GDT: 4/1/09 New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

njdevil26

It's me... I've come to realize it.. Every team I root for blows it at the end of their season

Devils

Mets

Jets

at least the Devils are still in the playoffs, but if they don't have a resurgence of domination it won't matter.. why sports g-ds why!?

It's not just you. It's me, also :evilcry:

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's me... I've come to realize it.. Every team I root for blows it at the end of their season

Devils

Mets

Jets

at least the Devils are still in the playoffs, but if they don't have a resurgence of domination it won't matter.. why sports g-ds why!?

lol. No, its me. I quit drinking beer and the Devs havent won since.

Didn't we say that Monday?

But this time we mean it!

The thing with 'rock bottom', since it's been tossed around, is you don't know when you've hit it until you've passed it...we play well and win the next two and we can call this one rock bottom. Until then it's just the latest disaster.

Next one will be telling. Against NYR and Pitt we weren't the desperate team; not the team in a playoff position deathmatch. Next game, we're the team with more to play for. They have to play well; there's not a lot of time to fix this and they're coming up on the perfect opportunity.

I have given up any shred of hope this team will go into the playoffs and dominate like we all know they can. Their inability to turn it on like they did when Brodeur was injured proves to me that they are lazy, uninspired, and lack heart when he is in net because they know he can make big saves.

There's a good possibility that you put any goalie in the net right now and they would still be losing these games. Maybe one or two they'd accidentally win, but that wouldn't help them get their sh!t together.

This whole thing is confusing. I can't even try to think about what went wrong right now because it'll just mess with my head. All I know is: they're losing. If they've been going into these games saying that Marty can win it for them every night, they would be complete dumb asses because these games have been losses.

There's a good possibility that you put any goalie in the net right now and they would still be losing these games. Maybe one or two they'd accidentally win, but that wouldn't help them get their sh!t together.

This whole thing is confusing. I can't even try to think about what went wrong right now because it'll just mess with my head. All I know is: they're losing. If they've been going into these games saying that Marty can win it for them every night, they would be complete dumb asses because these games have been losses.

I hate to admit it, but theres a good possibility that if we put two goalies in the net they would still be losing these games. It cant just be they are tired, or uninspired, or bad line combinations.... something crazy is going on, I think we need to find the rags fan who is hiding in his basement with a slaughtered chicken and some voodoo dolls heh.

I just want to see this team turn it on like they did after Marty was injured is all. They REALLY impressed me with how everyone was playing better, getting great scoring opportunities, and putting in a full 60 minute game. Now its like someone clipped thier wings and went crashing to the floor hard.

I want the team back that was winning games without Marty in net. If you can win without him in net why can't you win when he IS in net?

I just want to see this team turn it on like they did after Marty was injured is all. They REALLY impressed me with how everyone was playing better, getting great scoring opportunities, and putting in a full 60 minute game. Now its like someone clipped thier wings and went crashing to the floor hard.

I want the team back that was winning games without Marty in net. If you can win without him in net why can't you win when he IS in net?

They won a ton of games with Brodeur in net, too.

I know as much as anyone else about the reasons for the slide, which is not a whole lot, but I think this spell is fallout from the Marty Party in Montreal and the following game in NJ when the record was broken. Usually, when fans and players celebrate like that, there aren't any games left because the Cup has been won. Combine that with a big Atlantic Division lead, and there's your recipe for uninspired hockey.

They've got a little time to turn things around but if they don't, fans have a right to be ticked off if the season gets ruined and the last good memory was Brodeur cutting the net. I know I will be extremely disappointed if it goes down that way. At minimum, this team has to win one round. MINIMUM.

Edited by Jerrydevil