Since I am a relative newcomer here

Devs82-83

Allow me to get a sense of the experience of our fellow hockey and Devils fans here.

Let me start: I've been a Devils fan since the first puck dropped back in 1982-83, as my user name on the site would indicate.

41 years old.

Larry Hirsch was the best ever Devils radiocaster and I wish they'd bring him back.

I wonder what Bob Butera is doing these days?

Originally from Yonkers, NY.

Hated it when they changed the jersey from Red & Green to Red & Black. Now I couldn't think of the Devs wearing anything else.

I hate the Rangers with a passion that borders on being dangerous.

Miss doing road trips to Hartford to see the Devs...one time when I was up there with a bunch of Devs fans I nearly got into a fight with a Whalers fan...them were the days.

That's a start.

I, too, took to the Devs at the drop of the puck.

39 years old. Grew up on Long Island.

Always wondered what the green and reds would've looked like using the current name/number fonts....and a tweak here and there to make the uni less...busy.

Never saw a game in Hartford. Did see the AHL Devils in Portland when they were the Maine Mariners.

Current fave Devil would be Gomez.

Right on 110!

Do you remember in year # 2, a home game versus the rangers...we fell behind 5-0...came all the way back to win...I believe Bridgeman got the GW Goal...Hirsch was so excited that he lost all of his broadcast equipment jumping up and down...after he screamed "SCORE" at the top of his lungs - it then sounded like someone was falling down 10 flights of stairs.

Funny stuff.

I'm a relatively new Devils' fan, took notice when they won the first Cup, really became a fan in 2000. Call me a bandwagon fan all you want :P I am a fan. Does it really matter how I got here? :D Devils hockey is a family affair. :evil:

We HATE the Rags too! Flyers close second.

Edited by LizDevil30

I am ashamed to say that I do not...please tell me what they were and during what year? Maybe with a little help you'll jog my memory and help me to remember.

Let me add this though...we talk about Larry Hirsch and those first few years of Devils radiocasts...remember when larry would take calles from fans between periods with Fred Shero?

Lou Lams if you're reading this, that would be a nice touch to include once the games get back on the air on WFAN.

Victory cards were a gimmick used in the early days when we didn't win much and they wanted to encourage more fans to get into hockey.

Whenver we won a home game (rare, I know) as you left the arena you were handed a business sized "victory card" that when you compiled 5 of them (I think it was 5) you could get a free upper deck ticket to one of the games listed on the "victory card." Usually, those games were versus the poorer teams - never the Habs, Leafs, Patrick Division opponents or any other top team at the time.

Maybe because of the fact that we didn't win much in those Phil Russell days I can't remember the victory cards.

Ever see the Devs on the road?

Hartford, Pittsburgh, MSG...I believe thats it as far as seeing them in road arenas for me.

They won by the way in MSG...year 2 I forget the final score - all I remember is rooting like crazy for the devs while sitting in the old Blue section at the Garden...those Rangers fans are pussies by the way if they're not in packs.

One at a time they go down easy...just like Holik's current team.

Anyway - you'll find a number of very passionate fans here - many smart folks, the occasional idiot and also some sane Ranger fans (See Derek21). Full range of ages and experiences.

Spend some time observing and post when you feel it adds value. The PM (private message) feature is handy too if you want to converse with someone off the board.

Have fun.

Ever see the Devs on the road?

Here's one I do well on :D

Pittsburgh (7 times), Dallas (twice), Washington, Columbus, Islanders, the world's most obxnious arena, Ottawa, Montreal and Phily

not to mention seen the Rats on the road in Phily and Hershey (proabably going to Hershey this Sunday as well !)