GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

Just finished watching the game. Good win for the Devils! I would say great but that second period wasn't even near "good". The Elias and Martin goals were absolutely sick, the Gionta goal was great also! I'm pumped for tomorrow night!

Oh, and I don't think many of my predictions came true :( LOL

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching the game. Good win for the Devils! I would say great but that second period wasn't even near "good". The Elias and Martin goals were absolutely sick, the Gionta goal was great also! I'm pumped for tomorrow night!

Oh, and I don't think many of my predictions came true :( LOL

They were some pretty damn nice looking goals. LETS GO DEVILS!!

Clemmensen still scares the sh!t out of me, but the team has really adapted to him. The one surprise with Clemmensen is how willing and how strong he is playing the puck. He has a definate advantage over Weekes in that department.

They look like they've changed the way they play defensively, they're actively breaking up shots and are more aggressive defensively, where they kinda had "standarounditis" with Marty, I guess since Marty doesn't want shots blocked and they assume he's going to stop shots.

It's not a certainty Clemmensen will. Their effort after the PPG was scored was awesome, they choked the game out and kept the puck away from Clemmensen and Clemmensen kept the puck away himself by playing it.

If they adapt to him better than they adapt to Weekes, he might get the job even though he's not the better goalie.

Those were some pretty goals last night.

My personal favourite was Martins, great goal.

Patty continuing his streak, long may that continue :dance:

Frolik scores his first goal in the NHL against the Devils joining a long list of players to do so, it seems like every week some rookie scores his first NHL goal against the Devils.

Lets hope they get it done again tonight against the Islanders.

Holy cow @ that second period. Zubrus/Elias/Gionta works well when Gio plays well. When Rolston comes back I think they should leave Zubrus and play Rolston at wing.

Screw that: why fix something not broken. Keep these guys intact.

Its amazing what a difference a healthy Martin makes for this team

Screw that: why fix something not broken. Keep these guys intact.

Its amazing what a difference a healthy Martin makes for this team

I agree on both counts, we could try Rolston on the 3rd with Madden and Pando, or move Langenbrunner to the third and play Rolston wing with Parise and Zajac which i think would be an awsome line.

I still think Martin is one of the most underated players i the NHL, his stats never really tell you how good this guy actually is.