Official 2010-11 New York Football Giants Thread

jagknife

Courtesy of Yahoo....

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Giants acquired quarterback Sage Rosenfels(notes) and running back Darius Reynaud(notes) from the Minnesota Vikings on Friday for undisclosed draft picks.

The Vikings announced the deal on their website. They will receive a pick in next year’s draft and a conditional selection in the 2012 draft.

I think this was a great move by the Giants because Rosenfels is a good QB for a back up role and I think Reynaud can do both Kick Returns and Punt Returns :cheers:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of Yahoo....

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Giants acquired quarterback Sage Rosenfels(notes) and running back Darius Reynaud(notes) from the Minnesota Vikings on Friday for undisclosed draft picks.

The Vikings announced the deal on their website. They will receive a pick in next year’s draft and a conditional selection in the 2012 draft.

I think this was a great move by the Giants because Rosenfels is a good QB for a back up role and I think Reynaud can do both Kick Returns and Punt Returns :cheers:

solid move, now i have more confidence should Corky go down

another positive of this move: WE WILL NOT GET LEINART!

you're right it benefits a manager, but it also in theory would help the fans as season ticket holders wouldnt be forced to pay out reg. season prices for meaningless games [you being a member of the exception since you enjoy the preseason].

when i was in buffalo and had seasons for the bills, it killed me to have to shell out my money for their home preseason games.

Its funny because up until a few years ago pre-season games were FREE to Season ticket holders because of that.

WR is the one position i have the least concern about.

RB is a major question mark with, as you said, Jacobs is not himself and quite possibly be on the downswing. He's not trucking like he used to and its hurting us.

The o-line will be alright, but the LBs will need to come into their own with baptism by fire.

Luckily, the secondary should be a strong point this season with the return of phillips and addition of rolle

I would agree with almost all of this.

Your WR's are underrated and very well coached.

RB is a huge question mark. I think Jacobs is done and Bradshaw is too fragile over the long hall. (Ward just got signed by Texas).

I think your LB's are fine.

The Giants will live or die by the running game this year, which is NO LONGER a strength.

solid move, now i have more confidence should Corky go down

another positive of this move: WE WILL NOT GET LEINART!

Great move on all counts

• 2 weeks later...

So, G-men looked pretty good the other day, huh... except for the lack of an ability to catch a ball that is. Really encouraged by the play of the defense. Next week is the real test though, with Manning Bowl II.

So, G-men looked pretty good the other day, huh... except for the lack of an ability to catch a ball that is. Really encouraged by the play of the defense. Next week is the real test though, with Manning Bowl II.

for once, eli looked to have his crap together. his receivers failed him on at least 6 passes. luckily matt moore played awful. and yeah, the defense played amazing in the 2nd half, after fewell let them loose.

after indy's loss to houston, the giants better be prepared for an insane passing attack, so phillips especially better bring his a-game and not try to lazily jump routes.

after indy's loss to houston, the giants better be prepared for an insane passing attack, so phillips especially better bring his a-game and not try to lazily jump routes.

The Giants have such a huge upper hand this week and can run and control the clock so that "the other" Manning barely gets on the field.

Edited by MantaRay

I heard on WFAN that there is a rumor going around that Jacobs wants to get traded this season or Coughlin wants to trade him after the helmet incident yesterday

Not sure who is going to want him at this point. His salary, diminished play, and lack of composure aren't exactly selling points.

I have no clue what to think of the Giants right now. Is Carolina that bad? Or is Indianapolis that good? Or are we that mediocre? This week could be the litmus test for just how truly good or bad we are, as it is against a very average (maybe slightly above) team in my opinion.

I have no clue what to think of the Giants right now. Is Carolina that bad? Or is Indianapolis that good? Or are we that mediocre? This week could be the litmus test for just how truly good or bad we are, as it is against a very average (maybe slightly above) team in my opinion.

Carolina just got beat by Tampa who is supposed to be the worst team in the league. I think the Giants have the talent to turn it around.

If the Offense can sustain long time consuming drives their D won't be as exposed as they were against Indy.

Carolina just got beat by Tampa who is supposed to be the worst team in the league. I think the Giants have the talent to turn it around.

If the Offense can sustain long time consuming drives their D won't be as exposed as they were against Indy.

Yea, but I doubt that will happen considering how much Jacobs sucks.

The Giants have a few problems that they need to correct soon or they may just be another .500 team.....

They need to be more disciplined. no more stupid penalties

They need to stop turning the ball over (no more fumbles, WR tipping balls in the air)

The line needs to block better

They need to improve their red zone offense. That Eli shuffle pass left handed that lead to interception was disgusting to watch

The linebackers need to step up and the defensive line needs to pass rush

The Giants need a leader. It seems like when Strahan left, the heart of this team left as well

***The only positives from this game was Bradshaw's running and Boss catching balls down field

the only thing that is good is that the NFC East looks like a bad division this year. If Giants are lucky, MAYBE they can be a wild card team. I have a feeling it might go like this:

Philadelphia 11-5

New York 8-8

Washington 7-9

Dallas 5-11

switch washington with NY and even then the giants would be lucky