

Still think it was a 3-on-1. I like Kovy shooting more on 2-on-1s, but, I also want to see the goalie having to move a bit in that situation. On another note, would really like to see Larsson get in there soon.

If they put in Larsson Tuesday it better be for Volchenkov. The guy's literally been on the ice for every single goal against this year.

Question: Why Cam Janssen? Why not Butler or Darche?

Darche'll be playing soon enough when Matteau gets sent back down in the next few days (and he is getting sent down, they aren't keeping him up here to play >10 minutes a night). Of course we'll still have to deal with Cam/Barch for a while because of our one-dimensional goon fetish.

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

Question: Why Cam Janssen? Why not Butler or Darche?

Good point. Our goons haven't even fought this year. I would rather see Butler come up and Matteau go down. As for Darche, still up in the air, he has to be doing awfully mediocre to be hanging in no mans land for this long.

are you guys seriously daring blaming that loss on bad calls? The guys played like sh!t they softly threw the puck to montreal ALL GAME LONG.

wow lol take off those blinders guys. Even Elias said we didnt deserve that win. was a disgrace on the ice

Oh I agree. The team was totally balls all night. That's why I said in the chat that it looked like they finally stopped playing like they were in the playoffs. No forecheck, no physical play, botched assignments.

However, that doesn't negate the fact that that was a bad call. However, the bad call didn't cause us to lose, the poor play caused us to lose.

Who cares? What Blinders? Guess what? It was 3-3 with 1 minute to go in OT. The Devils didn't benefit from BS calls or sh!tty goaltending. It's easy for Elias to say that because the team didn't play well, and their goalie bailed them out at times, but they still had it 3-3 before Cole dove (used a veteran move to bate the ref or whatever you want to call it). So everyone here has a right to be pissed off at how it ended.

It isn't like we are blaming Brodeur for letting in a bad goal or Kovy for hitting the post.

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

take the loss like men and deal with it. The team played horrible and thats it.

With Henrique almost back, Matteau probably going back to Blainville-Boisbriand, I wouldn't mind seeing Darche signed and Butler called up and trying something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

Darche-Josefson-Bernier/Butler

Carter-Gionta-Butler/Bernier

Keep Tedenby, Barch, and Janssen off the ice as much as possible. I'd like to see the Zuburs-Elias-Clarkson line get some more time together and Henrique should slot in nicely with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

it was the right call, he had his arm around him and was holding him, maybe Cole embelished it but it was still a penalty.

I think you're overreacting a bit. No one is pinning this loss solely on that, we know the Devils didn't play that well for the most part tonight. The bottom line is Cole grabbed Greene's arm and dove and it ended up helping Montreal win in a bitter way. It's not like he isn't a well known diver. People should be able to get upset at that without being accused of having blinders. Obviously, the Devils should have played better to avoid being in that situation but it is what it is. In a way both teams walked away with a point that neither of them deserved tonight so I'll take it.

Sure you are just pissed because the crap you are it will be getting from your Canadians fans friends?

With Henrique almost back, Matteau probably going back to Blainville-Boisbriand, I wouldn't mind seeing Darche signed and Butler called up and trying something like this:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson

Darche-Josefson-Bernier/Butler

Carter-Gionta-Butler/Bernier

Keep Tedenby, Barch, and Janssen off the ice as much as possible. I'd like to see the Zuburs-Elias-Clarkson line get some more time together and Henrique should slot in nicely with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

That's cute. And by the way that makes way too much sense, but we are seeing one of Janssen and Barch all year like last season with Janssen/Boulton. And if we are lucky, we might even get both of them in the lineup together for double the fake fights. There is a reason Lou signed Barch to a two-year deal after how awful the Peters/Boulton multi-year deals went. That reason is unknown to us. These guys are playing sadly. End of story.

In camp DeBoer commented on moving Elias back to the wing and keeping Henrique at center when he comes back but I felt that the Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson line showed enough to let them work together for a run of games. We'll see what happens. I really prefer Elias at center and Henrique on the wing - I just don't see Henrique being a center for the majority of his career.

Regardless, something has to happen in addition to getting Henrique and Darche in there. I love the fourth line when they aren't the third line and it's a waste to have Josefson on the current fourth line.

Sure you are just pissed because the crap you are it will be getting from your Canadians fans friends?

no im just not hypocrite, it's so typical and i hate when people whine after a bad call but don't say a word or laugh about it when it goes your way (like against Washington)

i'm not even sure it was a bad call, green really got his arm around him, if Cole grabbed him or wtv his arm was still there at first.

Was an horrible game and im just glad we somehow got a point out of it