Devils Rangers Winterclassic?

Beetlebum

Dodger Stadium won't be the only outdoor game, aside from the Winter Classic. The NHL has been involved in endless discussions with the folks over at Yankee Stadium to stage a Rangers' home game in the facility. It's unclear how those conversations have progressed, as the NHL is also considering other alternative venues outside of New York, but their preference is The new House That Ruth Built.

via the fourth period

Has served on the board of directors of the Yogi Berra Museum since 2006…A member of the board of Yankee Global Enterprises since 2004… 

We're getting our first Sunday NBC game of the week, so we're far from being on NBC's radar for a WC.. Our best shot at an outdoor game is playing the Islanders on the WC ice a week or so after the Rangers play someone else

Edited by Colin226

i think there's no way the NHL give us a winter classic. I'm not even sure Lou would want it to be honest? i can totally imagine Lou saying no to participate in a 24/7 Rangers Devils show cause it's distraction to the players. 100% serious

Took the words out of my mouth.

I still contend that they should do a double-header at the Meadowlands or CitiField or Yankee Stadium or whatever.  Devils/Isles matinee, Rangers/Bruins (or Kings, or Blackhawks, or Flyers, or whoever) in prime time.  Keep all the local teams happy and double up on the money to be made.  It seems too obviously good for all parties involved to actually happen, though.

Devils fans really need to get it out of their heads about the devils ever being in a winter classic.

Won't happen.

Thank You!

If they use Yankee Stadium it won't happen on New Years Day becase they have a college bowl game two days before! The Yankees are locked in with a multi year contract with the Ncaa and I would be shocked if they didn't renew.

Edited by GoArmySports

Thank You!

If they use Yankee Stadium it won't happen on New Years Day becase they have a college bowl game two days before! The Yankees are locked in with a multi year contract with the Ncaa and I would be shocked if they didn't renew.

I'd put it in Citi Field. Sure, not as marquee name as the "Yankees" but, IMO, is a better looking stadium, better sight lines for hockey, and, if they want it on New Year's Day, is open.

I'm talking a Winter Classic in NY Metro, not necessarily Devils involved [obviously I think we're as appealing to NBC/NHL as the Bolts/Panthers in one of these]

Some Devils fans don't understand how little respect the NJ Devils operation has.

Can you imagine a WC with one team not scoring a goal?

Remember how AWFUL the game at Fenway was?

At least with the Buffalo-Pitt 2-1 SO game, it was the first AND started snowing like crazy.

Devils fans really need to get it out of their heads about the devils ever being in a winter classic.

Won't happen.

Eventually they need to branch out from the same eight teams they use, especially since they want to have more than one a year now.

If they are going to have two one should be a Canadian special though, have HNIC on a Saturday night, all that jazz with CBC up the wazoo.  And have the other one be US with NBC coverage.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Eventually they need to branch out from the same eight teams they use, especially since they want to have more than one a year now.

The unwritten list of eligible teams for the Winter Classic is much higher than 8, and even then, the Devils still aren't in it.

Consider all seven Canadian teams to be in the mix because, well, anything Canada + outside + hockey = legitimacy -- says most minds.

Add Boston, Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Washington (as long as Ovechkin is there), and maybe Buffalo and maybe NYI. That's just the east.

Chicago, Detroit, LA, St. Louis and Colorado in the west. We're at 17 -19. Devils are in the bottom ten. Maybe even the bottom five.

If they are going to have two one should be a Canadian special though, have HNIC on a Saturday night, all that jazz with CBC up the wazoo. And have the other one be US with NBC coverage.

They would have the original six plus Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly on ten times and still wouldn't consider us.

We could also be averaging 7 goals for per game and still not be picked. No matter where it is, the devils will never be picked

The unwritten list of eligible teams for the Winter Classic is much higher than 8, and even then, the Devils still aren't in it.

Consider all seven Canadian teams to be in the mix because, well, anything Canada + outside + hockey = legitimacy -- says most minds.

Add Boston, Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Washington (as long as Ovechkin is there), and maybe Buffalo and maybe NYI. That's just the east.

Chicago, Detroit, LA, St. Louis and Colorado in the west. We're at 17 -19. Devils are in the bottom ten. Maybe even the bottom five.

Toronto's the first Canadian team to play in an 'official' Winter Classic, since after they started this with the one-off Heritage Classic before the lockout and it became a made-for-TV event where they wanted big US markets involved.

The Canadian teams have the heritage classic though to hold them over. I think we will eventually get one (as will all teams) it just might take a while. Not sure if they would do Devils - Rangers though, essentially the same market. Edited by squishyx

If the Devils aren't in the winter classic the game won't be played at a Yankee Stadium. Lou is on the board.

And when Lou stands up in the Board meeting and goes, "I don't want the Yankees to make a huge profit from this and get great exposure for the new stadium because my hockey team won't be in it", he will be immediately voted off the Board.. You can't honestly believe that everyone else on the Yankees' Board is going to cater to Lou because of the Devils

Edited by Colin226