Rumor: Ducks Shopping Bobby Ryan?

thefiestygoat

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Flyers-unlikely-to-pull-deal-for-local-p?blockID=603412&feedID=6572

I was tipped off to a potential Ryan trade a week ago, but now a decision to deal the Ducks’ high-scoring left winger, according to a source close to the situation, appears to be imminent. Anaheim GM Bob Murray has contacted a number of NHL general managers to gauge interest and talks were initiated a few weeks ago.

According to the source, a deal “could” be completed by the end of the week and it appears, as of now, the New York Rangers are the frontrunners. Last week, somewhat surprisingly, the Tampa Bay Lightning were actively discussing a Ryan trade. I would fully expect Toronto and Brian Burke, who drafted Ryan during his days in Southern California, to show interest.

Where would the Rangers even get the cap room to bring in Ryan? Aren't they still up against the cap after giving Dubinsky and Callahan raises and signing Richards?!

The Rangers don't have a ton of cap room, but they can send down Sean Avery if they want to, or they can demote Wojtek Wolski to accomplish the same thing. If they traded something like Dubinsky + Del Zotto + Zuccarello for Ryan, that could work.

Kelly Friesen Twitter

"According to the likes of @JohnBorukCSN @tpanotchCSN the Rangers, Hurricanes and Bolts are the leaders in the Bobby Ryan bidding war."

But after the coaching change, from Bob McKenzie

"My first reaction, and subject to change of course, is the Bobby Ryan trade watch just ground to a halt."

Where would the Rangers even get the cap room to bring in Ryan? Aren't they still up against the cap after giving Dubinsky and Callahan raises and signing Richards?!

well yea but the rangers are not getting him without giving anyone up. which yea, brings the interesting idea who are they gonna give up for them? they have to create room somehow..

Ryan... please just stay in the western conference

If the Ducks want to shake-up their team, why trade Ryan? Young, 30-goal scorer, bright future. Wonder what is not being said? When you re-tool your team, I'd think Ryan, Getzlaf & Perry are all untouchable, then build around. Then again, I don't like or watch the West teams much.

If the Ducks want to shake-up their team, why trade Ryan? Young, 30-goal scorer, bright future. Wonder what is not being said? When you re-tool your team, I'd think Ryan, Getzlaf & Perry are all untouchable, then build around. Then again, I don't like or watch the West teams much.

The rest of the team is bad and the Ducks don't have many prospects - Holland, Smith-Pelly, and Kyle Palmieri are all interesting, but they're not here yet, and a lot of the team is basically a black hole.