Top 10 Most Hated Professional Athletes

Donato2327

Just curious as to why. Should he not be allowed to work? Football is a job. Period. Now....I would NEVER allow that slimeball on my team, but I think that he should be allowed to go to work. He supposedly has paid his dues, so he should have that right.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Please. Can you name another job that pays you multiple millions of dollars where the "job" is playing a game? He should be allowed to go to work. Construction, retail, etc. There's millions of other jobs out there for him. Playing a professional sport is a privilege IMO. Yes, it takes years of hard work, dedication, and natural ability, but he does not deserve the perks that being a professional athlete brings.

Let me ask you this, what do you do for a living? Put yourself in Vick's position. Would your field allow you to return or even consider hiring you being a convicted felon? I would guess no. Its a double standard that there is even a discussion of him being reinstated. If this was a teacher or another career that requires hard work and dedication to get to, there would be restrictions on him getting work in that same field because of his past and the crime does matter. This wasn't a DUI.

I can understand the argument some make saying well Leonard Little did this, Chris Henry did that, but none of them were coldhearted and cruel to a living creature. Little killed someone in an accident and is a complete moron. Michael Vick has more in common with Rae Carruth than any of the drunks in the league.

Some idiot team will eventually bring him on, but it will be interesting to see how, who, and when. I'm sure the majority of fans out there do not want him on their teams and many GMs won't because of the PR nightmare that it will entail. Some team will think he will put them over the hump.

Edited by ghdi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 10??? I need a Top 500 list:

1. Gary Bettman

2. Brett Hull

3. Bill Belicheat

4. Jim Calhoun

5. Michael Irvin

6. Tom Brady

7. Manny Ramirez

8. Rod Brind'Amour

9. Bill Parcells

10 (TIE between hundreds) Any player who wears a Toronto Maple Leafs sweater

My list:

1. Steve Downie

2. Donovan McNabb

3. Jim Jackson

4. Steve Coates

5. Riley Cote

6. Martin Biron

7. Darian Hatcher

8. Jimmy Rollins

9. Lenny Dykstra

10. Mike Richards

11. Bobby Clarke

12. Paul Holmgren

13. John Stevens

14. Brian Westbrook

15. Jivon Kearse

I could go on...

Chelsea?? someone obviousley dosen't like real mens football how the game is supposed to be played :argh: .

Oh yeah, Drogba was some man in that last Barca game. :rolleyes: He was diving all the time. Look, I know Ronaldo is a diver and that's why a lot of people hate him. That's also why he isn't my favourite player, although I root for United. I recogznize his cons, but at the same time, I love his talent. And please don't tell me there aren't any divers on that Chelsea team. Also, the main reason I hate them is that they are all about the money... I hate Real too, but at least they were a big force historically. Chelsea wasn't all that big before Abramovich came with all the money and wanted to buy a dream team.

All the Man United players you listed left beacuse United didnt want them anymore, Beckham fell out with Furguson because of the boot to the face incident and he was detracting from the team with his private life, Van Nistelrooy also fell out with fergy and publicly stated he wanted to stay at united but to much damage was done , and Hinze tried to angle a move to Liverpool , but United would rather kill a player than let him go to anfield so they shipped him off to the highest bidder outside england which was Madrid.

I know, actually - I used to be a Beckham fan when I was a kid. :blink: It's probably more about me hating Real, that's why it always irritates me when players go there. But when it comes to Heinze, it's even worse with the guy willing to go to the biggest local rival.

I thought you would have hated players like Podolski and Klose??

A lot of people in Poland hate them, but I don't care, for whatever reason. Podolski playing for Germany is actually our national federation's fault. They didn't find him quickly enough. He said they contacted him when it was already too late. And I kind of can't blame him for playing for their team. Klose is a bit more of a dick, because while Poldi talks about his Polish roots all the time, doesn't sing the German anthem and stuff, Klose seems like he doesn't want to have anything to do with Poland.

Oh, I forgot: I also hate anything connected to Legia Warszawa and Cracovia Krakow. :D Not that anybody knows them here.

