The 2014 World Cup- Brazil

Jesus that 0-3 result was rough but I do feel Greece did deserve slightly better.  Of course not a win, just 0-1 or 1-1 if Gekas didn't suck ass

Greece always appears to want to repeat 2004 by playing the same way. They really need to move on.

What a stupid move by Pepe.

Is he now suspended for the US game?

Yes, there is a minimum 1 game ban for a red card, at least that is the way it was the last world cup

It looks like Löw did his homework. Besides the first 5 minutes Germany had everything under control. If Hummels is injured seriously, it would be a big blow for Germany. He is by far their best defender.

England did show a lot promise but they seemed a bit inflexible defensively. Many times Baines ended up having to defend 2 players and didn't get the help he needed. Gerrard is also no Pirlo.

England's trouble is two of their most experienced defenders are sat at home. Ashley Cole would not have got beaten like Baines did on the second goal.

Germany looked fantastic today. Ronaldo had a shocker.

Germany looked good, but Portugal looked awful, shocked about Spain, although I expect they will recover and make a run. 

As for the US,  I hate the diamond midfield, its a terrible formation, Beckerman is a nice MLS player, he should NEVER EVER start in the WC. Jermaine Jones needs to be the Holding CM.

Zussi needs to be on the field, w/out Donvan our set pieces were awful until Zusi took over.  I really like beasley, but he was taken to the wood shed last night, not sure who else can play there, I think Chandler is an issue defensively . Aron Johanson was awful, no idea how they replace Altidore, Maybe Dempsey up front? 

Lots of issues for Klinsman to resolve.

I have no complaints with the diamond midfield or any of the midfielders. Jones was awesome yesterday but so was Beckerman. He had one less tackle than Jones, had 3 effective clearances in the box, and distributed the ball well. Ghana did well to take Bradley out of the game and the US sat back for most of the match. I expect them to be more aggressive next time.

I hope Zusi plays more. I like Bedoya a lot but if I had to choose between the two, I’m taking Zusi.

I am just as concerned about Besler’s health as I am about Altidore’s. He’s been the main piece in central defense and it would really hurt to lose him. At least Brooks carried over his late season club form over to the national team. No idea what they are going to do up front if Altidore can't go.

This had been one of the most interesting world cups in many a year. Chile have impressed me most outside Germany. Chile play as a proper team.

England's game tonight is must win. They have the tools to do it, I expect a better display from the back 4.

Spain is eliminated after 2 games, who saw that coming?

If i may say that... I do. since the group was made few months ago.

We do a contest here at work.. and i had exactly that happening ... Spain was weak this year... with very tired players.. mentally & physically... 

I always say that Chile was a team full of beast.. kamikaze beast.. but beast nonetheless... 

This had been one of the most interesting world cups in many a year. Chile have impressed me most outside Germany. Chile play as a proper team.

England's game tonight is must win. They have the tools to do it, I expect a better display from the back 4.

Go Suarez Go ! 

(yes i do have Uruguay going really deep in the tournement in my contest as well) 

I agree, aside from the Nigeria Iran game, it has been a very entertaining tournament so far. If Uruguay plays the way they did against Costa Rica, England should not have too many problems today.

I agree, aside from the Nigeria Iran game, it has been a very entertaining tournament so far. If Uruguay plays the way they did against Costa Rica, England should not have too many problems today.

Suarez is supposed to play for Uruguay, that could make a huge difference. 

All I know is that my boss, who's from Liverpool, is giving us license to leave at 3 to accompany him to the local pub for the game.  If he keeps this up, I hope England advances, because I could use some more of these "team-building exercises".

It has definitely been more exciting, the stats seem to show that teams are playing more offensive, through 20 games there have been 60 goals in 2014, only 38 in 2010, that a huge difference.

Spain shocked me, I did not expect them to win, but really thought they would advance, Puyol abscence was huge, and Costa did not step up as they needed. 

Cannot wait for todays games...

Well England literally need a miracle to get through. Italy need to win both games and put quite a few goals past both teams. Then England need to beat Costa Rica so significantly that they can convert a -2 goal difference into +.

So basically we are out.

It's going to be a long spell of failing to qualify or challenge for England coming up. There is a huge generational talent gap and very few players have the potential to fill it. We lack any world class players and I include Wayne Rooney in that as well.

Once England are officially out I will be hoping the Dutch can go all the way. Most exciting team so far and I have had a soft spot for them since my nan purchased me a Ruud Gullit shirt when I was 4.

Well England literally need a miracle to get through. Italy need to win both games and put quite a few goals past both teams. Then England need to beat Costa Rica so significantly that they can convert a -2 goal difference into +.

So basically we are out.

It's going to be a long spell of failing to qualify or challenge for England coming up. There is a huge generational talent gap and very few players have the potential to fill it. We lack any world class players and I include Wayne Rooney in that as well.

Once England are officially out I will be hoping the Dutch can go all the way. Most exciting team so far and I have had a soft spot for them since my nan purchased me a Ruud Gullit shirt when I was 4.

I really thought England had a decent side after watching them play against Italy. I guess there is a reason I don't make my money in the football business. I know it hurts when your team loses the first 2 games, but don't disgrace yourself by rooting for the dutch, that would be like rooting for the rangers :P

I really thought England had a decent side after watching them play against Italy. I guess there is a reason I don't make my money in the football business. I know it hurts when your team loses the first 2 games, but don't disgrace yourself by rooting for the dutch, that would be like rooting for the rangers :P

I was more optimistic after that Italy game. But the defending was poor and the team didn't do their homework. They had no game plan for Pirlo and no game plan for Suarez.

Rooting for Germany would be like rooting for the rangers. I am a big fan of Andre Schurrle though.