All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

Or maybe like other people here, he thinks it's pointless to blow away limited assets on something that isn't going anywhere anyway.    That Pominville trade is nasty.  Minnesota can eat it, they're deep, if we did that it would be a disaster.

You won't get an argument from me. I think it's smart on his part to stand pat. We just need everyone back healthy. Once that happens, we could go deep into the playoffs again.

Edited by maniacdevsdude

we have nothing to offer in a trade anyway...and Lou is perfectly happy missing the playoffs and punting the season, the important thing to him is that his boys got paid with thank you contracts that they so richly deserved (salvador, hedberg)

If we can't score next year, Lou will say the roster we have is sufficient and that we just need to create better chances and that no major changes are necessary. Next question? :whistling:

Because that's what he did this year and last year, right? Are you following the same team as I am?

We added Loktionov, D'Agostini and Ponikarovsky. Last year, we added Foster, Poni, Zid. Do you not see the pattern I do? Because the pattern is: All those guys can score.

If we can't score next year, Lou will say the roster we have is sufficient and that we just need to create better chances and that no major changes are necessary. Next question? :whistling:

Because that's what he did this year and last year, right? Are you following the same team as I am?

We added Loktionov, D'Agostini and Ponikarovsky. Last year, we added Foster, Poni, Zid. Do you not see the pattern I do? Because the pattern is: All those guys can score.

But they weren't added during the craze and excitement of the deadline! Lou should have held off on those trades so that we could join in the fun.. Who cares if you add scoring pieces before the deadline?

It's going to be too late by the time the whole team is healthy again. I hate the excuse well be fine once we are healthy that I have been hearing for weeks. Theres 15 or so games left, we don't have the time for recoveries. I would have to see something added to help w Kovy's absence.

I'm sure the Red Wings' fans are just as flabbergasted as us. After getting killed by Chicago they didn't acquire anyone.

Because they're in the same spot we are.   There's really no point.    At least they're not complicated by having to erase a 1st round pick.

I was hoping someone would take a D off our hands for virtually anything, but I guess it didn't happen.    Oh well, on to hoping Marty doesn't retire so we can amnesty one of them.

Lou's biggest blind spot is goaltending and that's the team's biggest problem.  The rest of the team would certainly be helped out by a scoring winger acquisition.

I waffle on this, but I have to admit, there's a part of me that won't be upset if Marty decides to retire at the end of the season.  He has had an awesome career and is among the best to play his position in the history of the sport.  He has nothing to prove and nothing to be ashamed of.  

What does he really have left to play for?  700 wins?  He has a chance to get there, but whether he leaves the game with 670, 680, 690 or 700 wins, won't make any difference to me one bit.  I won't think 700 wins makes him a better goalie than 670 would.

I know he still has vintage Marty moments, but the save%s since '10-'11 are what they are.  As in not very good in today's NHL.  Life after Marty is coming very soon.  I understand why Lou has put that off for as long as possible, and I am glad Marty has played for as long as he has, but I don't think next season should be an automatic anymore, as far as Marty coming back as the #1 guy. 

Steve Sullivan...Lou never could resist bringing back ex-Devils.  Seems like the right kind of move if one had to be made...it ain't sexy, but oh well.  Low risk/low reward move for a team that seems to be kind of meh this season at this point.