Edited by Revan

My list:

1. Steve Downie

2. Donovan McNabb

3. Jim Jackson

4. Steve Coates

5. Riley Cote

6. Martin Biron

7. Darian Hatcher

8. Jimmy Rollins

9. Lenny Dykstra

10. Mike Richards

11. Bobby Clarke

12. Paul Holmgren

13. John Stevens

14. Brian Westbrook

15. Jivon Kearse

I could go on...

Dislike Philly much? :lol:

Jackson and Coatsey are pretty horrible. I'm just happy they no longer have that old bag o' balls in the booth with them. For the life of me, I can't remember his name though. I think he's the one that Larry Robinson hit so hard that he dented the boards at the Forum.

Edit: DORNHOEFER! That's the guy! He was absolutely worthless in the Flyers booth.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

yankmees

cowgirls

rags

notre dame yiddish

denver ponys

kc chumps

boston celtrash

ny muts

san diego chargers

DUKE elitist bastaads (couldn't have cared less about them until recently)

Howard flies under the radar a little, but he's definitely an arrogant prick. The way he stands at the plate and watches his pop fly home runs in that joke of a ball park, the way he stamps on home plate with both feet. Somebody really needs to lodge a fastball into his snuffleupagus trunk of a nose.

They showed a stat during last night's game that Howard has two HRs at home this season and eight on the road. Just sayin...

-Avery (no comment)

-The Queen of NY (when he cries after playoff losses you nearly feel bad for this loser)

-Gomez (he's always so smug and dirty)

-Eric Staal (he makes those foolish Hurricanes fans cheer for the only thing they know is good, "goal!")

-Chris Pronger (dirtiest playing gap tooth monster in the NHL, someone needs to knock out all of his teeth)

- Rangers announcers (they're more than happy to stop talking about the game at hand to instead make Rangers fans believe that Avery is the new messiah. Morons)

-Vinny Lecavlier (his face annoys me)

-Mike Francesca (can this fat jerk talk about anything useful? and can he at least have some knowledge of what he is talking about?)

-Rod Brind'Amour (I've hated this guy since 2006. What a beak!)

-Daniel Briere (He's a whiny 12 year old and needs a good punch in the face)

Honarable mention:

I have to agree with the poster who mentioned Linda Cohn. I haven't watched ESPN in years, but she always annoyed me, I couldn't handle watching her, I think it was the big teeth or something.

Please. Can you name another job that pays you multiple millions of dollars where the "job" is playing a game? He should be allowed to go to work. Construction, retail, etc. There's millions of other jobs out there for him. Playing a professional sport is a privilege IMO. Yes, it takes years of hard work, dedication, and natural ability, but he does not deserve the perks that being a professional athlete brings.

Let me ask you this, what do you do for a living? Put yourself in Vick's position. Would your field allow you to return or even consider hiring you being a convicted felon? I would guess no. Its a double standard that there is even a discussion of him being reinstated. If this was a teacher or another career that requires hard work and dedication to get to, there would be restrictions on him getting work in that same field because of his past and the crime does matter. This wasn't a DUI.

I can understand the argument some make saying well Leonard Little did this, Chris Henry did that, but none of them were coldhearted and cruel to a living creature. Little killed someone in an accident and is a complete moron. Michael Vick has more in common with Rae Carruth than any of the drunks in the league.

Some idiot team will eventually bring him on, but it will be interesting to see how, who, and when. I'm sure the majority of fans out there do not want him on their teams and many GMs won't because of the PR nightmare that it will entail. Some team will think he will put them over the hump.

First, my field would allow this, as I am self-employed. So it is okay to let a dog-killer sell you or your kids something (retail), but not play a game for a living? His crimes were despicable. Without question, he is very low on the food chain. He does, however, deserve the right to seek employment again. If the league sees fit to allow him reinstatement, then he does have that right to pursue his football career. Appetizing? Hell no. His right? Hell yes. Don't get me wrong....I think Vick is a sack of sh!t. But, after repaying his debt (per our judicial lingo), he should have the opportunity to seek employment, if the field he chooses will give him the opportunity.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

First, my field would allow this, as I am self-employed. So it is okay to let a dog-killer sell you or your kids something (retail), but not play a game for a living? His crimes were despicable. Without question, he is very low on the food chain. He does, however, deserve the right to seek employment again. If the league sees fit to allow him reinstatement, then he does have that right to pursue his football career. Appetizing? Hell no. His right? Hell yes. Don't get me wrong....I think Vick is a sack of sh!t. But, after repaying his debt (per our judicial lingo), he should have the opportunity to seek employment, if the field he chooses will give him the opportunity.

