NFL Week 11!

CRASHER

Brady is making some awful decisions tonight. Last mistake was almost rookie-like.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is making some awful decisions tonight. Last mistake was almost rookie-like.

Looks like he bounced back nicely.....halftime may have come at the perfect moment.....having 50 Shades of Gray running like mad isn't hurting either.....

He has a lot of fight in him...he does usually shake off slow starts.

Wow...TERRIBLE 4th an 1 call but good willpower by Bradshaw to fall ahead with it.... Luck is seriously a special talent, and especially when you compare to how quickly RG III has fallen off the grid in the same time....

RG who?

As maddening as that drive was, the Pats' D did their job for much of the game (helped by a couple of Colts' miscues). But it's on Brady and Co to take it home.

An amsuing sidenote....in one of my fantasy leagues this same guy keeps trying to make absurd and one-sided trades trying to fleece me of all my talent on my roster, dangling Hill at me since I have Bernard, and now thanks to Jonas Gray's idiotic game so far (he's negated Cutler's 40 points)....I'm not beating the guy....serious case of football karma smiling on me :lol:

This drive could be all Gray and Lafell for all I care!!!

And RG III....you know....that guy who was outplayed by Colt McCoy this year :)

Who's this RG guy again? Nice job shanahan. Arrogant fvck ruined him.

Who's this RG guy again? Nice job shanahan. Arrogant fvck ruined him.

Ain't that the truth.....the one good thing out of it is that he'll NEVER get another job in the NFL again and his "genius" was exposed in being all Terrell Davis and John Elway at their finest.....

Gray hoarding all the TD's is helping me in the 16-team league where I finally beat my nemesis team (he just got Gronk).  Still need two in a row to get to the playoffs there though and with Gio, Moreno, Pitta and Cruz hurt and Garcon useless I'm running out of players I trust in that league :lol:

Otherwise I'm not amused at the Pats whoop-assing Denver and Indy back to back.  So much for them being finished in KC :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'd like to see the fantasy stats on people picking up Jonas Grey on Monday.

I've had him in 4 of my 5 leagues for a month....hell I played him in 2 of them, I'm a happy boy now B )

As crazy as going for it on 4th and 10 seemed, I can't blame the Colts for doing it...their D hasn't really stopped the Pats all night. What else could they do?

NOW they get Gronk involved lol, I might have just Chicoed myself :P (still up by less than five points)

STOP TALKING....that idiotic play (someone should have tackled his knees out dammit :rant:) now has me tied at 111, having Lafell, Gray and Hilton vs Gronk doesn't make me feel good till the clock hit ZERO

And Richardson has a massive hole....and he chooses to run into his center's ass :lol:.....horrible.... If Indy could ever turn back time and NEVER make that trade....and then the Browns don't get Manzell....fascinating.....

They're gonna need him though if Bradshaw's hurt, he's like the last guy standing in that backfield :P

and he's STILL horrible....I'm baffled NO ONE gave Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis a call this year after the Bengals cut him.....

RUN THAT CLOCK OUT JONAS!!!!!!!!!!

and he's STILL horrible....I'm baffled NO ONE gave Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis a call this year after the Bengals cut him.....

RUN THAT CLOCK OUT JONAS!!!!!!!!!!

People must just think he's shot, he didn't have a very good year last year.  I thought if anything the Pats might bring him back once Ridley went down but clearly they had more in the cupboard.

I'm back to talk NFL only because Ron Rivera has made me so angry. He does not learn. Lets talk about that Falcons game.

The Panthers are finally clicking. Two straight TD drives and just get to the Falcons 32 in 3 plays. There is 1:35 on the clock and the Falcons have 0 timeouts. Ron Rivera makes two of the most common mistakes idiot coaches make.

1) As soon as a team get to the edge of their kicker's range, they get super conservative and set up a 45-50 field goal thinking their kicker can easily hit it. That may be true, but the chance of hitting a 30-35 yarder is significantly greater than a 44-50 one. Don't just run 3 stupid basic run plays to get a few yards.

2) But my main problem and the reason why I didn't even care that Gano missed or not. I really didn't. Its coaches obsessions with forcing the other team to burning their timeouts by running 3 run plays. The Panthers offense is hot. Cam is finally in a great groove. The Falcons have 3 timeouts. The Panthers decide to completely hault their own offensive rhythm to force the Falcons to just use up 3 timeouts.

This is the stupidity of it. The Falcons can use all 3 timeouts and still have 80 seconds to get into a field goal range. A good QB that can run a 90 second drill can do that easily, even with 0 timeouts. You just need one nice play up the middle. And Carolina has been burned time and time again (especially in Rivera's few first years) by being too conservative. Anyone remember two years ago when the Matt Ryan started from his 1 with 40 seconds no timeouts and still got into field goal range easily for the Falcons to win. Ron didn't.

So 3rd and 5 at the 27. Falcons have 1 timeout with 1:25 to go. Basic i-formation run call. Why not go for a pass to get the first down, get a closer field goal attempt inside 35 yards and kick the ball with no time left on the clocl? Because Ron thinks you need to get Atlanta to burn timeouts.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1:25 AND 1 TIMEOUT AND 1:25 AND 0 TIMEOUTS IS NOT A BIG DIFFERENCE. IT'S DEFINITELY NOT BIG ENOUGH TO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET A FIRST DOWN TO END THE GAME.

Instead Rivera blames Gano, and doesn't even get that even if he kicks it, 80 seconds to go 40 yards is fvcking not that hard.

Edited by devilsrule33

Geesh DR....I do feel for you, this is a rough stretch for the Panthers too....they're in cap hell from that overpriced backfield of theirs, I didn't keep much an eye on that game because those teams (and coaches) are pretty awful right now and when the NFL insists on stuff 8 games on at 1, things will get lost in the shuffle....MAYBE they can cut Williams or Stweart after June 1 next year...its a shame since they were so damned close last year and had to pay the cap-piper when they did.....

I THOUGHT I saw this right yesterday, ok maybe it's the Raiders and it was a last ditch Hail mary try, but they still had time on the clock and the fact the refs blew this off or didn't even bother to use replay to confirm the time left is a DISGRACE, and now seeing the video again I'm flat out pissed off about this....look when the ball hits the ground...TWO SECONDS LEFT....the Raiders got fvcked yesterday (and I'm a bit of a Charger fan cause I love Phillip Rivers).....take a look for yourself:

http://now.nfl.com/play/3994a1a7-1d4e-49d3-b602-5c1d4bcf418e?id=3994a1a7-1d4e-49d3-b602-5c1d4bcf418e