Zajac sign Long Term Deal

Colin226

If you don't think his routine of waiting until 7/1 to resign our own guys has cost us players....I don't know what to tell you.

A lot of big names get to UFA for many teams. It's not like it only happens to the Devils. It costs EVERYONE players.

Losing Parise stings, sure, but not at 13 years and $98 million it doesn't. Who else are you upset about the Devils losing through the years?

The people on TSN are flaming NJ and Lou too, but keep in mind these are the same people that are still convinced that the Devils still play the trap lol.

they're just embarrassing themselves and at the same time saying Grabovski's a good deal for the same $. Even Wyshynski (a devils fan who didn't know Henrique killed penalties) says he didn't like it.

A lot of big names get to UFA for many teams. It's not like it only happens to the Devils. It costs EVERYONE players.

Losing Parise stings, sure, but not at 13 years and $98 million it doesn't. Who else are you upset about the Devils losing through the years?

And it isn't like Lou tried many times to lock Zach up. The difference is Zach and his agents knew he'd get the world in free agency. Travis doesn't. And this deal is too good for Travis to pass up on, especially after he missed pretty much all of last season. This contract is more about the future than what Travis has done in the past imo.

I like Zajac a lot, but this IS a bit of a gamble. The last two seasons haven't been great for Travis, though he showed signs of regaining his previous form in the playoffs. LL clearly did this thinking Zajac can regain his '08-'09 and '09-'10 form. I would love Zajac to be that player again...the guy comes off as not only hardworking, but extremely likeable as well.

The people on TSN are flaming NJ and Lou too, but keep in mind these are the same people that are still convinced that the Devils still play the trap lol.

They clearly just don't get it, nor watch the Devils. Zajac means do much more to this team than his goal totals, yet that's all the brainiac fans at TSN talk about.

I like Zajac a lot, but this IS a bit of a gamble. The last two seasons haven't been great for Travis, though he showed signs of regaining his previous form in the playoffs. LL clearly did this thinking Zajac can regain his '08-'09 and '09-'10 form. I would love Zajac to be that player again...the guy comes off as not only hardworking, but extremely likeable as well.

In his last full season he got 44 points.. I like Zajac as much as anyone but can anyone tell me that he is worth 5.75 a year

This contract certainly has some question marks and might have Devils fans scratching their heads if Zajac had played for another team. Anyone is allowed to have some doubts about this deal, and any criticism is fair. But it's a player the Devils needed locked up moving forward.

It's so hard to tell how good a guy is at preventing goals if you don't see him every game. We, the Devils fans, know how valuable Zajac is to creating a good goal differential but people outside constant watchers only look at his G, A, and Pts to see what he does for a team.

I think this boosts NJ's confidence again after losing ZP and all that uncertainty. Yeah ZP is gone and Marty is aging but we have a promising defense in the future, we are completely set at center, we have our big player in Kovalchuk.

This is going to be a good year, I very nice mix of vets and tons of young bloods, and of course a guy like Kovalchuk in his prime and producing his best hockey.

Lets go devils!

I hope so.

Him getting the 'C' makes much more sense to me than Salvador

Not to single you out, because a lot of people are saying this, but why do you people think you know better than the coaching staff about who is a good leader in the locker room? Seems kind of naive to me to say things like this. We've never been in the locker room and don't know anything about the relationships of these players off the ice. Just because Zajac is going to be here for awhile doesn't mean he's a good leader.

Not to single you out, because a lot of people are saying this, but why do you people think you know better than the coaching staff about who is a good leader in the locker room? Seems kind of naive to me to say things like this. We've never been in the locker room and don't know anything about the relationships of these players off the ice. Just because Zajac is going to be here for awhile doesn't mean he's a good leader.

That's a good point but look at it externally for a second. Who gets the C is just as important to the fan base as it is the team. Zajac is a guy that's a draft pick, been a top forward for us for a while and just got signed to a long deal, vs. Sal who (not to sh!t on him) but is older, a bit of a journey man and not as good a player as Zajac. Besides, if Sal is the leader he is assumed to be, he should do it regardless of what letter he gets