I have no problem with Michael Vick working a cash register at a 7-11 or a WalMart in the slightest, or out of the public eye stocking shelves or collecting garbage. Would you rather your son/daughter (whether you have children or not), who may have no idea what he's committed, idolizing the guy when they see him score touchdowns?

I don't think the field(being the NFL) should give him the opportunity. I don't blame him for taking it as yes, it's his right, my gripe is with the NFL for it even being a possibility.

I don't give two sh!ts that he's "paid his debt". I don't believe that he, of all people, should be entitled to return to a lifestyle that most people can only dream of and make the kind of money and receive the kind of perks the NFL provides, where he's going to constantly be on TV and in the limelight and in the event he's able to return to a high caliber of play, receive the accolades that go along with that.

The guy is complete scum and should be treated as such. One only has to read the indictment to see what he's capable of.

Oh yeah, Drogba was some man in that last Barca game. :rolleyes: He was diving all the time. Look, I know Ronaldo is a diver and that's why a lot of people hate him. That's also why he isn't my favourite player, although I root for United. I recogznize his cons, but at the same time, I love his talent. And please don't tell me there aren't any divers on that Chelsea team. Also, the main reason I hate them is that they are all about the money... I hate Real too, but at least they were a big force historically. Chelsea wasn't all that big before Abramovich came with all the money and wanted to buy a dream team.

I think Drogba took one dive in that match, apart from that he wa fouled, but of course the ref didn't see any of those.

Chelsea play the most physical game out of any team in europe, for all the crap about Barca being the best team in europe they couldn't break chelsea down over two legs and we far from the better team. It took the worst ever display of refereeing to knock us out. And apart from drogba tell me who else on the Chelsea team dives?

In football these days you need money to break into the elite, chelsea were close to going bust before Roman took over, but we do have a history, the club has been around since 1905, we had limited european sucsess and would have had more if English clubs didnt keep getting banned from europe because of the stupid scousers!!

If you have clubs because they are all about money then supporting United is a huge contradiction. Chelsea spent a huge sum in two transfer windows, united have done so over the past 15 years to much greater levels.

Anyway enough Football this is a hockey forum :P

My list:

1. Steve Downie

2. Donovan McNabb

3. Jim Jackson

4. Steve Coates

5. Riley Cote

6. Martin Biron

7. Darian Hatcher

8. Jimmy Rollins

9. Lenny Dykstra

10. Mike Richards

11. Bobby Clarke

12. Paul Holmgren

13. John Stevens

14. Brian Westbrook

15. Jivon Kearse

I could go on...

So I'm guessing you're not too fond of Philadelphia? I saw Hatcher at my gym the other day. What a lanky s.o.b. I could take him.

1. Darius Kasparaitis (can't believe nobody listed him, dirty player, ruined what could have been an even better career for Johnny Mac)

2. Sean Avery (at least his PR get hockey attention)

3. Roger Clemens (would have loved to see Piazza kick his ass)

4. Tie Domi (many reasons, but cheap-shot elbow to Niedermayer sticks front-and-center in my mind)

5. Pat Quinn (dirty player, dirty coach)

6. Gary Bettman (ruining hockey)

7. Terrell Owens (money-hungry, cocky, good-for-nothing glorified bastard)

8. Scott Gomez (why else?)

9. Sidney Crosby (whining little biotch, not even the best player on his own team)

10. Derian Hatcher or Patrick Roy (couldn't decide who i dislike more)

Honorable Mention: Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Darcy Tucker (could be on the top 10 list if it weren't for 2 leafs already being on it), A-Rod (gotta respect his talent though, but not his salary), Rangers announcers, Stephon Marbury