#1 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/HockeyBreak/status/140912861756145664

Former Nashville Predator, Niclas Bergfors has signed with Ak Bars Kazan (KHL).

Bergfors is on his way to Russia and is working on his visa. No contract has been signed yet, but a deal with Ak Bars Kazan is close.

#2 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

LOL
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#3 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have a Kazan Ak Bars jersey. Cool! Go Snow Leopards!

#4 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

either way you slice it at this point, we won the kovy trade.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#5 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Good for him. Hopefully he gets the leadership and mentor who will keep him in check. He could be a skilled player if he cut the sh!t and dramatics.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#6 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

I love watching Ak Bars. Having a Ak Bars jersey is cool too. people are always like "wtf is that team?"
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#7 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

either way you slice it at this point, we won the kovy trade.

The trade that helped no one.

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Buh bye Bergie

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#9 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

I was hoping that Bergy had learned from his past failures to expand his game. I though Barry Trotz demanding style would give Bergy the guidance that he ignored in the past. Too bad, a lot of potential, but no willingness to learn or listen.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

I was hoping that Bergy had learned from his past failures to expand his game. I though Barry Trotz demanding style would give Bergy the guidance that he ignored in the past. Too bad, a lot of potential, but no willingness to learn or listen.

Funny, I wonder what goes through a player like Bergfors' head when his NHL career (for now, at least) comes to an end like this.

I was lucky enough to speak to Merlin Malinowski (former Rocky and Devil) for a while about four years ago, and after he was traded from the Devils to the Whalers early in the '82-'83 season, he struggled mightily with the Whalers...badly enough (a -41) that they released him at the end of the season. And though he was only 24 and had shown potential at the NHL level before (62 points in 69 games during the '80-'81 season), his play was so poor that no one was willing to take a chance on him. He wound up playing in the Swiss leagues from 1983-90, and played quite well there, but never got another shot in the NHL. When I spoke to him I could hear the regret in his voice, that he wished he'd worked much harder on the shortcomings in his game (especially defensively) and had given more of himself as a player...he really seemed to lament his lost opportunity. He had been a second-round pick (27th overall) in 1978, with high expectations...he said he felt like he could have accomplished so much more if his attitude had been better.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

Funny, I wonder what goes through a player like Bergfors' head when his NHL career (for now, at least) comes to an end like this.

I was lucky enough to speak to Merlin Malinowski (former Rocky and Devil) for a while about four years ago, and after he was traded from the Devils to the Whalers early in the '82-'83 season, he struggled mightily with the Whalers...badly enough (a -41) that they released him at the end of the season. And though he was only 24 and had shown potential at the NHL level before (62 points in 69 games during the '80-'81 season), his play was so poor that no one was willing to take a chance on him. He wound up playing in the Swiss leagues from 1983-90, and played quite well there, but never got another shot in the NHL. When I spoke to him I could hear the regret in his voice, that he wished he'd worked much harder on the shortcomings in his game (especially defensively) and had given more of himself as a player...he really seemed to lament his lost opportunity. He had been a second-round pick (27th overall) in 1978, with high expectations...he said he felt like he could have accomplished so much more if his attitude had been better.

Wow. Great story, CR! Thanks for sharing.

The Devils should put him on the payroll as a motivational speaker.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#12 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Awesome Story about the "Magic Man".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#13 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I was surprised how open he was about it. But very nice, down-to-earth, mellow guy...he coaches a junior hockey team now and he says his players always want to hear about life in the NHL, what was it like, etc.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users